• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Perhaps this is obvious to others, but would it be reasonable to assume the circle pricing goes on top of a dealer discount that a particular dealer might be offering? Like some in my area are offering ~$1500 off MSRP. Would they couple that with the circle pricing scheme, or would they balk at that?
Not explicitly stated, but likely something you can haggle with them about

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Perhaps this is obvious to others, but would it be reasonable to assume the circle pricing goes on top of a dealer discount that a particular dealer might be offering? Like some in my area are offering ~$1500 off MSRP. Would they couple that with the circle pricing scheme, or would they balk at that?
Seems like every dealership does it differently, just have to negotiate with each and see what they’re willing to extend as an offer.

Bill_7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Super helpful summary, thank you both

Oop my post seemed to imply it didn't apply to leases.

All HMA incentives apply to a circle A deal.

Conquest/Loyalty to both.

The low money factor is an incentive of the lease, as well as lease cash.

The 1.9% APR is the only special part of financing.

Some folks have calculated out that it's far more advantageous to lease and buy out immediately instead of financing if you want a free and clear title.

However, with how low the interest is on the lease through the money factor, seeing it to term and investing cash into anything with more than a .144% interest rate for those 3 years will net you even better.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
They may tell you that it isn't possible. It is, a few members have gotten deals like that.

But some also say you can't combine the HMA incentives with it either. Every dealer I have been to has said no initially or tried to lead me to believe something else.

Just do your research and help back it up.

I called Genesis of Jersey City, where Ruach got his 559/mo on an AWD 3.3T Sport and they confirmed the deal AND that they could use A price and negotiate.

They even went so far as to say they made the $250 certificate and about $170 on the car on the deal, so super slim margins.

I contacted circle A and they confirmed a dealer could combine their discount as well, if they wanted to. 21447

It's been a pain to get it.
At this point the best I have negotiated has been 515/mo including tax and a 515 drive away on a 3.3T RWD Sport.

It's not quite as good as Ruach's percentage off MSRP wise (I'd be looking at 504/mo to match that deal), but it's good so far.

I really want the 4-button panel and red stitching, but I forgot to mention the 4-button panel to them and they claimed I am just wasting their time.

If I'm buying a 50k car I want it how I want it. I even told them I could wrap the car a different color, but the panel and stitching were important.

I'm going to see if I can beat the deal and go somewhere that has what I want and that's less judgemental about what's important.

Wahday

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They won't do it. circle discount is the best they will offer minus any manufacturer incentives. They will try to get you on the trade, so I went to car max, got an offer and the dealer I bought from matched the car max offer.

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone know what the July incentives will be? Looks like they reset as of yesterday.
Typically they are posted within a few days after the previous offer ends. Guessing that the June offer was extended through July 8th so they could sell more cars during the July 4th weekend promos under the 'old' (June) incentives before bringing out the big guns for July! With the end of the model year looming, the lease cash should get better for July and August as a way to clear 2019 inventory.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is my reply from HMA regarding application of Circle to purchase price offer from dealer that was LESS than MSRP-3%. In other words the Circle price and offer stand as stated on the certificate. Other numbers make offer moot. My dealer offered discount more than MSRP-3% so I took that along with other incentives. Circle not applicable in my case. R_Espect to r_spec for help and responses as I was in salesman station yesterday. He tried

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Circle,

Buyer can get any incentive in addition to Circle A Plan price
As long as buyer is eligible.

However, you cannot get Circle discount on top of deal with dealer.

Please refer attached FAQ.

What is the Hyundai Circle A-Plan program?
Qualifying customers are eligible to receive the following discounted price:
Dealer Invoice + Freight + Advertising Fee
Minus 3% of MSRP (not including freight)
Minus $250 A-Plan Circle Cash (this amount does not vary by model)
Minus applicable HMA incentives at time of purchase

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is my reply from HMA regarding application of Circle to purchase price offer from dealer that was LESS than MSRP-3%. In other words the Circle price and offer stand as stated on the certificate. Other numbers make offer moot. My dealer offered discount more than MSRP-3% so I took that along with other incentives. Circle not applicable in my case. R_Espect to r_spec for help and responses as I was in salesman station yesterday. He tried

This would seem inconsistent with @Ruach’s deal.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

This would seem inconsistent with @Ruach’s deal.
Rules are meant to be broken, right? I'd assume that dealers can do whatever they want, but that is the official word from HMA to avoid people trying to haggle for steeper discounts. At the end of the day, it's the dealer's finance/accounting department that handles the books for their store. If they feel like taking a bath and selling all cars for $1, that's their own problem.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

This is what they told me when posing the question.

I also called to confirm with Genesis of Jersey City where Ruach got his deal. They were quite transparent and professional.

They said that a dealer could further go down from the circle price, at their discretion. No violation of policy if they refused, but they indeed can.

It may be mincing of words to how Circle answers their questions, as it is possible that the dealer may offer discounts via the same cash pool from HMA. But if a dealer wishes to use their "own" funds (straight up discount, dealer cash from meeting numbers goals, etc.) they may do so.

Whether it is generally accepted/advertised policy or not, it can be done.

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone know what the July incentives will be? Looks like they reset as of yesterday.
July incentives were just posted on the Autobytel site:
2019 Genesis G70 Incentives and Rebates | Autobytel.com

Here are some changes:
lease cash increased from $2500 to $3000 for 3.3T RWD
lease cash increased from $3000 to $3500 for 3.3T AWD
lease cash increased from $4000 to $4250 for 2.0T

These expire on 7/31/19.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
r_spec referred me to the FAQ at the Circle website which had wording to the effect that circle pricing is primary, then incentives. The email response I post above is more specific as it is the reply to my question about my situation. My dealer admitted that circle certificates are (nearly) unknown there. As someone said above it is up to the dealer to make whatever deal he thinks is necessary and honor or reject options for purchase. With lease cash, conquest and dealer discount I was 18% below MSRP so I signed.

HeartGod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m new to the forum. Considering the G80- perhaps ultimate with RWD- i’m not really in a rush to buy, so I am still looking at all options. The question I had was with the circle pricing. I thought I saw somewhere that people were getting 3% off the dealer invoice price, but elsewhere I saw that it was about 3% off sticker price. Which one is correct?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums