• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

mandwer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Completed my deal yesterday on a 2019 3.3 Elite AWD in Siberian Ice and picked it up this morning. Leased for $469/month, $0 down, including 7% tax. The end deal worked out to be Circle A price (thanks r_spec), with $9000 in incentives ($5000 lease, $1000 year end, $1000 competitive and $2000 flex cash), with a slightly marked up MF (0.00054, so they marked up from 0.3% to 1.3%). The marked up MF was ok with me since the extra $2000 flex cash came out of nowhere (not an advertised inventive) and I ended up with a better deal than expected. Finance office was easy with no extras pushed.

For anyone on the fence, it looks like end of year deals can be had...

Enigma36

Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice color and they left off the front plate...bonus. Mine is off too and have no plans to install it. We gamble some being in Texas but I’ve had little trouble on front plates and have not used them for years. Enjoy your G70. Let us know about G70 sightings in your area. I’m in Arlington area and have seen only one G70 in the last 5 months or so.
Hi fellow Texan! I never put my front plate. Only time I’ve been stopped is when I drive to El Paso. But I would zip tie the plate to the front grill for that trip then remove it when I’m back home.

I’ve only seen one parked close to my house about a month ago but only saw it that once. Was a 2.0T.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You guys are getting some good deals on 2019s. Flex cash? Cool. Dealers are wanting to move inventory which is about time. Those who post their dealers are still being stingy on pricing, they need to wake up. No regrets getting a 2020 and happy with my $7700 off sticker price. $10K+ off sticker on 2019s, excellent deal for a car like the G70.

sting70r

Registered Member
Thoughts on differences between you new G70 vs your old Stinger so far? When I test drove the Stinger, while the power between the two was very very similar, I felt the G70 was a little more responsive and lively feeling (both were AWD) in terms of handling, also the steering had a tiny bit more feedback to it. On top of this, I really do appreciate the rear LSD in AWD configs (along with a real drift mode). Even so, I still liked the Stinger a lot, especially the rear cabin and trunk/hatch space.
I haven't driven the Stinger in a while, but the G70 is identical to what I remember from my Stinger, as far as driving characteristics. The Stinger was RWD as the G70 and AWD are rare in this area. Mechanical LSD (from the same company that made it for the GTR) was available as an option on the GT1 and stock on GT2 (iirc). These were rare finds though, at-least back in early 2018 and came at significant price premium. Tech seems identical, although G70 is offering stuff like 360 camera + wireless charging which was only available in Canada-spec Stingers previously.

I was able to fit my stinger all-weather floormats perfectly in the G70, surprisingly, so there's a lot of shared parts/components,.
G70 has noticeably less space in the rear cabin. Trunk is also smaller. The design for the Stinger is bit more 'eye-catching' and bolder, but the overall luxury elements, value and ambiance offered by the G70 wins.

The brand perception associated with KIA is (was) also hard to shake w/ the Stinger and the standalone Genesis branding helps address one of the major gaps. Car enthusiasts primarily seeking performance on a budget , go with the Stinger. G70 allows people to get performance, while investing in a differentiated luxury brand too.

Last edited:

3mattya

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread's a little dead for the start of 2020 so I have question.

I'm in the beginning phases of cross shopping the 2019 G70 2.0 Sport across multiple dealers in SoCal. As it stands now, I have 3 dealers all agreeing upon a 47k OTD price (yay CA taxes). I'm trying to push for 45k but it looks like that might only be possible with Circle A for now.

I don't qualify for any rebates (military, conquest, loyalty) nor am I going to lease (no lease cash), so finance it is.

Can anyone tell me what that trim would look like price wise from Circle A to see if it's worth waiting getting my post count up?

Thanks in advance :)

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

3mattya

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This was as close as I could find in my area. Sport plus dynamic. $42225 with circle A.
Thanks for pulling the Circle A quote @pulsar!

I’m looking at pretty much the same packages, besides the color. $42,225 out the door looks like $46k ish out the door anyway which is closer to the $47k I negotiated than I would have thought.

3mattya

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Circle A price would be around $42.3k. You really should consider leasing so you can get the lease cash. Then either buy it out right away or wait until lease end, you will be way ahead considering the lease cash.

View attachment 26253

@TurtleBoy Thanks for looking up the Circle A quote! I guess I am wary of leasing because it's not something I've researched something in depth. Digging through this thread it seems to be the primary option to stack as much discount as possible.

I went on the Genesis offers website and it says the lease applies to the 2020 G70 2.0 base cars, but I assume it can also apply for the 2019's + higher packages/trims?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

3mattya

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes, all models/trims can be leased. That blurb on the web site is just something to try and get people in. I think the lease cash is around $6,000 but it is best to check on Edmunds. You can give them what you are looking for and your zip code and they will provide the MF, RV, lease cash and any other incentives available.

2019 Genesis G70 Lease Deals and Prices - Page 31
All good things to know. Thanks for the Edmunds link, I guess I know what I am doing tonight o_O.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I leased so I could get the lease cash but set up for a balloon payment in 30 days and bought outright. Dealer will need to set this method up specifically for you. Saved me some re-title fees, no acquisition fee, and no worry about how taxes would be calculated and end of lease. Basically the best of both worlds IMO. I paid around $80 in finance charges or so for the one month. Method is not for everyone though. Just an option if you plan on buying anyway.

reefdevil

Hi Everyone -

I'm in the market for a 2019 G70 Prestige, and I started poking through this thread trying to get some info. None of the dealers in my area are dropping prices and I am having a hard time finding leverage to get a deal that is around 10% off MSRP. Doesn't help that the 2019 supply is getting thin either. I'm not looking to lease, but rather buy. 0% for 60 mo. is what initially had me looking at the 2019 model year.

From what I have read so far, it seems like providing the dealer with the Circle A pin is the best place to start and rspec seems to be the go to man. Mr. r_spec...if you are still out there... I hope you still give out lifelines! :cry: (Can't yet DM)

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

reefdevil

Given the available lease cash and the low MF it usually is less expensive to lease and then purchase. You just need to run the numbers and see which way you would be better off.
Thanks, I found that tool on here and I am running through it now. I was just surprised to hear that you save more going the lease route. I was always under the impression (at least from prior experience with other dealers) you'd get shafted if you decide to purchase at lease end.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?