Pics of my G70

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Alfa shown may be a Ti, but it's not a Quadrifoglio. Same body and colors, though.
I'm shopping G70, Giulia, and Jag I-Pace. Probably gonna go Genny. I really appreciate the side-by-side photos, especially since I plan to go blue!
Yeah, you are correct, I lightened the pic and only one exhaust per side.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What did you use for yours?
Mine is a special case and a lesson learned. Working with the dealer to fix issues that their contracted detailer caused, but I would lean towards a ceramic coating. I've seen good reviews of Ceramic Pro, but I'm no expert. Definitely consult a reputable local detailing shop

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine is a special case and a lesson learned. Working with the dealer to fix issues that their contracted detailer caused, but I would lean towards a ceramic coating. I've seen good reviews of Ceramic Pro, but I'm no expert. Definitely consult a reputable local detailing shop
hope yours works out, thanks

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
Titusville FL
Regarding ceramic coating:
My first two cars that were ceramic coated (Genesis and Nissan) were done with Ceramic Pro, because that's what the installer used. My last car (Jaguar) was done with Feynlab, when a new shop opened much closer to me, because that's what they used.
Both have been excellent.
I'd say, select your best choice installer/detailer shop, and go with what they recommend and are used to applying.
Most important is meticulous prep, even on a brand-new vehicle.

Last edited:

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Regarding ceramic coating:
My first two cars that were ceramic coated (Genesis and Nissan) were done with Ceramic Pro, because that's what the installer used. My last car (Jaguar) was done with Feynlab, when a new shop opened much closer to me, because that's what they used.
Both have been excellent.
I'd say, select your best choice installer/detailer shop, and go with what they recommend and are used to applying.
Most important is meticulous prep, even on a brand-new vehicle.
I did some research and decided to go with Kenzo IGL instead of the ceramic pro. Here is one of the articles I read. I am pretty pleased with the results but this is the first car I have ever had coated so I don't have anything to compare it to. Has anyone else used Kenzo IGL and have any opinions on it vs others? http://www.mandbdetailing.com/diy/2018/7/18/igl-coatings-vs-ceramic-pro-which-is-the-better-value

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Alfa shown may be a Ti, but it's not a Quadrifoglio. Same body and colors, though.
I'm shopping G70, Giulia, and Jag I-Pace. Probably gonna go Genny. I really appreciate the side-by-side photos, especially since I plan to go blue!
I came from a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI in Vesuvio Gray with red leather interior. I absolutely LOVED that car and not matter where I went, I got looks and comments from people asking what an Alfa was. It did run really nice and super smooth, almost like gliding on ice but there’s only one good dealer here in the Valley of the Sun and I got tired of driving at least an hour to the dealership. One complaint I had, which is probably tiny in most people’s eye was how small the sun visor was!!!!! It did not help at all which was really irritating when driving to work with the sun in my eyes. The gas mileage though was awesome! I got about 28-29 mpg and when traveling, I got about 32mpg. BUT I am really happy with the G70!! A little more luxurious and wayyy better warranty etc..... here’s a pic of it and my G70 SI 3.3..

Attachments

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I came from a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI in Vesuvio Gray with red leather interior. I absolutely LOVED that car and not matter where I went, I got looks and comments from people asking what an Alfa was. It did run really nice and super smooth, almost like gliding on ice but there’s only one good dealer here in the Valley of the Sun and I got tired of driving at least an hour to the dealership. One complaint I had, which is probably tiny in most people’s eye was how small the sun visor was!!!!! It did not help at all which was really irritating when driving to work with the sun in my eyes. The gas mileage though was awesome! I got about 28-29 mpg and when traveling, I got about 32mpg. BUT I am really happy with the G70!! A little more luxurious and wayyy better warranty etc..... here’s a pic of it and my G70 SI 3.3..
Man, those Alphas look so good... Even so, I bet you're enjoying having more power in the G70, yes???

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ no offense to anyone...but the front of the Alfa is hideous to me. Cannot stand that triangular grill.

Also...those have to be the ugliest rims ever made. When that Alfa first came out...the very first turn off were those rims.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Of course they can but please read at Toddasaurus post again? I really think she is a girl.
Not following you. Most likely a girl...yes.

His post...

Man, those Alphas look so good... Even so, I bet you're enjoying having more power in the G70, yes???
Other than him typing "Alphas" instead of "Alfas"...I do not see any suggestion to the fact that G70girl is a male. :)

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
Titusville FL
G70Girl: How would you compare the Alfa and G70 regarding ease of getting in, and especially getting back out?

Some cars compound the difficulty for me by having a special, non-changeable setting which lowers the seat when the engine is off, supposedly to facilitate entry and exit, but that makes it even harder for this old bod.

I should visit some dealerships. Reluctant because I have trouble leaving them without purchasing...