• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

My 2020 G70 Delivered Yesterday

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea why they dont deliver Genesis in a glass trailer here in the U.S.?
I think they stopped doing that here too.
It was only in certain provinces. Ontario and Quebec as far as I know.
My neighbour got a 3.3T Sport 3 weeks ago and he asked about it but they said no I believe!
2 G70s on the street now. Should have made my GXM sign a No Compete agreement.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Idk, I typically find the vehicle I want and the best deal regardless of locality. I bought my G70 from an out of state dealership 2.5 hours away. They registered it in my state and were willing to deliver the car to me. Just not in a glass trailer...

I do most of my negotiating via email and phone these days. I typically dont step foot on a lot until I get some solid quotes. Picked up my 3.3T RWD Sport for $45k which I think is a decent deal after only a couple emails and text messages. Actually had two dealerships price matching each other. Only decision I had to make was whether I wanted silver or SI. Chose the SI.

No reason I see why dealerships couldn't have glass trailers instead of the flat bed tow trucks some of them use except that I'm sure they dont want to pay for such an extravagant trailer. Carvana delivers cars also.

Not a big deal, just think it would be cool and would be a nice marketing tool.

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Idk, I typically find the vehicle I want and the best deal regardless of locality. I bought my G70 from an out of state dealership 2.5 hours away. They registered it in my state and were willing to deliver the car to me. Just not in a glass trailer...

I do most of my negotiating via email and phone these days. I typically dont step foot on a lot until I get some solid quotes. Picked up my 3.3T RWD Sport for $45k which I think is a decent deal after only a couple emails and text messages. Actually had two dealerships price matching each other. Only decision I had to make was whether I wanted silver or SI. Chose the SI.

No reason I see why dealerships couldn't have glass trailers instead of the flat bed tow trucks some of them use except that I'm sure they dont want to pay for such an extravagant trailer. Carvana delivers cars also.

Not a big deal, just think it would be cool and would be a nice marketing tool.
It is a nice marketing tool.
I can't describe the feeling of watching the truck pull up to you house pulling your car in a glass trailer. You're always excited to get a new car, but this ratcheted it up quite a few notches.
If there is interest, I'll try and post the video.

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is a nice marketing tool.
I can't describe the feeling of watching the truck pull up to you house pulling your car in a glass trailer. You're always excited to get a new car, but this ratcheted it up quite a few notches.
If there is interest, I'll try and post the video.
Heck yes, there's interest. Please post the video.

Also, did you mean you got the 2019 G70 and not the 2020? Wasn't sure if that's out yet. I just bought my own 2019 G70 Elite AWD this past Saturday - wanted the SI but had to settle for the Casablanca White.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
While I'm happy for all of you up north, that just blows. The 2020 has some very nice updates especially the digital gauge cluster.
Not for North America. Only Power Trunk close and reorganized buttons so there is no blank on the V6.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's a curious omission especially when the competition have all gone digital. Although, I doubt that would've kept me from buying this beauty of a car.
The implementation looked a bit dumb especially the 3D part. But the Kia K900 and new G90 have a better implementation of it.

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The implementation looked a bit dumb especially the 3D part. But the Kia K900 and new G90 have a better implementation of it.
I look at a Digital dash as just something complicated to go wrong.
This is a first gen car so I am good to wait until there is some history regarding reliability.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'd be interested to see what the differences are. I got an opportunity to take a look at the digital dash on a 2018 E400 over the weekend and it just looks so video game-y. The integration of a wide aspect ratio panel to handle all the GPS, tachometer, and other stuff definitely looks sleek, but I felt like it was actually out of place in the vehicle. And that was saying something because this thing had a Swarovski (I think that's what he said) sparkling purple wrap

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Heck yes, there's interest. Please post the video.

Also, did you mean you got the 2019 G70 and not the 2020? Wasn't sure if that's out yet. I just bought my own 2019 G70 Elite AWD this past Saturday - wanted the SI but had to settle for the Casablanca White.
No, its a 2020. I had to check for the power trunk. :)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm not going to say I like dealing with the back and forth, but unless the Canada market has adjusted their prices down to account for the loss of haggling, they're all paying the same MSRP. I can see how it would be a detriment to many people if they aren't skilled enough to negotiate well or are under pressure to buy for some reason. For those of us who can/do negotiate well, do the research, and have the luxury of being able to wait/buy at our leisure, I would say its benefit.
They have adjusted the price to compensate for the lack of dealer profit. I don't know how good or bad it is in comparison. In Canada, they bring a car to you for a test drive and you can buy it without a trip to the dealer. In the US the dealers have protected their empire with state laws prohibiting direct sales. That alone tells you that you are not getting the best possible price.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Digital dash... meh. Theres something about a classic looking, tangible gauge with good old needles moving around. They look good with the car on or off. Either way, it's a nice car.

Besides, you still have the center screen between the gauges for customizable data presentation.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In the US you pick up your car at the dealership, in CA they don't have dealers. Completely different marketing approach.
Did not know that. How do you shop and compare cars there?

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
or, attend one of the complimentary track days that Genesis arranged last summer! while most were the 3.3T Sports, other trims were there.

aside from that, schedule multiple trips by Genesis. i believe the GXM typically drives the test vehicle out so i doubt you can get 4 cars at once.

the last option is to simply drive to a dealer or storage lot, meet the GXM and pick any car from the aisle.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums