MnSoft updating this spring

Valo_Soul

Registered Member
I'm so confused about map updates on these cars. I'm about to buy a 2015 V8 HTRAC in Canada, and I'm unsure if it has the original SD card. Will I still be able to update the Nav system if it doesn't come with the card?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm so confused about map updates on these cars. I'm about to buy a 2015 V8 HTRAC in Canada, and I'm unsure if it has the original SD card. Will I still be able to update the Nav system if it doesn't come with the card?
Sure. If the Nav system is working there is card. You can go through the menu and check the version to see how up to date it is.

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Can anyone please post the S/W version they have after 12.5 update for Jog Dial version (with 9.2" Navi)
I think I was able to successfully update my SW version (not the maps yet)

kibber

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
v13.0 is now available for download (or SD card order).

Joe7Bros

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Don't see anything worthwhile if you're at 12.5

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Android Auto and Apple Car Play updates are not mentioned other than they are updated to the latest build/version.
I wonder if it will allow 2 way texts on iOS devices via BT now!

jimbrown618

Halifax, NS Canada
Genesis Model Type
I checked the update site and can only have the option to add the software loaded sd card to my cart....cannot chose to just download the software patch; kind of pricey here in Canada....approx $320 cdn$ with shipping......not really worth it for me as Halifax Nova Scotia is not that hard to get around...I just check google maps before I leave for a destination and put it on my phone.

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Like Joe said, not a lot to be excited about software wise, from 12.5 to 13. (jog dial) Software updates for 13.0 attached.
If you're on a 10. build or less, you'll gain the ability to have text alerts through the system.
I'm in for one...

Attachments

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just ordered mine. Wondering if you must sign something on FedEx when delivered! I ordered two day shipping, at Genesis expense and realized I will put of town till next Wednesday.

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Who wants to share the cost of the update (For 2015-16 Jog Dial 9.2" premium only)
Please let me know, I will add you to the private thread

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Who wants to share the cost of the update (For 2015-16 Jog Dial 9.2" premium only)
Please let me know, I will add you to the private thread
add me to the thread. I just placed an order this morning.