Pics of my G70

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did some research and decided to go with Kenzo IGL instead of the ceramic pro. Here is one of the articles I read. I am pretty pleased with the results but this is the first car I have ever had coated so I don't have anything to compare it to. Has anyone else used Kenzo IGL and have any opinions on it vs others? http://www.mandbdetailing.com/diy/2018/7/18/igl-coatings-vs-ceramic-pro-which-is-the-better-value
Does anyone have a clear bra (3M film) installed on their vehicle AND do the ceramic coating? Is the ceramic coating ONLY to be applied directly to the paint surface, or can it be applied over the clear bra film as well? I plan to get a clear bra installed on the grill, part of hood, front fenders and side mirros to protect from rocks and road salt but I'd also like to protect the parts not covered by the clear bra. I've had one car with a clear bra a few years ago, but it wasn't as nice as a G70 - and I want to keep it for many years in great shape.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone have a clear bra (3M film) installed on their vehicle AND do the ceramic coating? Is the ceramic coating ONLY to be applied directly to the paint surface, or can it be applied over the clear bra film as well? I plan to get a clear bra installed on the grill, part of hood, front fenders and side mirros to protect from rocks and road salt but I'd also like to protect the parts not covered by the clear bra. I've had one car with a clear bra a few years ago, but it wasn't as nice as a G70 - and I want to keep it for many years in great shape.

You can get ceramic coating installed on to the film. I've seen this with other cars. I'd make sure your installer is comfortable with applying the ceramic over film.

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

There are specifically designed ceramic coatings to go on top of PPF and Vinyl.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man, those Alphas look so good... Even so, I bet you're enjoying having more power in the G70, yes???
LOL!!! I’m dying here with all these posts!!!! Yes I am a girl, no doubt about it man:) and yes I LOVE fast cars!!! I grew up around racing and my dad and brothers all have restored classic cars with lots of HP in them so it’s in my blood!!! I am definitely loving the power in the G70!! No turbo lag compared to the Alfa! I had the GO PEDAL from Madness Autoworks in my Alfa which eliminated the turbo lag thankfully..Anyways, Dai Uy Ted, the Alfa was a lot harder to get in and out of compared to the G70. It seemed lower and all my front passengers that have been in both cars completely agree with me. You should probably check it out if you are even thinking of getting one, it is a nice car to drive though. A little more room in the backseat where you actually can have back seat passengers but you just don’t have the power as you do in the 3.3 G70 (if that’s what you want) unless you buy the Giulia Quad that has the Ferrari engine in it, 505HP, about $75, 000...

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL thanks Beefer!!
I have a question for you guys. Has anyone put wheel spacers to bring the tires out a little more to make them sit flush with the fenders? It gives it a wider stance and I had them on my Alfa which made the tires look wider without having to buy wider tires. If so I am wondering what size spacers? Madness Autoworks said they could get them but I need to measure the distance between the fender and the top of the tire with a plum bob??

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a question for you guys. Has anyone put wheel spacers to bring the tires out a little more to make them sit flush with the fenders? It gives it a wider stance and I had them on my Alfa which made the tires look wider without having to buy wider tires. If so I am wondering what size spacers? Madness Autoworks said they could get them but I need to measure the distance between the fender and the top of the tire with a plum bob??
That would look sweet honestly, spacers can be pricey though but worth it for the look. Should pair it with lowering springs while you're at it

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That would look sweet honestly, spacers can be pricey though but worth it for the look. Should pair it with lowering springs while you're at it
Ya I thought about that as well just to bring it down a little bit and fill that gap between the tires and fender..

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
the stinger is pretty sharp but those straight narrow reflectors on the rear quarter panel sticking out from the taillights are f'n weird.
Totally agree. I would want the red Stinger (if I wasn't stuck on the G70) to tone down that accent, but of course you can only get the red with a black interior, and I hate black interiors. Can't win.

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ll admit I really liked the stinger. I just love the hatchback style. There’s a good chance that I might have ended up with a stinger if the financing and leasing rates weren't so insanely high. However, I’m glad I did end up with a G70. From what I remember the G70 interior is definitely better. I really dislike how the rear tail lights have those long thin pieces that wrap around from the back to the side body panels.

I will say that this limited GTS addition has some really nice accent improvements. The stinger badge instead of the Kia badge on the back is really nice and the black grills with the carbon trim look great. Not an orange fan though.