Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Honestly, that just sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Maybe its just me, but a phone call seems much easier and gets me answers much faster
I've done both; there are times when it is not convenient to make a phone call.
Even the sales person I have been working with at Genesis (by email, text and phone calls) -- his email sometimes continues to send me automated emails thru whatever system they have set up.
I will add that although I enjoy speaking with people on the phone, for certain things I prefer text or email so I have a written record.

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
Tried to purchase car today at Genesis of North Shore in NY. They have 30+ G70 in their lot, very surprised. Hate trying to purchase cars. Kept trying to get me to finance. Got annoyed and was like I will purchase the car straight up for 50k cash + fees and i handed over my credit card for deposit. They went from MSRP, to 51000, to 50750, and then to 50250 after an hour. They said are you really going to walk away cause of $250 and I said the reverse applies are you going to lose a customer for a 50k sale over $250 and they said yes, so I walked out. I know it was $250 but man... my Siberian ice....

From this forum it seems like 50k for 3.3 sport is totally do-able

md1801

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tried to purchase car today at Genesis of North Shore in NY. They have 30+ G70 in their lot, very surprised. Hate trying to purchase cars. Kept trying to get me to finance. Got annoyed and was like I will purchase the car straight up for 50k cash + fees and i handed over my credit card for deposit. They went from MSRP, to 51000, to 50750, and then to 50250 after an hour. They said are you really going to walk away cause of $250 and I said the reverse applies are you going to lose a customer for a 50k sale over $250 and they said yes, so I walked out. I know it was $250 but man... my Siberian ice....

Kudos to you for sticking to your guns....perhaps later in the month they'll be more amenable to making reasonable choices.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Last edited:

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don’t be surprised if they call you back. $50K should be very “doable” on a 3.3T Sport (AWD, and especially RWD.)

You should reach out to r_spec for a certificate. You might possibly get one with no haggling for less than the $50K + fees.

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
Don’t be surprised if they call you back. $50K should be very “doable” on a 3.3T Sport (AWD, and especially RWD.)

You should reach out to r_spec for a certificate. You might possibly get one with no haggling for less than the $50K + fees.
For some reason I still cant private message someone, maybe not enough posts

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For some reason I still cant private message someone, maybe not enough posts
Thought it was 10 posts but maybe 15. Hopefully you can contact him as that car should be a little over $48k with the Circle pricing.

Attachments

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Damn... thanks for the heads up. Anyone know any other way to contact him or if you are reading this post r_spec let me know thanks
You could also try finding a post and replying to it--think he/she posts fairly regularly.

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I agree with those above who said you did the right thing. That dealership was stupid to let you go over that price, and I bet they'll be calling you.

And r_spec is a good guy. He was able to get me a circle plan certificate. Though, some people are already starting to get discounts that are just as good as the circle plan discount with just negotiating.

Since I am the worst at negotiating the circle plan was really my only hope for ANY discount. Haha.

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
I agree with those above who said you did the right thing. That dealership was stupid to let you go over that price, and I bet they'll be calling you.

And r_spec is a good guy. He was able to get me a circle plan certificate. Though, some people are already starting to get discounts that are just as good as the circle plan discount with just negotiating.

Since I am the worst at negotiating the circle plan was really my only hope for ANY discount. Haha.
They called me back like 1 hour after, but I didnt pick up... They left a voicemail. R_spec just got in contact with me, lets see if the dealer will honor the discount or not.. Crosses fingers... Thanks R_spec once again.

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They called me back like 1 hour after, but I didnt pick up... They left a voicemail. R_spec just got in contact with me, lets see if the dealer will honor the discount or not.. Crosses fingers... Thanks R_spec once again.
R_spec is the man!

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You guys who don't have 10 posts can surf the different topics on the forums and see how you can contribute information or opinions on topics. It should be pretty simple to get 10.

Michael Skarn

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I finally purchased my G70 yesterday. I was originally going for a himalayan gray 3.3t advanced, but a dealer nearby had a certified pre-owned design edition with 500ish miles on it. The advanced was going to be $45k completely OTD and the Design Edition I ended up buying for $45,500 OTD. Was buying, not leasing. Best purchase ever.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.