• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Working out a deal now.. looking at less than $40k OTD [for 3.3T Sport RWD] BEFORE trade-in.
Dang. That discount is insane! Nobody will top that, much less even come close. Personally, I'll be happy if I can get an AWD 3.3 Sport for a flat 50k (no trade-in, I always sell my used cars on my own). So far none of the dealers I've spoken to will even consider it without using the conquest discount, which I don't qualify for.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dang. That discount is insane! Nobody will top that, much less even come close. Personally, I'll be happy if I can get an AWD 3.3 Sport for a flat 50k. So far none of the dealers I've spoken to will even consider it without using the conquest discount, which I don't qualify for.
Did you contact the 2 dealers that I gave you yesterday?

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Went in today and test drove a G70 Sport AWD w/Sport package at Alexandria, VA.

I'm interested in a G70 Sport RWD w/Sport package, they quoted $54,138 USD out the door which isn't attractive to me.

The dealer experience was pretty bad. The salesman went back and forth on whether or not they could actually get me the car I wanted with the exact trim and color options, which completely blows my mind. Why would I spend 50k+ on a car that isn't exactly what I asked for? They're crazy.

The salesman was nice but talked the entire time, and the driving route we took was almost entirely backroads with less than a 1 minute or so of total highway time.

I don't think I would buy this car if I couldn't get it for about 45k out the door. There's just so much left to be desired in the overall experience.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I'm interested in a G70 Sport RWD w/Sport package, they quoted $54,138 USD out the door which isn't attractive to me.

The dealer experience was pretty bad. The salesman went back and forth on whether or not they could actually get me the car I wanted with the exact trim and color options, which completely blows my mind. Why would I spend 50k+ on a car that isn't exactly what I asked for? They're crazy.

The salesman was nice but talked the entire time, and the driving route we took was almost entirely backroads with less than a 1 minute or so of total highway time.

I don't think I would buy this car if I couldn't get it for about 45k out the door. There's just so much left to be desired in the overall experience.
$45k? Hahahaha...funny. Never gonna happen. You drove my identical car !!!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
$45k? Hahahaha...funny. Never gonna happen. You drove my identical car !!!
I don't care what's realistic and what isn't. That's what the car is worth to me given the experience. If I thought it was worth what they're asking, it wouldn't be a problem. Congratulations to you I guess?

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Wow...what a tool. Glad he didn’t get one...doesn’t deserve it.
Why so salty? Um, deserve it? You sound pretty young, so let me clue you in on something. In this life, it's not about what you deserve. It's about what you work for. I can buy this car cash any time I want. Doesn't mean I'm going to pay what someone wants me to for it.

Maybe you had to push your budget to afford the car and as a result feel easily slighted by others who see the value differently? I don't know, but you sure sound soft. I posted my price because that's what this thread is about-- not feelings.

That being said, I hope others have a better experience and we see some good deals as time goes on. I'm done with you kid.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why so salty? Um, deserve it? You sound pretty young, so let me clue you in on something. In this life, it's not about what you deserve. It's about what you work for. I can buy this car cash any time I want. Doesn't mean I'm going to pay what someone wants me to for it.

Maybe you had to push your budget to afford the car and as a result feel easily slighted by others who see the value differently? I don't know, but you sure sound soft. I posted my price because that's what this thread is about-- not feelings.

That being said, I hope others have a better experience and we see some good deals as time goes on. I'm done with you kid.
Go away...why the F are you even here? Trolling apparently.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

What cars are you cross shopping? I assume C43 and 340? Also I assume by overall experience you mean the service from the dealership?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
What cars are you cross shopping? I assume C43 and 340? Also I assume by overall experience you mean the service from the dealership?
Those are considerations as well, yes, although I'm hesitant of the German cars after seeing enough colleagues' experiences. Lexus and Infiniti have some attractive offers behind the IS 350 and Q50, but I happen to have a soft spot for what the Koreans are doing, personally.

And to expand on the experience-- I'm reflecting on the salesmanship, the presentation of the brand and the ordering process, and the time with the car itself. The car did not disappoint, really, but I just don't see 50k there when you're still dealing with people trained at a Hyundai level. Genesis is a brand trying to entice owners of other brands to come over, and to do that they're going to have to be more competitive than that until they've established themselves more.

I'm not sure what your experience is with other brands, but coming from Lexus, Infiniti, Audi, and BMWs... they all have a level of polish that Genesis has yet to touch. Genesis makes up for it with phenomenal service package offers, but without the rest, you really have nothing else to look at besides price, IMO.

This is going to be an amazing value in the used market a few years from now, especially on the verge of the EV revolution we're set to experience. As someone else suggested, it's also not uncommon to see some incredible deals towards the end of the year, so we'll see :D

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those are considerations as well, yes, although I'm hesitant of the German cars after seeing enough colleagues' experiences. Lexus and Infiniti have some attractive offers behind the IS 350 and Q50, but I happen to have a soft spot for what the Koreans are doing, personally.

And to expand on the experience-- I'm reflecting on the salesmanship, the presentation of the brand and the ordering process, and the time with the car itself. The car did not disappoint, really, but I just don't see 50k there when you're still dealing with people trained at a Hyundai level. Genesis is a brand trying to entice owners of other brands to come over, and to do that they're going to have to be more competitive than that until they've established themselves more.

I'm not sure what your experience is with other brands, but coming from Lexus, Infiniti, Audi, and BMWs... they all have a level of polish that Genesis has yet to touch. Genesis makes up for it with phenomenal service package offers, but without the rest, you really have nothing else to look at besides price, IMO.

This is going to be an amazing value in the used market a few years from now, especially on the verge of the EV revolution we're set to experience. As someone else suggested, it's also not uncommon to see some incredible deals towards the end of the year, so we'll see :D
The Canadian experience is truly exceptional!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yikes... I don't think we should just shutdown anyone that doesn't like the car, it is good to hear different opinions.

The IS350 is in a weird spot because it is a little smaller feeling from what I remember and the power is also somewhere in between the 2.0T and 3.3T. But the polish at the dealerships and the service is definitely there. Some can be said for Acura TLX, but I really didn't like their infotainment and drive. I am not really a fan of the new Nissan products so I didn't even really consider the Q50.

I am in Canada so the experience is quite different. There is no/minimal relation to Hyundai dealerships. So there is a good bit more polish. I didn't even have to go to their dealership/showroom they have setup until I had to decided between colors, even then they offered to bring whatever color car I wanted see to my house. Really disappointing to see the American approach compared to Canada.

This is our first "luxury" car, we weren't looking more luxury brands before but the leasing rates made it a no brainer. I would rather buy a G70/TLX over a Sonata/Accord. But Genesis having 5 years of service and warranty really help sell whatever additional cost there was. The additional service cost also kept us away from German brands.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Locally. am not fond of the BMW dealership. I have owned several Lexus, but for several reasons an unlikely to own another.
Hyundai ranks high on service. Genesis seems to be following that. Locally. Have really liked talking and working with Genesis dealer.