Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I finally purchased my G70 yesterday. I was originally going for a himalayan gray 3.3t advanced, but a dealer nearby had a certified pre-owned design edition with 500ish miles on it. The advanced was going to be $45k completely OTD and the Design Edition I ended up buying for $45,500 OTD. Was buying, not leasing. Best purchase ever.
Congratulations! I'm a little confused though, the last we heard is that Genesis does not yet have a CPO program, are you sure that is what you got? Could it be that it was a demo car so you got it as new? If not, can you share with us all of the warranty details? I assume you also don't get maintenance, valet, etc., is that the case?

Enjoy, good luck and be safe.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dude...quit arguing. There are CPO 2018 cars out there. Just search.

My dealer even has them (or had). I almost got a G80 Sport CPO about a year ago.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Dude...quit arguing. There are CPO 2018 cars out there. Just search.

My dealer even has them (or had). I almost got a G80 Sport CPO about a year ago.
You better tell Genesis then since they don't know they have one and you are the first person here to say they have one. I'm not arguing about it though. ;)

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The advanced was going to be $45k completely OTD and the Design Edition I ended up buying for $45,500 OTD. Was buying, not leasing. Best purchase ever.
Congratulations! I love all the colors on the G70, and the Himalayan Gray is very handsome. I was going to go with with a G70 Sport in Santiago Silver with the black interior with grey stitching, but fell hard for the Design edition and it’s Black Forest Green paint and Cream interior. Coming from a black interior 328d, I find (for my personal taste) the lighter interior is a lot more cheerful for me to be in. Plus... the Design edition is a limited build of 400 units, so welcome to that exclusive club! (y):)

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ here you go. CT dealer selling 2018 and 2019 CPO cars...

Certified Pre-Owned Genesis in Danbury | Genesis of Danbury

That G70 has about 1,200 miles on it (Prestige AWD)...and it's about $6k under MSRP. Not bad.
Just got off the phone with Sulley at Danbury and those are not CPO cars. He looked up a few stock numbers and said they weren't marked certified and that they were manager and valet cars. He said as far as he knows, Genesis has not instituted the CPO program yet.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ well I called Genesis USA...and they said that dealers are doing CPO cars. Some already doing it...some are taking their time and settling in first.

What has not been done is a national search web page, etc. Was supposed to be done in February but got delayed.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got off the phone with Sulley at Danbury and those are not CPO cars. He looked up a few stock numbers and said they weren't marked certified and that they were manager and valet cars. He said as far as he knows, Genesis has not instituted the CPO program yet.
I just got off the phone with the SM at Danbury and they do have CPO cars.

The ones in the link above are a mishmash of CPO, demos, etc.

One in particular is a 2018 G80 Sport with ~20k miles.

So...we done yet? LOL

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just got off the phone with the SM at Danbury and they do have CPO cars.

The ones in the link above are a mishmash of CPO, demos, etc.

One in particular is a 2018 G80 Sport with ~20k miles.

So...we done yet? LOL
Two weeks ago Genesis USA said there was no CPO program currently, perhaps they just started it. But keep in mind we also have seen members buy "CPO" but it was dealer/third-party backed since Genesis wasn't on-line yet.

Where to buy a used G80?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Some more info, just talked to Natalie at Genesis Customer Care (sent an email yesterday but that hasn't been answered yet). She wasn't aware of the program starting but talked to her manager. According to him the program just came online within the last week or so and many dealers aren't aware that it is active yet.

The CPO warranty will offer the remaining 10/100k powertrain warranty (from original service date) as well as any factory new car warranty that is left on the vehicle. Other perks are roadside assistance and a trial of Siruis/XM.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It wasn't me, but I can verify it was in NC. They have already traded it for a G90. Didn't like the compact size after using it for a few months.
No, it wasn't in NC. They didn't have any dealerships until mid-November. Our best guess that the one G70 in September was Kevin Smith's car which was used in the photo shoots for the advertising.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.