MnSoft updating this spring

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I want free update, can you upload the image of the SD card somewhere?
BTW, the page says there is also an USB, what is it used for?

My version is very old (06.50.71.001.003) (Ultimate version)
I can dig into the SD card to see if there is a way to replace the VIN number if it is present
I would need two images of the same version from two different cars so I can compare the two to identify the place where they keep the VIN number

this software can be used to create an image of the SD card:
[/URL]

From what I have read the vin is encoded to the SD serial number and encrypted.

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I doubt it, when would that happen?
Just tried to order the update and it doesn't ask for my VIN number.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I doubt it, when would that happen?
Just tried to order the update and it doesn't ask for my VIN number.
I believe it happens the moment you put it into the unit, usable on any unit until it is installed into a unit.

Last edited:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
It did not ask me for a VIN
I was able to add it to cart and go through checkout

jacek

Genesis Model Type
maps are never free, the programming for the routing and POIs is proprietary so there will always be a fee, even though Genesis says "free" for 3 years for new owners, Genesis is paying for them and the cost was likely built into the cost of the vehicles.

with 12.5 it did show a fee on mapnsoft until you enter your VIN, if it's on the magic list then at checkout it reverts to $0, Still has the shipping charge, but there is a check box to "charge to Genesis" that again zeros it out..

if you want free I have my 11.5 version I will give to you, shoot me an address, I have no use for it..

I have a version with 8 inches touch. In Poland, the maps are me unprofessional but the previous owner has not updated the system and I do not have an android auto. I think that installing the version 11.5 will solve this ptoblem I will gladly accept or buy a card. He would be delighted if you could send it to me

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
maps are never free, the programming for the routing and POIs is proprietary so there will always be a fee, even though Genesis says "free" for 3 years for new owners, Genesis is paying for them and the cost was likely built into the cost of the vehicles.

with 12.5 it did show a fee on mapnsoft until you enter your VIN, if it's on the magic list then at checkout it reverts to $0, Still has the shipping charge, but there is a check box to "charge to Genesis" that again zeros it out..

if you want free I have my 11.5 version I will give to you, shoot me an address, I have no use for it..

I have a version with 8 inches touch. In Poland, the maps are me unprofessional but the previous owner has not updated the system and I do not have an android auto. I think that installing the version 11.5 will solve this ptoblem I will gladly accept or buy a card. He would be delighted if you could send it to me
I was offering to Nikhil. And US maps won’t work in Poland, additionally the firmware for the larger 9.2 screen (what I have) won’t work on the 8” screen

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type

jacek

Genesis Model Type
Thanks for the answer.
I'm curious if Nikhil managed to install the firmware. If someone has the 8'' version I'm still interested
Best regards :)

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I wonder if this will work

looks like it works on Nissan

Last edited:

letapragas

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yha mine is a 2015 3.8 Ultimate , and is certified CPO .
But i do not see any option in myHyundai to upgrade maps for free . Also its over 3 years now .

I checked in the sd card matrix and my version - NAM.07.47.65.001.002 maps to v8.5 . The v13 upgrade should be a big upgrade from the v8.5 its currently running .

sd card version matrix - SD Matrix

View attachment 18505
Mine is also v8.5 and I really hope they give us Android Auto or Apple CarPlay on v13. That would be awesome!

letapragas

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I asked MapnSoft regarding the new features in v13 vs v12.5 and here is what they told me:

Angel 3/20/19 2:22:23 p.m.
The software update for the JogDial radio did not change moving to V13, only the map navigation data. The v12.5 new features manual will remain the same since nothing was added.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Well looks like I'm skipping this until version 14 or new actual cool features are added. Provided if I still have the car.

The USB stick is for when updating and the Update button is greyed out. At which point you use the USB stick and it must be a digital key of some sort and the Update button becomes blue.

I don't think you can image the SD card, I think someone already tried something is tied to the SD card which makes a imaged card won't work.

kibber

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
By the way, v12.5 is not available any more on Mapnsoft's website, and neither is v13. I guess they really want to make sure you don't pay $145 for a version that's going to become outdated in a couple of weeks.

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The VIN part doesn't officially get written to the card until you complete setup in a car. However- the SD card has a unique firmware ID (that can't be copied, DRM specific card) that negotiates an install package decryption based on the card number and a preshared key in the nav system. Once installed, the SD card provides nothing more than an authentication token (based on SD card serial and nav unit VIN) to the nav unit, if ejected the nav unit enters an unlicensed state.

So the first step to successfully copying would be to crack the DRM on the card, then the auth interface in the car.
I was able to clone my original SD card and it worked.
So I think I will be able to clone the update SD the same way.
If anyone is going to buy the update for Ultimate package (with Jog Dial and 9.2 screen) and willing to participate in this experiment - please let me know.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.