Interior lighting

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have any of you seen the new MB CLA? Interior is beautiful and will give G70 a run for its money especially the AMG versions. Those dual display screen are to die for.
Personally I don't like the dual display screen at all plus the CLA AMG loaded as the G70 will cost no less that $65,000. Sorry I pass.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have any of you seen the new MB CLA? Interior is beautiful and will give G70 a run for its money especially the AMG versions. Those dual display screen are to die for.
You’ve posted the same shit in 3 different threads now...complaining about the interior.

Really? Go buy your MB.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You’ve posted the same shit in 3 different threads now...complaining about the interior.

Really? Go buy your MB.

LOL I noticed that too. Three posts in three different threads about how wonderful the CLA AMG interior is. I think this guy confused this forum with MB.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
Never actually saw these screens at night. How distracting and bright are these freaking "monitors" driving at night seeing that the next g70 might have a digital dash

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Never actually saw these screens at night. How distracting and bright are these freaking "monitors" driving at night seeing that the next g70 might have a digital dash
Depending on what kind of screen it is. The one on the A4 is bright. The one on the Golf R is downright comical and Windows 95 looking!

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
People who have their G70's already, would you say the lighting is adequate? In my car now, I'm frustrated cuz at night it's a bit hard to see the buttons for the power window so I end up opening the windows in the back.

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You have to wonder what Genesis is doing honestly. MB, Audi, Porsche, BMW they all have colored ambient lighting in their luxury cars. Mercedes and Audi have it in the whole range now. If Genesis wants to be a player in the luxury space they can’t have shortcomings on something so basic. It might not be a big deal to some but when all the major players have it as standard equipment even in a base A/C class of sticks out and is noticeable.

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You have to wonder what Genesis is doing honestly. MB, Audi, Porsche, BMW they all have colored ambient lighting in their luxury cars. Mercedes and Audi have it in the whole range now. If Genesis wants to be a player in the luxury space they can’t have shortcomings on something so basic. It might not be a big deal to some but when all the major players have it as standard equipment even in a base A/C class of sticks out and is noticeable.
I don't think they're competing with frivolous things like that!
Genesis has more basic safety tech compared to the competition.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
People who have their G70's already, would you say the lighting is adequate? In my car now, I'm frustrated cuz at night it's a bit hard to see the buttons for the power window so I end up opening the windows in the back.
I honestly cannot tell you if the buttons light up. I reach over, put my hand in the right spot and push. If I get up during the night to pee, I don't turn the light on either. I guess I'm just gifted!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The base models A/C class may have interior lights but when you compare the rest of the car, the base models don't stack up. I got in both the base model A/C class and the interior quality, other than the digital dash and infotainment being better and the lights I guess, it doesn't hold up a candle to what you can get in even the base model Genesis for much less. Not to mention all the additional safety equipment that comes standard versus costing an arm and a leg for anything.

Also MBUX system is kinda gimmicky

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I honestly cannot tell you if the buttons light up. I reach over, put my hand in the right spot and push. If I get up during the night to pee, I don't turn the light on either. I guess I'm just gifted!

then it's probably a good design. Hmmm... I'm gonna go see if anybody has night reviews of the G70.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

^ the G70 window buttons are illuminated, as are the door locks etc. no issues here. all hard buttons are illuminated so opening windows is a non-issue.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners