• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Hyundai only one to reset air suspension?

jcepting

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I just fixed my air suspension issues by replacing the 15amp fuse in the drivers side panel marked ECS!! Fuse wasn’t blown but the pins were discolored brownish black. Now the front and back air bags are going up and down on command and no ECS warning light. Woooohoo!!
Where is this fuse box? Picture please

change741

Registered Member
Genesis 2011
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
It is left of steering wheel, down about knee height. See pictures.

Attachments

• 97514F68-5526-42CD-9D36-B67214361436.jpeg
    97514F68-5526-42CD-9D36-B67214361436.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 11
  • 35D3FEE0-3E35-47DD-B931-3E2D0206469A.jpeg
    35D3FEE0-3E35-47DD-B931-3E2D0206469A.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 12

fulstur

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
It is the air fill tube for the reservoir tank. If the system gets too low in air for the compressor to fill then it has to be done manually by the service shop. And as far as I know it has to be done by the Hyundai service shop. They have the only equipment in town.
Jaypee, what was the resolution to this for you. I am looking at buying the RMT front struts but would like to know what I am looking at as it relates to the other costs. As I understand it you replaced the struts but the compressor didn't fill the bags? What is the process you found was needed? Many thanks

11Genny87

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I did not buy it from a Hyundai dealer. And yes, they are just trying to take advantage of the situation. Jerks
Does anyone know if swapping to the 2011 Hyundai Genesis shocks and struts would work in the 2011 Equus or is there a specific reason as to why we MUST purchase strutmasters kit?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tollypopo

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Good morning, I have a 2012 Equus, I will like to do conversion.
Any recommendation for replacing the Strut to a conversion kit? Please help out

bcc

Genesis Model Type
Hey, I know this is an older thread, but there are ways to fix this economically. I had the same issues, sagging front end. I bought RMT remanufactured struts and installed. After installation I calibrated them using the autotel scanner that connects via bluetooth. That scanner can be set to region-specific and car specific. I was able to inject air with my craftsman air compressor (which is essential)d, just make sure you use the correct port and calibrated my tires/wheels just like they do at the dealership. Really the most difficult part of the job is separating the ball joints. Everything else is a piece of cake. Really not a tough job at all. If you have a dual point leak down (front driver and front passenger) I doubt it's a solenoid. Usually, one or both of the struts have failed. I inspected my old struts and aside from the old accordion cover being brittle, I couldn't find any leaks. The air suspension is extremely simple - air goes in and without leaks, the struts shouldn't deflate. If they deflate, then you have a leak and that's where the fun begins, chasing the leak. But 10 out of 10 it's the struts that go bad. Again, buy a pancake compressor, get the right fitting and you'll fix in no time.

bcc

Genesis Model Type
Hey, I know this is an older thread, but there are ways to fix this economically. I had the same issues, sagging front end. I bought RMT remanufactured struts and installed. After installation I calibrated them using the autotel scanner that connects via bluetooth. That scanner can be set to region-specific and car specific. I was able to inject air with my craftsman air compressor (which is essential)d, just make sure you use the correct port and calibrated my tires/wheels just like they do at the dealership. Really the most difficult part of the job is separating the ball joints. Everything else is a piece of cake. Really not a tough job at all. If you have a dual point leak down (front driver and front passenger) I doubt it's a solenoid. Usually, one or both of the struts have failed. I inspected my old struts and aside from the old accordion cover being brittle, I couldn't find any leaks. The air suspension is extremely simple - air goes in and without leaks, the struts shouldn't deflate. If they deflate, then you have a leak and that's where the fun begins, chasing the leak. But 10 out of 10 it's the struts that go bad. Again, buy a pancake compressor, get the right fitting and you'll fix in no time.