• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How did you get around that? I thought that was due at the time of sale
Not sure how my dealer worked it, but they knew I would buy out the lease in 30 days via balloon payment. Only went with the lease to get the extra lease cash. They appeared to set me up on a normal 36 month lease with residual and payment schedule, only none of the normal lease crap fees. I paid up front for my taxes and doc fees and the lease price we negotiated was all I paid after 30 days plus about $80 for one month interest. I went thru every number to be sure nothing was snuck in and nothing was.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure how my dealer worked it, but they knew I would buy out the lease in 30 days via balloon payment. Only went with the lease to get the extra lease cash. They appeared to set me up on a normal 36 month lease with residual and payment schedule, only none of the normal lease crap fees. I paid up front for my taxes and doc fees and the lease price we negotiated was all I paid after 30 days plus about $80 for one month interest. I went thru every number to be sure nothing was snuck in and nothing was.
Give em a shout out! That's the kind of straightforward dealing all dealerships should engage in and I'm sure others near DFW who come across this will want to know

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Give em a shout out! That's the kind of straightforward dealing all dealerships should engage in and I'm sure others near DFW who come across this will want to know
Genesis of Dallas. Garrett was my sales person. They took down what I wanted for a 2020 3.3 sport and they got exactly that as their allocation started coming in. Never required so much a deposit from me. Circle A made pricing easy so no complaints from me.

fluxin

Hey Everyone!
I'm looking at buying a 3.3 G70 in TX since I've been playing around with OpenPilot. Looks like the lease incentives on 2019 along with Circle A Pricing is the way to go. Outside of Genesis of Dallas has anyone else had experience in TX? Thanks a ton in advance. Super excited to get OP ported to G70's

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey Everyone!
I'm looking at buying a 3.3 G70 in TX since I've been playing around with OpenPilot. Looks like the lease incentives on 2019 along with Circle A Pricing is the way to go. Outside of Genesis of Dallas has anyone else had experience in TX? Thanks a ton in advance. Super excited to get OP ported to G70's
Depending on what you want for a 2019 such as Sport or not, selection was limited back in January. You can probably negotiate a better than Circle A price if the dealer wants to move a 2019 car.

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello all!

Looking to purchase (all cash payment) a G70 3.3T Sport in Himalayan Gray here in the Los Angeles area. Was wondering how the experience was for others who have dealt with the Genesis dealerships in the SoCal area, as South Bay, Glendale, HB, West Lake and Irvine are all within easy driving distance from me. Also first post so I guess I need several more to PM r_spec for a Circle A pin. :)

Cheers.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You should really consider leasing to get the lease cash and then buy it either early or at the lease end. Run the numbers but you should be well ahead of the game doing it that way.
Thanks for the advice TurtleBoy! I went to Genesis of South Bay over the weekend to test drive one and also run some initial numbers. Leasing and then buying at the end of the lease was about $4K less than if I financed the vehicle for 60 months at 2.9% with ~$40K down ($54K compared to $58K). Purchasing the vehicle outright without having to finance anything was the cheapest at about $3K less than lease to own. Granted, this was very rough math as there were no negotiations as I had no intention to buy that day. If I recall correctly, we were using the $51K MSRP as the starting point.

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got this in the mail

EXCLUSIVE OFFER
INTRODUCING THE G70 EMPLOYEE DEAL PROGRAM

You have been selected by Genesis of Westlake Village to take part in our exclusive Employee Deal Program for all remaining G70's in our inventory. Offer too good to advertise, contact sales manager for more details!
Thanks MCC! I will definitely contact West Lake. Out of curiosity, I'm assuming you've dealt with that dealership before? How was your experience?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those numbers don't seem to be correct given that the lease cash is $3,500 and the cost to lease would be around a $1k between the acquisition fee and the purchase fee. Given the low MF, it would be about $2.5k less expensive to lease and then buy versus paying cash. The selling price of the vehicle will be the same whether you lease, finance or pay cash so the extra $3,500 in lease cash is the advantage.
I think he misunderstood and assumed he would hold the lease til expiration rather than buying out of it 1 month after signing.

@leechri3 , Glendale has told me they accept Circle-A and I believe Irvine does too. South Bay said no, but I think it was because I was one of the first handful of buyers in California. @ryan_g Has vouched for Huntington Beach's service and my experiences with them were pretty good too when I was shopping, so maybe stop by there if they have stock left.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Holding it until it expires may actually be the least expensive way to do it. You take a 15k/yr lease to get a low residual since what your cash is earning should easily outperform what the low MF is.
Assuming they take advantage of the financial avenues available to them, that's absolutely true. High-interest savings accounts will give you in excess of 1% virtually risk free

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Appreciate the help guys. The sales rep did highly recommend I lease the vehicle with the option of purchasing rather than purchasing the car from the get go because of the reason @TurtleBoy mentioned above, mainly having the liquidity and option to invest the cash. I'm targeting mid-April to pull the trigger, which should give me enough time to scour the G70 forum for as much info as possible.

One other question regarding Circle-A, if I'm understanding correctly, using this pretty much eliminates the need to nego at the dealership? Although I might be able to nego a lower price than Circle-A, if I choose to use Circle-A, I pretty much know what I'll be having to pay?

Cheers.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Appreciate the help guys. The sales rep did highly recommend I lease the vehicle with the option of purchasing rather than purchasing the car from the get go because of the reason @TurtleBoy mentioned above, mainly having the liquidity and option to invest the cash. I'm targeting mid-April to pull the trigger, which should give me enough time to scour the G70 forum for as much info as possible.

One other question regarding Circle-A, if I'm understanding correctly, using this pretty much eliminates the need to nego at the dealership? Although I might be able to nego a lower price than Circle-A, if I choose to use Circle-A, I pretty much know what I'll be having to pay?

Cheers.
Correct. They may still try to nickel and dime you ("lo-jack," coatings, extra warranty, etc), but you should be able to refuse that. Seems like walking away from the finance desk has been a necessity in every car purchase for my family because of those stupid attempts to make a few more bucks. Inevitably they call back the next day saying we'll do the deal you want

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums