Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

steintm12

#SaveTheManuals
IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Correct, i purchased. I didnt have a trade-in, Im going to sell my car myself, once weather gets a little nicer. Will give me something to drive if it snows.
That's great to hear. I'm going to head over there myself and check out their 2.0 6MT (though not my top color choice). I also prefer to purchase, but would consider leasing and immediate buyout in order to get the $2500 lease cash.

What sales person/manager did you work with? Did you happen to check out any other dealers in the area? If so, I'd be curious to hear your experience.

Congratulations!

Paleface

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's great to hear. I'm going to head over there myself and check out their 2.0 6MT (though not my top color choice). I also prefer to purchase, but would consider leasing and immediate buyout in order to get the $2500 lease cash.

What sales person/manager did you work with? Did you happen to check out any other dealers in the area? If so, I'd be curious to hear your experience.

Congratulations!
Thanks, I worked with David Kang. This is the only dealer I looked at because it was the only dealer I could find the color/options i was looking for. The next closest dealer with the same car was like 600 miles away.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been wheeling and dealing, apparently it being the end of the month helps. One dealership offered me 4k of a blue on the lot (which I love looking at, but not sure is for me), and another offer 2.5k off a gray on their lot (which as boring as it is, is more me).

The first dealer is way nicer than the other in terms of facility, which I'm not sure should impact my decision.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been to the same dealer and had good and bad experiences there is no f'ing way the entirety of genesis canada is so good
All 4 dealerships I dealt with were excellent and offered to bring me the car for an extended drive even though I was over 50km from all of them. They never mention Hyundai and present themselves as absolute professionals selling a premium brand.
Even the Concierge in Genesis of Mississauga is dressed in a suit!

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just signed a check for a new 3.3 Sport! Picking it up Saturday! $53,120 list, actually managed to get $4k off! All said and done after taxes and fees was just over 52k. I'm stoked.

On the subject of dealers, the one I ended up purchasing from is a very small Hyundai dealer in VA who's dealership building has been around for a long, long time. Far removed from the fancy clean Hyundai/Genesis dealer I started my search at. Absolutely the opposite of what you expect when you think 'classy luxury dealer.' Apparently they're the first Genesis (or maybe he said Hyundai dealer) in the US, and the owner is BFF with someone at Genesis, so they were able to get in as a dealership without having to build a new facility.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just signed a check for a new 3.3 Sport! Picking it up Saturday! $53,120 list, actually managed to get $4k off! All said and done after taxes and fees was just over 52k. I'm stoked.

On the subject of dealers, the one I ended up purchasing from is a very small Hyundai dealer in VA who's dealership building has been around for a long, long time. Far removed from the fancy clean Hyundai/Genesis dealer I started my search at. Absolutely the opposite of what you expect when you think 'classy luxury dealer.' Apparently they're the first Genesis (or maybe he said Hyundai dealer) in the US, and the owner is BFF with someone at Genesis, so they were able to get in as a dealership without having to build a new facility.
That was a great deal given the current environment.

No dealers have to build a new building, Genesis dropped that requirement from the franchise agreements. They of course would like to have the dealers do it but until the product line expands and the brand accepted, I doubt we will see many stand alone or Genesis only buildings on/near Hyundai lots.

steintm12

#SaveTheManuals
IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Did that $4k off include any incentives (Conquest, Loyalty, Lease cash, Military)?

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Falldog — seems like you’re speaking of the “nice guys” motto dealership here in NOVA. If so, I share your opinion as they aren’t the fancy place but they do aim to please. Will you take your car back there to get the MX done?

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Falldog — seems like you’re speaking of the “nice guys” motto dealership here in NOVA. If so, I share your opinion as they aren’t the fancy place but they do aim to please. Will you take your car back there to get the MX done?
Yeah, sounds like we're on the same page about the place.

As for maintenance, I haven't decided. Frankly, I don't know anything about their service dept. compared to the other Genesis dealers in the area.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If was just a bit odd going from the brand newish facility at Safford that was big open, glass and modern, then going to Alexandria which way too small for the business they were doing. The sales guys were stepping over the service guys, I'm used to being places where there's a clear physical divide between he groups.

The offered to get me an Uber from 45 min away to pickup if I couldn't get a ride. Everyone at Alexandria and Safford were super nice, no pushy selling which is nice.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.