Is the Genesis Service Experience as good as advertised?

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I tried dealership number two which is the only other one in 50 miles. Same b.s. i had to wait for the manager to confirm i get a loaner. Turns out, it was a rental vehicle that the dealership paid for. No chocolates for me, instead I got a smelly, rental Kia Forte. Yay me! Picked up my car later in the day and was told that the seat problem was fixed. Got in and still grinding. I asked for the sales manager again. Showed him the seat and he said they would need to contact Genesis and wait for approval to probably replace the seat. But, I'd have to wait two weeks when their Genesis tech is back from vacation. I'm so done with this ridiculousness. I'm going to take it to the dealership I bought it from which is 100 miles away but they're professional. Interestingly, most of the people there are of South Korean heritage and are Korean car enthusiasts. All of their techs are Genesis certified. Fingers crossed.

PhenomChimp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My car's going in for servicing as well, do you guys think it's worth letting them do the complimentry wash, or not risk it because of the dealership horror stories of swirling the paint?

WWIAFTM

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My car's going in for servicing as well, do you guys think it's worth letting them do the complimentry wash, or not risk it because of the dealership horror stories of swirling the paint?
Take pictures of the car before they get it and let them do the wash. If they eff it up, then it's their problem?

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Throat Yogurt's experience is what every Genesis franchise/dealership should be like when it comes to service, but unfortunately, not going to happen.

Esp. as Genesis no longer could cull the bad ownership groups out (which is presumably what they did w/ their original 100 dealer network plan); and as I had stated, even Lexus has bad dealerships.

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
So, I tried dealership number two which is the only other one in 50 miles. Same b.s. i had to wait for the manager to confirm i get a loaner. Turns out, it was a rental vehicle that the dealership paid for. No chocolates for me, instead I got a smelly, rental Kia Forte. Yay me! Picked up my car later in the day and was told that the seat problem was fixed. Got in and still grinding. I asked for the sales manager again. Showed him the seat and he said they would need to contact Genesis and wait for approval to probably replace the seat. But, I'd have to wait two weeks when their Genesis tech is back from vacation. I'm so done with this ridiculousness. I'm going to take it to the dealership I bought it from which is 100 miles away but they're professional. Interestingly, most of the people there are of South Korean heritage and are Korean car enthusiasts. All of their techs are Genesis certified. Fingers crossed.
That unfortunate and sorry to hear. Having to travel 100 miles to get good service for a luxury brand that utilizes the service level as a selling point is unacceptable. When you say manger - did you go straight to the general manager of the dealership? How about the Genesis customer service online to complain/report your experience?

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That unfortunate and sorry to hear. Having to travel 100 miles to get good service for a luxury brand that utilizes the service level as a selling point is unacceptable. When you say manger - did you go straight to the general manager of the dealership? How about the Genesis customer service online to complain/report your experience?
Yes I've called customer service twice. Two separate case numbers.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My service guys try or at least give the perception they try. Unfortunately trying doesn’t solve service requests. The individuals having the most enthusiasm are the old timers that can’t wait to drive my car through their car wash. The disappointment in their eyes when I politely say no thank you are the same in mine when I find the issues needed to be resolved haven’t been.

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I took my G70 in for its first service today. Couldn't be happier. The service manager called me about an hour and half before my appointment and wanted to know if I would like to use the valet service and have them come pick the car up. I explained that I had other errands to run in the area of the dealership so I would prefer to come in this time. He said that was fine and my service advisor Adam would be waiting on me when I got there. When I got there Adam was waiting and checked me in right away. Service, wash and detail took a little over 2 hours, which was what I expected. While I was waiting the sales manager found me and asked how I was liking the car and how things were going with it. Had a good conversation with him. Check out was quick and easy and the car looked great when I got it back. On my way out Adam explained why they prefer that Genesis customers use the valet service. He said they don't like doing Genesis services on Mondays and Fridays because those are their busy days and they like to devote more time to taking care of the Genesis cars. He said that if I used the valet service and I am at work they will come get my car, leave me a guaranteed Genesis loaner and have my car back to me by the end of my work day. Keep in mind I didn't bring any of that up. He just gave me all that information. I didn't get chocolates like Throat Yogurt but I did get fantastic service. Not to down play any of the issues others have had with their dealers, but mine is first class. The original title of this thread asked if the Genesis service experience is worth it. I think the fair answer is, it depends on your dealership.

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On another note, Siberia Ice seems to be a hot color with this car. I had never seen a car in that color in person. Till today. Now I get it. This was on the dealers lot today. The GM is driving it. 2019 G80 Sport in SI with the copper looking accents and a killer two tone interior. I know what my next car will be... IMG_20190705_122300.jpg

MysticalJet

Registered Member
RTP, NC
So I took my G70 in for its first service today. Couldn't be happier. The service manager called me about an hour and half before my appointment and wanted to know if I would like to use the valet service and have them come pick the car up. I explained that I had other errands to run in the area of the dealership so I would prefer to come in this time. He said that was fine and my service advisor Adam would be waiting on me when I got there. When I got there Adam was waiting and checked me in right away. Service, wash and detail took a little over 2 hours, which was what I expected. While I was waiting the sales manager found me and asked how I was liking the car and how things were going with it. Had a good conversation with him. Check out was quick and easy and the car looked great when I got it back. On my way out Adam explained why they prefer that Genesis customers use the valet service. He said they don't like doing Genesis services on Mondays and Fridays because those are their busy days and they like to devote more time to taking care of the Genesis cars. He said that if I used the valet service and I am at work they will come get my car, leave me a guaranteed Genesis loaner and have my car back to me by the end of my work day. Keep in mind I didn't bring any of that up. He just gave me all that information. I didn't get chocolates like Throat Yogurt but I did get fantastic service. Not to down play any of the issues others have had with their dealers, but mine is first class. The original title of this thread asked if the Genesis service experience is worth it. I think the fair answer is, it depends on your dealership.
Thats great and thanks for sharing.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90