Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

FLnak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Officially in the Genesis club!

G70 3.3T Prestige with Elite Package - Black with grey/black interior.

Some may have seen my posts in the lease discussion thread throughout the negotiation process, but to make a long story short, I set out to purchase a 3 series at $3k down and $450/month. After having negotiated that with BMW, I went and drove the G70 and knew immediately it was the car.

Shortly after, I discovered the low residuals and was having a hard time having anyone get close to my goal. The lowest I had been offered on the $41,120 MSRP was zero down at $569/month, which is $486/month.

Soon after I discovered this site, I was informed of the Circle A programand thought surely that would get me to my goal. The plan was to hold off until the certificate was obtained, however the dealership kept wanting to get a deal done. I didn't want to say anything but I then mentioned that I would be obtaining a certificate and would come back at that time. They asked that I come in anyhow.

After I came in today, they first said they couldn't honor that with a lease. I told them they could, and would expect them to honor the lease cash and conquest as well. After about an hour of back and forth, I mentioned I had to leave to go to work which was down the street. Before that, the manager asked me what it would take to get it done today, and I simply said $3k down, $450/month. Also said I'm willing to wait on the certificate. He then says, if I get it done without, do we have a deal. I say yes we do. He then says if I get the certificate, we can then look at it and if it warrants a better deal, we can adjust.

Being appreciate of their willingness to basically honor what I had asked for without it, I said I wouldn't come back with it. I leave and head to the office for a bit, then they sent the updated numbers. We had a deal:

MSRP - $49,120
Discount $4,340 (Circle A discount was $3,995)
Lease Cash $2,500
Conquest - $1,000
Adjusted Price $41,279
Are you planning on buying out the lease soon?

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Has anyone been known to get both a negotiated discount AND use Circle A + incentives? Seems like I’ve seen one or the other, but not both. Wasn’t sure if the dealer eats the Circle A in the same way they would a discount.
One of the guys in the Lease thread of page 34, Ruach, got 559/mo with only paying the first payment on 3.3T AWD Sport.

They got dealer discount, Circle A, and HMA incentives.

To get that figure they would've taken about $2150 off in addition to the circle price, or about 4.1% of the MSRP subtracted from the circle price.

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
One of the guys in the Lease thread of page 34, Ruach, got 559/mo with only paying the first payment on 3.3T AWD Sport.

They got dealer discount, Circle A, and HMA incentives.

To get that figure they would've taken about $2150 off in addition to the circle price, or about 4.1% of the MSRP subtracted from the circle price.
Thanks, missed that reading through that thread earlier. That’s the best I’ve seen posted here.

FornicatorSteve

Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
Thanks, missed that reading through that thread earlier. That’s the best I’ve seen posted here.
Factoring that discount to the RWD as a % of MSRP you'd be looking at about 2025 off.

Combined with A discount, you'd be at $44,525 pre-incentives.

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m $553 on $53,015 msrp awd sport but no Sales tax in Oregon. Nothing down but 553$. :)
You planning on buying yours out @nellie1289? If you stated this earlier, apologies for missing it.

I wish they had the same cash back on a straight purchase, as I’d rather not mess with leasing/buyout. But understand they’re trying to rope us into being 2x buyers!

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You planning on buying yours out @nellie1289? If you stated this earlier, apologies for missing it.

I wish they had the same cash back on a straight purchase, as I’d rather not mess with leasing/buyout. But understand they’re trying to rope us into being 2x buyers!
Not buying mine out but if I was I would wait til end of lease and do it then. The reason you would do this : 1) get $3-4000 more in lease cash up front. 2) take advantage of lower rate for 3 years than buying(most here are .25% to 1 % on lease vs 1.9% on purchase for first three years 3) insulated from a big market decline in first three years on the car itself and 3b) If this occurs purchase of at end of three years cheaper than your actual residual this possibly saving even more money. I am literally looking at my 2016 genesis ultimate at the dealer where I turned it in asking 3k below what my turn in residual was. I have also purchased cars out of leases at the end by making the manufacturer holding the lease an offer at below residual when the car didn’t hold its value. You can always buy it out of the lease in ten mins anytime you want during the lease and still be up by the 3-4K lease cash minus the buyout fee of $300 and up front $750 acquisition fee such that you are up 2-3k minimum depending on how much your lease cash was.

For these reasons you would be a fool to purchase the g70 up front right now instead of leasing it at these current offers.

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not buying mine out but if I was I would wait til end of lease and do it then. The reason you would do this : 1) get $3-4000 more in lease cash up front. 2) take advantage of lower rate for 3 years than buying(most here are .25% to 1 % on lease vs 1.9% on purchase for first three years 3) insulated from a big market decline in first three years on the car itself and 3b) If this occurs purchase of at end of three years cheaper than your actual residual this possibly saving even more money. I am literally looking at my 2016 genesis ultimate at the dealer where I turned it in asking 3k below what my turn in residual was. I have also purchased cars out of leases at the end by making the manufacturer holding the lease an offer at below residual when the car didn’t hold its value. You can always buy it out of the lease in ten mins anytime you want during the lease and still be up by the 3-4K lease cash minus the buyout fee of $300 and up front $750 acquisition fee such that you are up 2-3k minimum depending on how much your lease cash was.

For these reasons you would be a fool to purchase the g70 up front right now instead of leasing it at these current offers.
Yep, makes total sense. Only thing is the residuals seem pretty low in these lease deals, at least compared to the European cars. Think that’s effectively just a hidden incentive on the Euro brands to inflate their sales price but keep leases lower, or will the Genesis just not hold its value comparatively?

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep, makes total sense. Only thing is the residuals seem pretty low in these lease deals, at least compared to the European cars. Think that’s effectively just a hidden incentive on the Euro brands to inflate their sales price but keep leases lower, or will the Genesis just not hold its value comparatively?
It’s not a genesis thing in my opinion. Every new model the manufacturer gets very conservative on when introduced because they really have no idea how much it’s going to be worth in three years and they don’t want to be flooded with returns. Honda knows what a civic will be worth in three years. Audi knows how much an a4 will be worth. And bmw a 3 series. That’s because they have been selling them for years. I ask you this question. Would you rather have a 57% residual on a 50k msrp car with very little discount off msrp or a 51% residual on a 50k genesis with a very large discount off msrp. If you are getting 8k off msrp on a g70 vs say 2k off the Beamer or Audi you are still way up at the end of 3 years on a cash flow basis. 6% on 50k is $3,000. Not to mention the interest savings on the lower priced g70 and free maintenance vs outrageous maintenance on the bmw and audi. I think we would all agree here the g70 is the highest quality product you can buy.

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It’s not a genesis thing in my opinion. Every new model the manufacturer gets very conservative on when introduced because they really have no idea how much it’s going to be worth in three years and they don’t want to be flooded with returns. Honda knows what a civic will be worth in three years. Audi knows how much an a4 will be worth. And bmw a 3 series. That’s because they have been selling them for years. I ask you this question. Would you rather have a 57% residual on a 50k msrp car with very little discount off msrp or a 51% residual on a 50k genesis with a very large discount off msrp. If you are getting 8k off msrp on a g70 vs say 2k off the Beamer or Audi you are still way up at the end of 3 years on a cash flow basis. 6% on 50k is $3,000. Not to mention the interest savings on the lower priced g70 and free maintenance vs outrageous maintenance on the bmw and audi. I think we would all agree here the g70 is the highest quality product you can buy.
You make some very good points my friend!

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
“Your ideas are intriguing. May I subscribe to your newsletter?”
- Homer J. Simpson

But seriously, very good points!

Bill_7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In the process of looking for a new car, strongly considering the G70. This and related threads have been super helpful in addition to the info about circle pricing. Any guesses on when the 2020 model will be released and when we would expect that to start impacting pricing more?

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In the process of looking for a new car, strongly considering the G70. This and related threads have been super helpful in addition to the info about circle pricing. Any guesses on when the 2020 model will be released and when we would expect that to start impacting pricing more?
My salesman said October - November, but he wasn’t certain.

DefinitelyMaybe

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Bill_7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Was this a purchase not a lease? You can also stack lease cash on top of circle a pricing, correct?
Ok finally got my G70 about a week ago. Here are the details.

3.3T RWD Sport in Casablanca White.
MSRP $50,645
Circle A got it down to $46,530.
Conquest rebate was another $1,000 off, making it $45,530.
Add CA sales tax, registration, etc for an out the door price of $49,857.

This was at Genesis of South Bay in Torrance, CA. The day I went, they had just received this model, still with the wraps on, only 13 miles on the odo, hadn’t even been test driven (at least not there). I had been looking for a Siberian Ice but got tired of waiting. I have to say I don’t regret getting CW at all. The metallic looks sharp!

With Circle A in hand, I didn’t have any problems at all with this dealership. No hard sell, no BS.

Thanks again r_spec! Since I’ve gotten so much help and information from this forum, I’ve decided to become a supporting member. Now that I actually have a car, hopefully I can provide some useful information.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you are leasing instead of financing, the least cash applies in addition to Circle A.

If you're financing, the conquest/loyalty incentives and the 1.9% APR apply as well.
Conquest/Loyalty applies to leases as well. Basically people who finance get the raw end of the deal since there's no real incentive for them to finance unless you consider the interest rate particularly attractive

FornicatorSteve

Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
Conquest/Loyalty applies to leases as well. Basically people who finance get the raw end of the deal since there's no real incentive for them to finance unless you consider the interest rate particularly attractive
Oop my post seemed to imply it didn't apply to leases.

All HMA incentives apply to a circle A deal.

Conquest/Loyalty to both.

The low money factor is an incentive of the lease, as well as lease cash.

The 1.9% APR is the only special part of financing.

Some folks have calculated out that it's far more advantageous to lease and buy out immediately instead of financing if you want a free and clear title.

However, with how low the interest is on the lease through the money factor, seeing it to term and investing cash into anything with more than a .144% interest rate for those 3 years will net you even better.

WWIAFTM

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Perhaps this is obvious to others, but would it be reasonable to assume the circle pricing goes on top of a dealer discount that a particular dealer might be offering? Like some in my area are offering ~$1500 off MSRP. Would they couple that with the circle pricing scheme, or would they balk at that?