Proximity Card Key?

JankenPo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have one for sale if anyone is interested. Traded my car in but didn't give them the key. $50 + shipping. PM for details and pics.

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I had my card programmed by Glassman Genesis of Southfield Michigan. They charged $70.00 for the program and$35.00 to cut the key. I'm going to see if I can have the key cut cheaper. It works like the fob for the auto trunk. While it is a little thicker than I thought, I don't have any money so it's not a bulk problem.. LoL
Hyundaipartsonline show both discontinued.

View attachment 37567
Bought 2021 G80 discovered on Genesis site I was to receive a card key. Spent months trying to get Genesis support send to me. Email after Email, phone calls for 4mos. "It's in the mail" "I wasn't on a list" etc. Lie, after lie! Never got card. Of course dealerships strategy "once drive off lot we don't care"

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
dumb dealer.

they don't have the cutter for the key, it is a special template and very expensive (like $4,500) so they likely don't have it nor will ever buy it because it is not a common request, yes it is different than the normal fob key template. all they need to do is order the key precut from Genesis.

I had the dealer try and cut mine, they f**ked it up twice, it would not work in the glovebox or door, only the trunk. finally the parts manager called into Genesis and they told him that they sold them pre-cut, I just had to provide the bill of sale as proof of ownership, the key serial is tied to the VIN. 3 days later I had the proper key, it was $45, but so was the cut and since the dealer messed up the cut twice they "gifted" the pre-cut to me.

make sure they destroy the ones they cut if they don't give them to you, I made sure to watch him break them in half.
Bought 2021 G80. Spent months trying get card I was supposed to get with purchase. For 4mos emails, phone calls. All I got was "its in mail" "your not on a list" lie after lie from Genesis support. Called dealership and as usual strategy "drive off dealership lot we don't care!"

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners