Hyundai only one to reset air suspension?

CubSmurf

Hasn't posted much yet...
TX
Equus (2011-2016)
Any update? Covid-19 threw a giant wrench into everything. My car is still at the dealership and I still have a loaner.

Komari4

Equus (2011-2016)
Sorry for delay! So I replace solenoid with the OEM one and it’s miracle everything works perfect. Because of bad new one I was blaming on electronics errors. Basically OBD scanner show where the problem, no more aftermarket parts, it was driving me crazy. I hope you will receive your car soon.

CubSmurf

TX
Equus (2011-2016)
LONG AWAITED UPDATE. Ha

So after weeks of waiting (thanks to the coronavirus) I finally got confirmation from the dealer...

We have settled on a deal where we are installing the Strutmasters kit (!!!!!!) on the car.

I am paying for 1/2 of the cost of the kit ($600), they are paying for the other 1/2 and taking care of the labor.

Impressed is an understatement.

Will update when I have the car back.

Yasha Deon El

Equus (2011-2016)
Last year I had the same problem, but it turns out it was the air suspension system. It had a leak in the front driver side. $1500 for the part another $500 for the labor over a few days.

CubSmurf

TX
Equus (2011-2016)
Literally just got home with the Strutmaster kit installed. First impressions is that it's a little stiffer than what I was used to, but maybe it just feels more planted because the suspension is all working correctly:)

Will update as I get more seat time, but so far so good!

change741

Registered Member
Genesis 2011
Equus (2011-2016)
Where the compressor located in the car? Where is the solenoid valve block valve located?
Is it possible an air leak will overwork the compressor and cause a fuse to go bad?
Thanks,

Yasha Deon El

Equus (2011-2016)
For What It's Worth, this is the stance with the Strutmasters kit installed. Definitely feels more planted that before.
View attachment 28956
So I just had mine done last week, and I'm a mixed bag on this one. I'll be honest I really don't like the feel now. There is nothing like ridding on air for years and then going back to standard shocks and coils. I'm going to go back to my mechanic and see what upgrades I can use to improve the ride because I feel like I'm riding on springs. I'm thinking of upgrading the shocks to something beefier might help.

CubSmurf

TX
Equus (2011-2016)
So I just had mine done last week, and I'm a mixed bag on this one. I'll be honest I really don't like the feel now. There is nothing like ridding on air for years and then going back to standard shocks and coils. I'm going to go back to my mechanic and see what upgrades I can use to improve the ride because I feel like I'm riding on springs. I'm thinking of upgrading the shocks to something beefier might help.
I’ll be honest, I’m there with you. I’m not sure if the parts have changed or if my install was weird, but after living with it for a while it’s too stiff. Small to medium bumps are fine, but anything larger is way too stiff, especially in the rear. Not sure if it’s the spring or the shock. You having the same experience?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums