• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ good write up, and it sounds like they played it as straight as they could. curious for further updates as well as feedback on 'Genesis' service and valet offerings. they are bang on that there needs to be greater brand separation to be taken seriously.

in CAD, Genesis 'experience managers' are separate from Hyundai and they do not sell Hyundais. Genesis are their sole focus which is good. but they are physically linked within existing Hyundai dealers for receiving, service, etc, which is why so much of their model is 'we come to you'. this conceals that fact and gives the at-home impression of greater separation. working online and at home (the GXM does most of the deal at your house) is a nice aspect of the deal, especially considering we would otherwise be sitting in a Hyundai dealer.

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
2019 AWD Design Edition. MSRP $52370 +$750 dealer add-ons. (Paint/fabric protection yada yada)

Utilized Costco pricing.

Agreed upon price: $51,065 plus $750 acq. Fee for lease.

$2000 rebate and $1000 down payment.

Now, I had $4,250 in negative equity on my trade in, but the Costco pricing and rebate helped to cover this cost. So with the negative equity, Total adjusted capitalized cost was $54,029. 36 month lease @ 799 per month. This is $747 base and $52 sales/use tax. Residual value, $27,232 at 12,000 per year.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ so looks like roughly $2k below MSRP? Then another $2k rebate?

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ so looks like roughly $2k below MSRP? Then another $2k rebate?
Here was the original quote. Apparently the rebate went up in Feb. Signed Feb 4th. There were some dealer add-ons I agreed to later. One was $400 for interior insurance since I have the light interior with the Design Edition. Covers any damages, spills, and discoloration. $750 Acquisition fee was not accounted for either.

Attachments

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's sweet !! I got $4,500 off MSRP (which also had 3 addons). That included the dealer going down by $1k...plus the $2,500 lease cash back...plus the $1k conquest. So...cannot complain...no regrets.

You'll love the car. Congrats !

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's sweet !! I got $4,500 off MSRP (which also had 3 addons). That included the dealer going down by $1k...plus the $2,500 lease cash back...plus the $1k conquest. So...cannot complain...no regrets.

You'll love the car. Congrats !
I am in love with the car! Wife has already checked on me while I've sat in it for an hour going through all the options, wondering if I've found a new woman. Told her the voice command has a sexy voice. Happy you also got a great deal! I tried to lease for 2 years, but no go. I just want to be positioned for when then next update will come out. Hoping for some interior ambient lighting, a digital dash, and some carbon fiber options. I'm a bit of a geek for the technology and love the look and weight savings of carbon fiber. Dream would be a G70 N version.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am in love with the car! Wife has already checked on me while I've sat in it for an hour going through all the options, wondering if I've found a new woman. Told her the voice command has a sexy voice. Happy you also got a great deal! I tried to lease for 2 years, but no go. I just want to be positioned for when then next update will come out. Hoping for some interior ambient lighting, a digital dash, and some carbon fiber options. I'm a bit of a geek for the technology and love the look and weight savings of carbon fiber. Dream would be a G70 N version.
There are actually 3rd party carbon fiber addons. Lip spoiler...mirror covers (I think)..front bottom lip, etc.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So it seems if you negotiate well, you can usually get about $2000 off MSRP before any rebates. This probably aligns with the invoice prices.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I spoke to a dealer earlier in the week. With the wait to find one with the right options I don't know if I'll be able to negotiate anything off the top.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It seems like that is the case more times than not. They are selling at MSRP minus any of the standard incentives (loyalty, conquest, lease, etc.). Maybe with a little luck/work you can get a bit off.
Saddly, none of that applies to me.

I'm also a terrible negotiator. They won as soon I got a chance to drive it around the lot.

wtgw888

Registered Member
If anyone wants Hyundai Circle pricing, feel free to send me a PM.
Can you PM me too? I can't send you a PM.

I was quoted roughly 3.5% off MSRP plus $1000 for conquest on a new manual-sport. They added on some accessories so it was really 4% off their price.

Same car was offered as a lease at roughly $440 w/12k miles/36 mo. $20k residual w/3k down. It sounds like a decent deal.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can you PM me too? I can't send you a PM.

I was quoted roughly 3.5% off MSRP plus $1000 for conquest on a new manual-sport. They added on some accessories so it was really 4% off their price.

Same car was offered as a lease at roughly $440 w/12k miles/36 mo. $20k residual w/3k down. It sounds like a decent deal.
^ that sounds like a pretty sweet deal for a hard to find 6MT:
There are Fewer Than 50 Manual Genesis G70s in America Right Now, Go Buy One

~4% off with accessories tossed in? i got about the same with mine in CAD, but then got a financing reduction which sweetened the deal a bit more.

wabbajack

Registered Member
I drove a 3.3T two days ago with all the options. Sticker was $53k or some such. They were willing to give me $2k off without much effort. I wasn't buying anyway that night, but I wanted to add a data point to make sure nobody overpays.
I would buy one in blue - but I'm not in a rush now, and I'm curious to see how well these will sell.

scorp99cam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m putting a refundable deposit down on a Himalayan grey 3.3t elite today. Negotiated $1k off msrp. Picking up next weekend. I’m in California and got sick of waiting. Picking up in Scottsdale. I’m so excited to finally be getting this unicorn car

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m putting a refundable deposit down on a Himalayan grey 3.3t elite today. Negotiated $1k off msrp. Picking up next weekend. I’m in California and got sick of waiting. Picking up in Scottsdale. I’m so excited to finally be getting this unicorn car
I also got $1k off MSRP. Totally fine...zero regrets!!

Congrats...you’re gonna love it.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What'd you say to get it?

I just put in a request today, similar refundable deposit, and was quoted straight MSRP.

In fairness, they were willing to give me 2k off a blue one on the lot, but I decided to stick with finding a grey.