Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That’s an interesting observation, if true. What then would be the point of the certificates?
Dealer’s don’t have to honor certificates. It’s up to them if they do. Easiest is just to call the Sales Manager or the Internet/Fleet Manager and ask if they’ll honor a Circle plan.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It could be that we will start seeing more of the type of discounts that @Samy was able to achieve. For the first time since the G70 has come out the sales have dropped from the previous month. We had seen a steady growth in the G70 sales each month as the dealer network has grown. I would have expected the trend to continue this month especially since Texas got into full swing and California and PA were getting cars but the sales figure dropped. It was only two units from 819 in Feb to 817 in March but given that previous months showed huge gains MoM it can be a sign that the G70 wave is subsiding. Maybe just a blip due to the sales lull industry-wide, we will see.
Given what I see happening in Southern California, I'm beginning to wonder if the G70 is really a "branding" exercise for Genesis rather than a product they intend to sell in larger numbers (in the US anyway).

What evidence do I have for this view? Just anecdotes picked up from reading this forum... dealers I've contacted in the area who say they'll have cars soon, then don't have them... dealers I see who only have a few cars in stock... potential buyers in here who find dealers surprisingly uninterested in keeping in touch with them or letting them do a satisfying test drive.

I think it's possible Genesis USA corporate has decided the real market is for whatever crossover or SUV they come out with next year, and the significant value the G70 has is in publicity for the brand -- winning awards, getting good writeups in car magazines... basically helping Genesis get noticed and taken seriously. It could be that their attitude is that getting the dealer network up and running is something they can't achieve until next year. So the G70 is like a cool concept car at an auto show. Intended to generate oos and ahhs from car fans and the car press, but not something they intend to invest in making a popular product.

r_spec

Getting familiar with the group...
If anyone needs Circle Pricing, send me a PM.
It appears that some of the forum members do not feel comfortable providing me with their information in which I must have in order for me to generate a certificate. This information must match what is shown on the valid form of your state-issued ID as it will be displayed on the certificate.

Please be advised that I CANNOT generate a Plan A Certificate without the necessary information.
If you're not comfortable providing me with your information, I won't be able to help you out.

For those who received certificate from me, would you be able to confirm my credibility?

Also, so many forum members have asked me about how the system works..
Well, here it is.

Hyundai Circle A-Plan Program
Q. Who qualifies for the Hyundai Circle A-Plan program?
A. Approved vendors/business affiliates of HMA, HMMA, and HCA with company ID provided by HMA. Friends and extended family members of HMA, HMMA, and HCA employees are also eligible for A-Plan.
Q. What vehicles are eligible for this program?
A. All new and unused Hyundai vehicles available in dealer stock at participating Hyundai dealers are eligible for this program. Some vehicle restrictions may apply. Please verify vehicle eligibility with the participating dealers.
Q. What is the Hyundai Circle A-Plan program?
A. Qualifying customers are eligible to receive the following discounted price:

• Dealer Invoice + Freight + Advertising Fee
  • Minus 3% of MSRP (not including freight)
  • Minus $250 A-Plan Circle Cash (this amount does not vary by model)
  • Minus applicable HMA incentives at time of purchase
Q. What do I need to bring to the dealership to purchase my vehicle?
A. The Hyundai Circle Customer Certificate (A-Plan Certificate) generated from the Hyundai Circle website must be presented to the dealership when purchasing the vehicle. The certificate must be signed by both the customer and the dealership at the time of purchase.
Q. How will the value of a trade-in affect the price of a new Hyundai?
A. The value of your trade-in will be negotiated between you and the dealer during the purchase transaction and applied toward the purchase of your new Hyundai vehicle.
Q. Is financing or leasing available for vehicles purchased through the A-Plan Program?
A. Yes, financing or leasing is available if customer meets requirements. Please see a participating dealer for more details.
Q. Does the website show how much a vehicle costs under the program?
A. Yes, the website will show current pricing on each vehicle when the Hyundai Circle Customer Certificate is generated. Please note that pricing is subject to change and may vary by model, model year, trim, and drivetrain.
Q. Does the website show current inventory for each dealership?
A. The inventory on the website is updated daily and should reflect current dealer inventory. In the event that the specific vehicle (VIN) on your PIN certificate is not available when you arrive at the dealership, the dealership can work with you to locate a similar vehicle and can issue you a new certificate using your existing PIN number.
Q. Does the vehicle on the Hyundai Circle Certificate need to match the vehicle purchased?
A. Yes, the vehicle on the Hyundai Circle Certificate must match the vehicle purchased. If you decide to purchase a different vehicle at the dealership, the dealership can assist you with generating a new Hyundai Circle Certificate. Please note that the price may be different if a different vehicle is selected.
Q. Do Kia vehicles qualify for the Hyundai Circle discount?
A. No. Kia vehicles do not qualify for Hyundai Circle discount.
If you need further assistance, please contact the Hyundai Circle Department at hyundaicirclehelp@hmausa.com,
or call 1-855-5CIRCLE (1-855-524-7253) Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 5:30pm PST (excluding holidays).

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ I think there are a few different things in play. The dealers and how they act are separate from Genesis since they are independent businesses and unfortunately do not always live up to the standards one would expect.

The inventory levels at dealers can be affected by a few different factors from what a dealer wants to have as well as availability. From what we have been seeing, availability on the whole is not a problems as existing dealers continue to receive shipments on a regular basis. Genesis operates on a points basis so the dealers that sell more are able to request more and and specific models and trims. I don't think you can really draw any valid conclusions from the current inventory in CA since they are still just spinning up. I would think in 6 months to a year you will see a very different situation.

Given that SUVs/CUVs/SAVs are the popular product in the marketplace right now I would hope that Genesis has decided that they are going to aggressively go after that business.

I don't agree that they haven't invested in the G70. Obviously there was a ton of money and effort put into the development of the G70 or else it wouldn't turned out as good as it did and wouldn't be winning the awards it has. They have also invested quite heavily in marketing the G70, not only with the standard advertisements but with the NFL sponsorships. Obviously the G70 has brought value to Genesis beyond sales but I don't see where they are not treating it like a product they want to sell and not investing in it.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I do believe that Genesis is fully vested in the G70 and would love to see a LOT more on the roads. I have heard/read that at least in California, the Genesis dealer codes were rolling out a bit slowly, but getting inventory out of the port was another hold up. But make no mistake that dealers are getting inventory in. The dealer I mentioned before in La Quinta has 17 G70s in stock, and they will take a Circle plan. That’s how I acquired mine.

Give the comparative pricing of the G70 to the BMW (and especially considering the Circle plan discounts r_Spec is providing), the G70 is a great deal on a luxury sports sedan that can do mid 4 second 0-60s.

As to r_Spec’s need for information - I can also confirm that personal information is going to e needed. Once the certificate is generate, it is specific to YOU and you will have a limited time to use it. It is not transferable and must be signed by you and the dealer for the dealer to be reimbursed by Hyundai.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't agree that they haven't invested in the G70. Obviously there was a ton of money and effort put into the development of the G70 or else it wouldn't turned out as good as it did and wouldn't be winning the awards it has. They have also invested quite heavily in marketing the G70, not only with the standard advertisements but with the NFL sponsorships. Obviously the G70 has brought value to Genesis beyond sales but I don't see where they are not treating it like a product they want to sell and not investing in it.
I didn’t say, of course, that Genesis hadn’t invested in the G70.

Today I got an email back from the dealer in Glendale indicating they would only help me buy a G70 from their allotment, and wouldn’t help me search for the G70 I’m looking for at any other dealer.

Last edited:

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Today I got an email back from the dealer in Glendale indicating they would only help me buy a G70 from their alllotment, and wouldn’t help me search for the G70 I’m looking for at any other dealer.
Dealers want you to buy from them, and if using a Circle plan, you have to buy a vehicle in their inventory. But a little sleuthing on the web can help you find your car. Or if you can let folks here know what you’re looking for, we can keep en eye out and let you know what we see is available.

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@r_spec provided me with a circle plan certificate after giving him my personal information.

I flew out of state to buy my G70, and the dealership honored the circle plan pricing to the T (ie everything listed on the certificate). Of course my sale was contingent on them honoring it.

I am now the proud owner of a beautiful 2019 Genesis G70 AWD 3.3 Sport. Honestly, I wouldn't have the car right now if it weren't for r_spec, I would still be waiting.

Thank you, @r_spec !!!

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dealers want you to buy from them, and if using a Circle plan, you have to buy a vehicle in their inventory. But a little sleuthing on the web can help you find your car. Or if you can let folks here know what you’re looking for, we can keep en eye out and let you know what we see is available.
Thanks. Yep, I have kept an eye on cars.com and cargurus.com. Having researched this car for a couple months now I know what I'm looking for... 2.0T, RWD, elite trim, adriatic blue exterior, black interior. There is a listing for a car close to that (everything except the interior color) at a dealer in Laguna Niguel, which is about 1 hour and 15 minutes south of LA with good traffic. I should email that dealer and see if they'll have my exact spec coming in anytime soon...

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How does one send a PM? I can't find that option. Thanks.
You will have to wait until you reach the minimum number of posts, 10 or so, until you can send a PM. Once you cross the threshold then just click on the member's name and choose start conversation.

Attachments

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I suggest you call them, unless you enjoy being disappointed.
Yeah, just to report... I got two emails within a few minutes of sending an inquiry through cars.com from two different salespeople at the dealership. Neither one acknowledged or indicated that another salesperson at the dealership would be sending me an email. Neither one responded to my very specific requests regarding the exact car I am looking for (and I also mentioned in my initial message that I have researched the G70 for several months, have done a test drive, and know what I'm looking for).

As mentioned before, I focused on the Audi A4 for a while when it was unclear when the G70 would be available. Of the 3 dealerships where I did test drives, two stayed in touch with me, and one was very clear about what I was looking for and helping me find it, on their lot or another dealer's lot (that same Audi dealer sends me an email every week or two, asking me where I am in searching for the G70). I'm not complaining. I find this all very interesting. Just mentioning as a data point.

md1801

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, just to report... I got two emails within a few minutes of sending an inquiry through cars.com from two different salespeople at the dealership. Neither one acknowledged or indicated that another salesperson at the dealership would be sending me an email. Neither one responded to my very specific requests regarding the exact car I am looking for (and I also mentioned in my initial message that I have researched the G70 for several months, have done a test drive, and know what I'm looking for).
The CRM systems are out of control. Clicking on the contact forms on car dealer websites anymore seems to be the digital equivalent of smashing one’s face on a brick wall repeatedly. It’s like the only thing those forms capture are your phone number and email and rather than provide any requested information or revealing an ePrice, it’s only a setup to begin automated calling/texting/emailing with irrelevant information.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The CRM systems are out of control. Clicking on the contact forms on car dealer websites anymore seems to be the digital equivalent of smashing one’s face on a brick wall repeatedly. It’s like the only thing those forms capture are your phone number and email and rather than provide any requested information or revealing an ePrice, it’s only a setup to begin automated calling/texting/emailing with irrelevant information.
You have to work the system. I have bought a car using nothing but email. But, took 3 to 5 emails before I was corresponding to what I thought was a person. Each follow up email I explained that the questions they had sent were non-sequitor, and my original questions had not been addressed. I then repeated my original questions.
There are multiple automated emails being sent. Even once I find a live person I still receive automated emails from the "live person." (They are apologetic for them, but it happens.) Takes a bit of persistence, but can eventually get to a person.
I would think the automated emails run off more people than not.

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You have to work the system. I have bought a car using nothing but email. But, took 3 to 5 emails before I was corresponding to what I thought was a person. Each follow up email I explained that the questions they had sent were non-sequitor, and my original questions had not been addressed. I then repeated my original questions.
There are multiple automated emails being sent. Even once I find a live person I still receive automated emails from the "live person." (They are apologetic for them, but it happens.) Takes a bit of persistence, but can eventually get to a person.
I would think the automated emails run off more people than not.
Honestly, that just sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Maybe its just me, but a phone call seems much easier and gets me answers much faster

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.