Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice work negotiating and congrats on the new car!! You got a solid discount. I had to use circle pricing to get that much, because I suck at negotiating.
I think it just sort of fell into place. I'm not a good negotiator either, I think the key is to just ask, because it can't hurt. If the sales guy or the manager gets upset at a reasonable request then you're better off doing business elsewhere.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Rgr. I’ll be moving every couple of years so I’m interested in contributing to the data about different Genesis service providers.

I keep mentioning Stafford vs Alexandria in various posts because from a building perspective, Stafford seems the nicest in the DC area (if that is important to a customer). Alexandria seems make up for its facilities in good people and good deals.
Facility quality certainly has an impact in public perception, and I imagine overall dealer size has an impact on what they can do and services they can offer.

90% of everything is quality of the folks working there. If the techs are lazy and do poor work it doesn't matter how fancy the building is. I suppose a side question is, if the facilities are nicer, does that imply more money to pay better techs? Does a bigger facility also provide faster turnaround too?

Either way both dealer is a good 45-60 min from me without traffic. Safford is slightly better because it's right off the highway. But it's not like I anticipate taking my car in for three years anyway ;)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Facility quality certainly has an impact in public perception, and I imagine overall dealer size has an impact on what they can do and services they can offer.

90% of everything is quality of the folks working there. If the techs are lazy and do poor work it doesn't matter how fancy the building is. I suppose a side question is, if the facilities are nicer, does that imply more money to pay better techs? Does a bigger facility also provide faster turnaround too?

Either way both dealer is a good 45-60 min from me without traffic. Safford is slightly better because it's right off the highway. But it's not like I anticipate taking my car in for three years anyway ;)
Are you not going to utilize your free pick-up service included in your purchase?

I don't plan on setting foot in a dealer for servicing...ever. They drop a loaner off at my work/home...and take my car.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you not going to utilize your free pick-up service included in your purchase?

I don't plan on setting foot in a dealer for servicing...ever. They drop a loaner off at my work/home...and take my car.
See that last line :p

I imagine after three years I'll drive it in to a Genesis dealer in my area of NoVA.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
See that last line :p

I imagine after three years I'll drive it in to a Genesis dealer in my area of NoVA.
Opps...I keep thinking leasing...since that is what I am doing. So ownership after 3 years tends to slip my mind :)

In-House Bob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Agreed on Stafford vs Alexandria. I want to try Stafford but the service folks at Alexandria seem to do a good job & do their best given the building. Congrats on your new car!
I need to clarify that you are talking about SAFFORD in Springfield, VA rather than STAFFORD. There is a Hyndai dealer in Stafford, VA, part of the Pohanka Group. I think I have all that right :)

steintm12

#SaveTheManuals
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I picked up my 2.0T Sport 6MT this weekend. I managed $1,850 off MSRP before incentives, plus $2,000 lease cash and $500 military ($4,350 total). There were only three 6MTs within a 300 mile radius, so I think that hampered my negotiating power a bit.

I had planned to purchase, but lease and end of term buyout made more sense with the lease cash and low 0.00004 money factor (equates to approx. 0.1% APR).

Last edited:

Springer

Just signed a check for a new 3.3 Sport! Picking it up Saturday! $53,120 list, actually managed to get $4k off! All said and done after taxes and fees was just over 52k. I'm stoked.

On the subject of dealers, the one I ended up purchasing from is a very small Hyundai dealer in VA who's dealership building has been around for a long, long time. Far removed from the fancy clean Hyundai/Genesis dealer I started my search at. Absolutely the opposite of what you expect when you think 'classy luxury dealer.' Apparently they're the first Genesis (or maybe he said Hyundai dealer) in the US, and the owner is BFF with someone at Genesis, so they were able to get in as a dealership without having to build a new facility.
I assume you're referring to Alexandria?
EDIT... nevermind, I kept reading and you already answered the question! :)

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is under invoice lol. I think invoice is like 47 or 48
I don't understand why "dealer invoice" is even a benchmark for pricing. It's not what dealers actually pay the OEM, not remotely the situation. I think the best approach is targeting a percentage off MSRP, because that's what residual values are calculated from.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Actually no, he said the opposite the way I read it. "I think the best approach is targeting a percentage off MSRP, because that's what residual values are calculated from." That would be interpreted as trying to get % off the MSRP because the result is what is used for the lease residual calculations. The residual is calculated using the MSRP.
I think you are reading it wrong. I think the OP meant that both the "calculation of RV" and the "percentage off goal"...are both based off of MSRP.

We'll let the OP chime in on what he meant.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.