Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those are considerations as well, yes, although I'm hesitant of the German cars after seeing enough colleagues' experiences. Lexus and Infiniti have some attractive offers behind the IS 350 and Q50, but I happen to have a soft spot for what the Koreans are doing, personally.

And to expand on the experience-- I'm reflecting on the salesmanship, the presentation of the brand and the ordering process, and the time with the car itself. The car did not disappoint, really, but I just don't see 50k there when you're still dealing with people trained at a Hyundai level. Genesis is a brand trying to entice owners of other brands to come over, and to do that they're going to have to be more competitive than that until they've established themselves more.

I'm not sure what your experience is with other brands, but coming from Lexus, Infiniti, Audi, and BMWs... they all have a level of polish that Genesis has yet to touch. Genesis makes up for it with phenomenal service package offers, but without the rest, you really have nothing else to look at besides price, IMO.

This is going to be an amazing value in the used market a few years from now, especially on the verge of the EV revolution we're set to experience. As someone else suggested, it's also not uncommon to see some incredible deals towards the end of the year, so we'll see :D

I think that's reasonable. It doesn't seem like my local Genesis dealers are any different than all the Hyundai-only dealerships. I mean, let's be honest, they are still essentially the exact same thing right now. Perhaps with time they will graduate to the level that Genesis is hoping to obtain. Either way, the dealer experience has been a major letdown for me as well. After several weeks of trying, just one of my local dealer has finally realized that they can indeed order a specific car just for me.

The dealerships really have a long ways to go, in my opinion.

For me, I feel comfortable paying something very close to MSRP, due to the driving experience alone. Personally, I don't really care about the dealership, as I do my own car work anyway, as I find doing routine maintenance on cars to be therapeutic. Anyway, as for your dealer, if they were asking for over 54k then they were up to no good to begin with! I know that would sour my experience if I were in the same boat. I had a similar experience with Volvo when I was cross shopping, it totally turned me off to an otherwise attractive car (the S60 Polestar).

Perhaps you can find another dealership who has a more positive and helpful staff?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think that's reasonable. It doesn't seem like my local Genesis dealers are any different than all the Hyundai-only dealerships. I mean, let's be honest, they are still essentially the exact same thing right now. Perhaps with time they will graduate to the level that Genesis is hoping to obtain. Either way, the dealer experience has been a major letdown for me as well. After several weeks of trying, just one of my local dealer has finally realized that they can indeed order a specific car just for me.

The dealerships really have a long ways to go, in my opinion.

For me, I feel comfortable paying something very close to MSRP, due to the driving experience alone. Personally, I don't really care about the dealership, as I do my own car work anyway, as I find doing routine maintenance on cars to be therapeutic. Anyway, as for your dealer, if they were asking for over 54k then they were up to no good to begin with! I know that would sour my experience if I were in the same boat. I had a similar experience with Volvo when I was cross shopping, it totally turned me off to an otherwise attractive car (the S60 Polestar).

Perhaps you can find another dealership who has a more positive and helpful staff?
Agree with a lot of this. That price aeems high for a Sport RWD. Not sure how his states tag, tax and title work of if that was included, but i would try a different dealer.

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Agree with a lot of this. That price aeems high for a Sport RWD. Not sure how his states tag, tax and title work of if that was included, but i would try a different dealer.
Sorry, I probably should have done a complete break down of the quote!
3.3T RWD Mallorca Blue PS5 Black and Gray Nappa leather Sport Package

Market Value Selling Price: 51,120.00
Doc Fee: 684.00
Tax (Alexandria, VA): 2,253.48
Tag and Title Fee: 80.75
Balance: 54,138.23

Last edited:

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry, I probably should have done a complete break down of the quote!
3.3T RWD Mallorca Blue PS5 Black and Gray Nappa leather Sport Package

Market Value Selling Price: 51,120.00
Doc Fee: 684.00
Tax (Alexandria, VA): 2,253.48
Tag and Title Fee: 80.75
Balance: 54,138.23
Thank you for posting the numbers--I do think they still seem a bit high, but not as high as I had thought given the breakout.
I hate that you had such a bad experience at the dealership. I had an awful experience at a BMW dealer (a few times) and pretty much soured me on the car--which can be unfortunate.
I think, at this time, given the delay in the rollout, the potential for "deep discounts" is not currently that high. (Which I also think is one reason why we have not had tons of people posting about fabulous discounts/deals/pricing on this thread.) I also think that the dealerships are encouraged not to deeply discount the car--after all, compared to what you get on a different similar car, Genesis already believes you are receiving a discount. That said, if the cars do not sell, the discounts may be there later. The Stingers didn't seem to sell overly well, and better deals were made on them after several months. Right now, though, it is still a pretty new car and with the attention from MTCOTY and NACOY it seems as though the dealers want to keep the price fairly close to MSRP.
And, as always, each of us makes an individual decision of what we are willing to pay for a car--if the price is higher than that, there are other cars out there. So, makes sense to me.

tomer

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If anyone wants Hyundai Circle pricing, feel free to send me a PM.
Can you DM me? I can't figure out how to send direct messages on this forum....

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ah...cool. Probably just a mild discount.
It may have changed but according to CarsDirect.com from a couple of years ago it is a pretty healthy discount for the friends and family plan. Quite a bit below invoice.

Attachments

wabbajack

Registered Member
Thanks for posting about 3% off MSRP discount pricing. I test drove a G70 last night and it was a life changing experience. It was only the 2.0T, but I could tell the chassis is well balanced (I daily a 2017 ATS). The interior is also top notch (I drove a 2017 A3 for a year and had A4 loaners).

However, the pricing is unrealistic. Consider that the Kia Stinger is basically a longer and mildly less sporty G70. There are plenty of new 2018 Stinger GT2 (fully loaded) models for sale <200 miles from my house. $52k MSRP and now asking $41k. That closer to what I'd pay for the G70 - shame I have to wait a year.

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for posting about 3% off MSRP discount pricing. I test drove a G70 last night and it was a life changing experience. It was only the 2.0T, but I could tell the chassis is well balanced (I daily a 2017 ATS). The interior is also top notch (I drove a 2017 A3 for a year and had A4 loaners).

However, the pricing is unrealistic. Consider that the Kia Stinger is basically a longer and mildly less sporty G70. There are plenty of new 2018 Stinger GT2 (fully loaded) models for sale <200 miles from my house. $52k MSRP and now asking $41k. That closer to what I'd pay for the G70 - shame I have to wait a year.
I wouldn't bet on the same kind of deals with the G70 as with the stinger even after a year. Hell CA still don't have cars yet. On the other hand, a lot more supply and extensive dealer network exists for the stinger. Genesis only made and shipped a specific allotment for the US market, and with the lean dealer network and recent awards I can see the price hold far better for the G70.

They used to have 300 dollar/month OTD lease specials for the 2015/2016 hyundai genesis, now you have to pay at least 450 for the same car because of less incentives due to the branding and concierge/maintenance services with genesis. Doesn't look like they will be more flexible with their incentive program anytime soon for the newer genesis models.

md1801

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I only have two options, "follow" or "ignore". Not sure what is causing this issue... are you able to start a conversation with me to reply to?
FWIW I have the same issue....I've been registered for quite a while, but perhaps it's a thread-count based marker to be able to send PMs. In any case, it's certainly annoying!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.