Pics of my G70

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hate the rain. I guess it beats the snow the rest of the country's getting.
^ yup, it's brutal today...but the last couple weeks have been decent. washed my car last friday and (until today) it was still unblemished from rain.

i see you didn't swap over to winter tires. i am second guessing my decision to swap over in late November. seems like i'm wasting the winter compound with how mild it's been. i think we've only had maybe a handful of overnight lows below 0.

edyago

Hasn't posted much yet...
BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yup, it's brutal today...but the last couple weeks have been decent. washed my car last friday and (until today) it was still unblemished from rain.

i see you didn't swap over to winter tires. i am second guessing my decision to swap over in late November. seems like i'm wasting the winter compound with how mild it's been. i think we've only had maybe a handful of overnight lows below 0.
I swapped over to Pilot Sport A/S3+ tires just in case. I'll be swapping back to the PS4 tires in the summer and hopefully use them up by then with a few road trips.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
30% even better. My SunTek CIR 20 let's in 24% of light.
"New laws prohibit the front windshield from being tinted after market and stipulate windows to the right and left of the driver must not block more than 30 per cent of light. "
I believe that would be 70%, not 30%, to have 70% light coming in or only having 30% being blocked

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
"New laws prohibit the front windshield from being tinted after market and stipulate windows to the right and left of the driver must not block more than 30 per cent of light. "
I believe that would be 70%, not 30%, to have 70% light coming in or only having 30% being blocked
Yeah that's not enforcible.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I see. I was wondering whether they were going to follow in Quebec's footsteps, they have roadside readings.
Hard to say. My TL was around 20% as well and was never stopped. But I'm guessing if you have a river with a huge spoiler and loud exhaust, you'll be more likely to be stopped.
Generally the cops in my area are pretty decent and not dicks!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hard to say. My TL was around 20% as well and was never stopped. But I'm guessing if you have a river with a huge spoiler and loud exhaust, you'll be more likely to be stopped.
Generally the cops in my area are pretty decent and not dicks!
Very true, I felt the same way, really don't you'd be pulled over for just tint, you have to be something else.

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Took some pictures in our frigid climate today. Had a surprise guest at the end too.

Attachments

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
AWD version right? How's the snow handling? And what tires?
Yes AWD. Michelin x-ice 3 tires. The handling is great. I came from a TLX with SH-AWD and I love how the G70 handles in the winter so far. I like that being a RWD based car it seems to have more oversteer if anything. It hugs corners pretty good in snowy conditions. The x-ice3 are really good as well.

Slides

Hasn't posted much yet...
NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes AWD. Michelin x-ice 3 tires. The handling is great. I came from a TLX with SH-AWD and I love how the G70 handles in the winter so far. I like that being a RWD based car it seems to have more oversteer if anything. It hugs corners pretty good in snowy conditions. The x-ice3 are really good as well.
Interesting. Can you describe some more the differences between SH-AWD and the Genesis AWD?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.