PSA: Genesis Connected Services is live in Canada

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #21
Something else I just noticed, on the app it shows I need maintenance in 11,522km which would be a 12K service interval. It should be 10K and I assumed the dealer just set up the reminder incorrectly in the car, but I looked and the car shows 10K interval on the IP so not sure why the app would be different or how to change that.

Something for GenesisYEG to look into. (y)
Thanks for the heads up! I let Corporate know so we can find a solution.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
Just used the app for the first time yesterday and love it !! Lol it was about 26c degrees yesterday so quite warm so i did a remote start and set my temperateure to 18c and by the time i got to my car (5mins) it was nice and chill, i will for sure be using this feature quite a bit during summer

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just used the app for the first time yesterday and love it !! Lol it was about 26c degrees yesterday so quite warm so i did a remote start and set my temperateure to 18c and by the time i got to my car (5mins) it was nice and chill, i will for sure be using this feature quite a bit during summer
I used my as well yesterday due to the heat. :)

I still find the app rather slow and wish the key fob also had a button to start but it definitely good for the unlimited range and confirmation. I just hope they add features like a/c or heat for the seats as that really should be an option.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I used my as well yesterday due to the heat. :)

I still find the app rather slow and wish the key fob also had a button to start but it definitely good for the unlimited range and confirmation. I just hope they add features like a/c or heat for the seats as that really should be an option.
I agree but I don’t believe setting the seat temperation is not an option anywhere for any of their models, G80 or G90, even if you live in the desert where it often gets over 100F. It would be nice but I don’t expect they ever will add it.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree but I don’t believe setting the seat temperation is not an option anywhere for any of their models, G80 or G90, even if you live in the desert where it often gets over 100F. It would be nice but I don’t expect they ever will add it.
Since Ford can do it with Sync, I just can't see why Genesis couldn't do it as well. Another good feature Ford has is you can schedule your car to start at certain times (ie so it warms up 5 min before you leave work). That is another feature I would like to see, but the seat heaters is the big one.

Even in my Jeep, if I start the car and it is below freezing it puts the seat heaters on automatically, and if you start it and it is above a certain temp it turns on the ventilated seats. It just seems like a major oversight imo.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Since Ford can do it with Sync, I just can't see why Genesis couldn't do it as well. Another good feature Ford has is you can schedule your car to start at certain times (ie so it warms up 5 min before you leave work). That is another feature I would like to see, but the seat heaters is the big one.
To me scheduling a car to start remotely seems like a receipt for disaster. Oversleep and you could wake up to a house flooded with carbon monoxide, or not wake up at all. Seems to a serious problem for some with keyless cars.

Deadly Convenience: Keyless Cars and Their Carbon Monoxide Toll

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To me scheduling a car to start remotely seems like a receipt for disaster. Oversleep and you could wake up to a house flooded with carbon monoxide, or not wake up at all. Seems to a serious problem for some with keyless cars.

I don't imagine anyone would ever start their car while in a garage... This is a feature useful for people that are parked outside.

I was referring to after work, as in you work until 5pm every day and you set it to start at 4:55 to run for 10-15min and when you get out it is warm. We have a number of people with Ford trucks here at work that do that in the winter. Or when we have had days with highs around -30 I know one guy here that was setting it to run at noon for 15 min since he was unable to plug in. He also would set it like that overnight on really cold nights where he couldn't plug in.

Either way I personally wouldn't really care about that feature, but I can see its usefulness. I just think Ford's app is a little more thought out. And like I said it is something I hope Genesis updates over time.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT

May work for people on a rigid schedule but not for me. It really is not difficult to think five minutes ahead most of the time.
There really is no excuse for the deaths with available equipment. I can see how a car can be left running, but CO detectors are cheap enough to have one in the garage and one in the house. Even if you have an all electric house, if you have a garage attached, it is a smart idea. They have ones that can mount in the garage and give a signal to your phone.

Car manufacturers can help too. If the fob is not present, it can be made to shut down after 10 minutes or so. Some people leave keys in the car so it can even be set to shut down of there is no driver input to anything for X minutes.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.