My 2020 G70 Delivered Yesterday

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Please do tell more! (AHEM Genesis Atlantic Canada..... all one "dealership".... track up the highway...just saying)
Ontario has another one scheduled for June 15th at Pearson Airport. They have a whole runway. Maybe we will be dragging unless they create a makeshift circuit!

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ontario has another one scheduled for June 15th at Pearson Airport. They have a whole runway. Maybe we will be dragging unless they create a makeshift circuit!
Very jealous. Surprised they aren't holding one at Mosport or Canadian Tire Motorsports Park or whatever it's called these days. Probably for the best actually... The average person for the first time in a 3.3t with all the nannies off on a track may not go so well.

Hellothere

Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got my genesis delivered the other day. Made the purchase in Toronto, Ontario. It came on a regular flatbed 😔. So I didn't get to have the whole glass box experience. Currently in an auto detailing shop getting a bunch of things done. So I wont get to drive it until Monday.

Attachments

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That Canadian car buying process is, uh, unique

Last edited:

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got my genesis delivered the other day. Made the purchase in Toronto, Ontario. It came on a regular flatbed 😔. So I didn't get to have the whole glass box experience. Currently in an auto detailing shop getting a bunch of things done. So I wont get to drive it until Monday.
Congratulations!
I see you got it delivered in the rain as well.
Just got mine out of the Detailer's shop. Looks stunning.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What is your build date?

Congratulations!
I see you got it delivered in the rain as well.
Just got mine out of the Detailer's shop. Looks stunning.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No reason I see why dealerships couldn't have glass trailers instead of the flat bed tow trucks some of them use except that I'm sure they dont want to pay for such an extravagant trailer.
The glass trailer is over $20k Canadian and I believe and only the high volume areas have it (GTA / Toronto, etc.).

In the US the dealers have protected their empire with state laws prohibiting direct sales. That alone tells you that you are not getting the best possible price.
This. Well said. And really as long as you are happy with the price you payed compared to the value/enjoyment you are getting from it then all is good. For example comparing two cars on paper I paid more for a SI than a much newer lower km CW, and I knew this and made my decision wanting the SI.

To explain the Canadian buying experience a bit more if you want a test drive you arrange to meet at your house. Once you buy the car (again delivered to your house and all paperwork completed at your house) all maintenance is covered for 5 years / 100,000 km and they will drive a loaner car to your work/house and leave you the loaner car while taking your car in for service. This right here to me is very high in value. Plus, everyone else at your work sees this and wonders why they bought their (insert German brand here) not to mention the free "advertising" for Genesis as different cars are dropped of for each service and everyone looks at you like you're royalty. lol

In my case my first test drive involved the GXM driving 50 minutes to my house followed by a 3hr test drive around the province. It was over a year later until I finally pulled the trigger and in that timeframe I also had two different G70 models given as test vehicles for the weekend, neither of which I bought. The service is unparalled.

Also I believe the fixed pricing model is fine. If you have a trade in you have room to move, if they are selling a demo of course the price will move. I'm not going to get into specifics but in every scenario I believe the car is "good value", even full price. Not having to every set foot in a dealership and "haggle" with a salesman is priceless in my books.

I'm visiting family in Halifax next week. You're lucky I'm not driving up to Halifax... 😉
Haha, yes I'm enjoying the exclusivity here. Of course want the brand to thrive, but I also drove by the one other car my colour in all of Atlantic Canada, sort of stared him down and we were both thinking "YOU. You bought my car you bast..."

Last edited:

biggeorge

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Congratulations!

QUOTE="timezoned, post: 319084, member: 26085"]
After waiting a month, my Black 2020 G70 3.3T was delivered yesterday.
This isn't my first new car but I can tell you I was never more impressed after getting the keys for the first time.

It looked better than I thought, the fit an finish is impressive.
From being delivered in a glass box, to the Sales agent walking me through all the car can do and setting up the important bits, the after sales experience is second to none.

The short drives I've taken so far show just how much of a driver's car this is.

Just wanted to say now I know what all of you are talking about.
[/QUOTE]

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok peeps. Last Friday I ordered the 2019 Dynamic V6 AWD. It was a tough decision, given my attraction to the G70 Prestige (2 litre). After a test drive of both, I opted for the V6 turbo awd. It is certainly a beast. Any one have the V6 and would care to pat me on the back for making the right choice?
Pat pat.... Lol. I also test drove the V6 which caused me to buy it.

Genesis Newbie

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wonderful - thanks for replying and congrats on your purchase!! When is your delivery date? As I am in eastern Canada, I must wait for about 2 weeks for delivery. The car is coming from the West Coast.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok peeps. Last Friday I ordered the 2019 Dynamic V6 AWD. It was a tough decision, given my attraction to the G70 Prestige (2 litre). After a test drive of both, I opted for the V6 turbo awd. It is certainly a beast. Any one have the V6 and would care to pat me on the back for making the right choice?
Pat, pat... I came so close to buying a 2.0L with sport package, but the dealership scuffed up the spoiler while driving it up onto some display stand... so glad I didnt. I was trying to convince myself that MPG was the sensible thing. I knew I would long for the power though especially being used to really fast cars. Good thing I held iut for the 3.3. :)

Genesis Newbie

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Pat, pat... I came so close to buying a 2.0L with sport package, but the dealership scuffed up the spoiler while driving it up onto some display stand... so glad I didnt. I was trying to convince myself that MPG was the sensible thing. I knew I would long for the power though especially being used to really fast cars. Good thing I held iut for the 3.3. :)
Very similar to my situation. I so wanted the Prestige with a 3.3 but opted for the 2019 Dynamic. I hope I won't miss the HUD too much but I suppose I can get one aftermarket. It's been 3+ weeks to wait and I just learned the car will arrive Frida (+ 2 days for dealer prep). Mine is Majorca Blue with black interior. I am heartened to learn that you held out for the 3.3 and hope that I will be equally as content with the power.