Is the Genesis Service Experience as good as advertised?

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So I took my G70 in for its first service today. Couldn't be happier. The service manager called me about an hour and half before my appointment and wanted to know if I would like to use the valet service and have them come pick the car up. I explained that I had other errands to run in the area of the dealership so I would prefer to come in this time. He said that was fine and my service advisor Adam would be waiting on me when I got there. When I got there Adam was waiting and checked me in right away. Service, wash and detail took a little over 2 hours, which was what I expected. While I was waiting the sales manager found me and asked how I was liking the car and how things were going with it. Had a good conversation with him. Check out was quick and easy and the car looked great when I got it back. On my way out Adam explained why they prefer that Genesis customers use the valet service. He said they don't like doing Genesis services on Mondays and Fridays because those are their busy days and they like to devote more time to taking care of the Genesis cars. He said that if I used the valet service and I am at work they will come get my car, leave me a guaranteed Genesis loaner and have my car back to me by the end of my work day. Keep in mind I didn't bring any of that up. He just gave me all that information. I didn't get chocolates like Throat Yogurt but I did get fantastic service. Not to down play any of the issues others have had with their dealers, but mine is first class. The original title of this thread asked if the Genesis service experience is worth it. I think the fair answer is, it depends on your dealership.
This should be the benchmark for all genesis dealers.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I took my G70 in for its first service today. Couldn't be happier. The service manager called me about an hour and half before my appointment and wanted to know if I would like to use the valet service and have them come pick the car up. I explained that I had other errands to run in the area of the dealership so I would prefer to come in this time. He said that was fine and my service advisor Adam would be waiting on me when I got there. When I got there Adam was waiting and checked me in right away. Service, wash and detail took a little over 2 hours, which was what I expected. While I was waiting the sales manager found me and asked how I was liking the car and how things were going with it. Had a good conversation with him. Check out was quick and easy and the car looked great when I got it back. On my way out Adam explained why they prefer that Genesis customers use the valet service. He said they don't like doing Genesis services on Mondays and Fridays because those are their busy days and they like to devote more time to taking care of the Genesis cars. He said that if I used the valet service and I am at work they will come get my car, leave me a guaranteed Genesis loaner and have my car back to me by the end of my work day. Keep in mind I didn't bring any of that up. He just gave me all that information. I didn't get chocolates like Throat Yogurt but I did get fantastic service. Not to down play any of the issues others have had with their dealers, but mine is first class. The original title of this thread asked if the Genesis service experience is worth it. I think the fair answer is, it depends on your dealership.
They should have given you a loaner so that you didnt have to wait two plus hours of your busy schedule. That would have been top notch service. Heck, every time I brought my Infiniti in for any service regardless of expected time, I had a loaner warmed up and waiting for me in the red carpeted customer bay. I never once was asked if I planned to wait. Even if it took 30 minutes, they told me to go have some fun with the loaner car and get some coffee or something.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
They should have given you a loaner so that you didnt have to wait two plus hours of your busy schedule. That would have been top notch service. Heck, every time I brought my Infiniti in for any service regardless of expected time, I had a loaner warmed up and waiting for me in the red carpeted customer bay. I never once was asked if I planned to wait. Even if it took 30 minutes, they told me to go have some fun with the loaner car and get some coffee or something.
It was his choice. Sometimes I choose to wait also. I like to wander around the car lot to so what else the world has to offer.

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
EdP is correct. I could have gotten a loaner if I wanted it. I did not. They did get me a coffee when I got there. They have an expresso machine and provide drinks and snacks in the customer lounge. Considering that I have the cell numbers of my service advisor, the service manager, sales manager and the GM, who all spoke to me and told me if I need anything to call them, I'm not sure how much more accommodating they could have been.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
EdP is correct. I could have gotten a loaner if I wanted it. I did not. They did get me a coffee when I got there. They have an expresso machine and provide drinks and snacks in the customer lounge. Considering that I have the cell numbers of my service advisor, the service manager, sales manager and the GM, who all spoke to me and told me if I need anything to call them, I'm not sure how much more accommodating they could have been.
Nice, good to hear. Its hit or miss right now depending on the dealership and location. Hopefully soon, they'll improve things throughout the network.

LD5050

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I imagine there’s a pretty massive difference between the worst and best “Genesis” service experience right now, given the difference in dealership attitude across the continental US at the moment.
We seem to be square in the middle with our local dealer, had both good and bad experiences so far, but willing to wait until things solidify more before weighing in with final judgement.

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Friends, gather 'round and let me tell you the true story of my first Genesis service experience that happened this week. I noticed shortly after getting my car that the headlights were aimed too high, I was blinding oncoming traffic at night, everyone kept flashing their brights at me. So I called my local dealer (Genesis of Cherry Hill in Marlton, NJ) which is a combined Hyundai/Genesis store (they are in the process of building a dedicated Genesis store down the road) so the sales and service areas are shared with Genesis and Hyundai customers. They wanted to set me up for a valet service appointment, but their timing didn't work for my schedule, it was easier for me to just drop the car off and pick up a loaner on my way to work. The service writer seemed genuinely disappointed that they couldn't do the valet. They confirmed that they ONLY have Genesis loaner vehicles for Genesis customers, and that I might get a G80, would that be ok? (y)

So I showed up at my 8AM appointment time and pulled into the service bay. I walked in and the service advisor already had my info pulled up on the computer, and there was a woman standing at the counter with my loaner agreement and keys. Mr. Yogurt? Your loaner is ready to go, just sign here. I was in the dealership for a total of about 60 seconds, then walked out to find my fully optioned Siberian Ice G70 loaner waiting for me. They didn't need my driver's license, registration, or insurance card, unlike every other dealership loaner I have ever had, including VW, Subaru, Mini, BMW, etc. On my way out I asked if I needed to top off the tank in the G70 before I brought it back (again, like every other loaner). "Of course not" was the reply.

Later that afternoon I got a call from the dealership that my car was finished and where could they deliver it to me? Again I said it was easier for me to stop in on my way home from work. When I arrived to pick up my car, my paperwork was waiting on the service counter, along with my keys and - I shit you not - a box of Godiva chocolates. I was out of the service department again in literally less than a minute. When I went out to my car I found it washed, vacuumed, wheels cleaned, tires shined, and a full tank of gas. Amazing.

View attachment 21203

Needless to say, I am blown away. Never before has a dealer made the service experience so easy, or gone so far to not waste my time. I know there are some dealership horror stories on this forum...well this is the opposite. I am truly impressed. This dealership chain (Burns) also owns a Honda store where I get my S2000 serviced. Those folks are nice, too, but it's nothing compared to this.

So let this be a fair warning to all you owners and prospective owners: amazing Genesis service happened to me, and it can happen to you too.
That is incredible and more so for me since I use the same dealership! I've just had my car for a month and a half so I still have a ways to go before my first scheduled maintenance, but it's reassuring to know I won't have to worry about the quality of care I'll receive.

I should also add that when I purchased the car from Burns, the manager ran up to me as I was on my way out and handed me a bottle of wine! That was a pleasant surprise. So also the battery pack that came in the mail Monday.

Last edited:

Throat Yogurt

6MT Mafia
SUPPORTING MEMBER
I'm right here.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That is incredible and more so for me since I use the same dealership! I've just had my car for a month and a half so I still have a ways to go before my first scheduled maintenance, but it's reassuring to know I won't have to worry about the quality of care I'll receive.

I should also add that when I purchased the car from Burns, the manager ran up to me as I was on my way out and handed me a bottle of wine! That was a pleasant surprise. So also the battery pack that came in the mail Monday.
Greg (Burns GM) also gave me a bottle of wine. And you'll get Godiva Chocolates when your first Service is finished. They've done everything very well by me so far.