PSA: Genesis Connected Services is live in Canada

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I want the Alexa, Google, as well as send address to navigation feature!
I have downloaded the US version of the app, and while it won’t work for my car here in Canada, their app is so much better overall based on what I see in the demo. I’m really surprised that they would have bothered to have developed two different versions for what is a very similar North American set of markets … the car is the same, why shouldn’t the app be?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have downloaded the US version of the app, and while it won’t work for my car here in Canada, their app is so much better overall based on what I see in the demo. I’m really surprised that they would have bothered to have developed two different versions for what is a very similar North American set of markets … the car is the same, why shouldn’t the app be?
Some kind of regulation maybe?

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So speaking of the Canadian app, I have posted in the past about how horrible the monthly health report is regarding accuracy.

Just curious if others have the same issue. Main issue is the mileage reporting. Here is my summary:

Month - Actual mileage - As per Genesis - difference
Apr - 424 - 257 - <167>
May - 3056 - 234 - <2822>
Jun - 2458 - 1771 - <687>
Jul - 2172 - 1849 - <323>
Aug - 1315 - 1345 - 30
Sep - 2166 - 3 - <2163>
Oct - 2874 - 2826 - <48>
Nov - 2156 - 4974 - 2818
Dec - 1969 - 6886 - 4917
Jan - 2787 - 2666 - <121>

My total km at the end of Jan was 21,377 and the app had reported 22,811 so overall maybe not bad but month by month isn't close most months.

On top of that, within the app, I can only see April, May, July, August, December. So 5 out of 10 reports. I get the monthly email so that is my source of the other months. Oh, and it emails me between 1 and 4 times each month...

What I don't get is that it is like they aren't even trying. Why have an app and report that isn't even remotely accurate. I think it is a great idea and I like it, but it is rather useless so I think I would feel better if they just didn't have it. lol

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So speaking of the Canadian app, I have posted in the past about how horrible the monthly health report is regarding accuracy.

Just curious if others have the same issue. Main issue is the mileage reporting. Here is my summary:

Month - Actual mileage - As per Genesis - difference
Apr - 424 - 257 - <167>
May - 3056 - 234 - <2822>
Jun - 2458 - 1771 - <687>
Jul - 2172 - 1849 - <323>
Aug - 1315 - 1345 - 30
Sep - 2166 - 3 - <2163>
Oct - 2874 - 2826 - <48>
Nov - 2156 - 4974 - 2818
Dec - 1969 - 6886 - 4917
Jan - 2787 - 2666 - <121>

My total km at the end of Jan was 21,377 and the app had reported 22,811 so overall maybe not bad but month by month isn't close most months.

On top of that, within the app, I can only see April, May, July, August, December. So 5 out of 10 reports. I get the monthly email so that is my source of the other months. Oh, and it emails me between 1 and 4 times each month...

What I don't get is that it is like they aren't even trying. Why have an app and report that isn't even remotely accurate. I think it is a great idea and I like it, but it is rather useless so I think I would feel better if they just didn't have it. lol
Let’s bring this concern to the Toronto Auto show just started yesterday. Will be running until nex weekend I believe. I received a VIP invitation for the Genesis Boot where ours G70 will be among the 80 and the new G90.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let’s bring this concern to the Toronto Auto show just started yesterday. Will be running until nex weekend I believe. I received a VIP invitation for the Genesis Boot where ours G70 will be among the 80 and the new G90.
I received the invite too a few days ago but it seems like it is for Wednesday only!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I received the invite too a few days ago but it seems like it is for Wednesday only!
Yeah I received one too. I already bought tickets and I was planning to go on Wednesday anyways. Excited to see how it is, I wondering if it would be awkward because I am going to come with a friend and we are both young

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah I received one too. I already bought tickets and I was planning to go on Wednesday anyways. Excited to see how it is, I wondering if it would be awkward because I am going to come with a friend and we are both young
Inconvenient day for me. Too bad it isn't this next 3 days!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
But at least it is at the end of day, so it isn't too bad it being in the middle of the day
Yeah still a nice gesture.
For anyone that goes, please raise the infotainment refresh and Canadian app limitations compared to the US app!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah still a nice gesture.
For anyone that goes, please raise the infotainment refresh and Canadian app limitations compared to the US app!
I haven't even taken delivery yet, cars still at sea. But I will see if there is someone I can ask

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone having issues with Connected Services?

I can log into MyGenesis (takes awhile)...but my car is not listed. When I try to log in via my phone's App...it takes a while...and finally an error message comes up stating it's taking too long to log in and to contact support.

UPDATE: Seems to be working now on MyGenesis website. App is working fine as well. So all is fine.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Funny I just got an email congratulating me on my new vehicle purchase and saying to register the vehicle. I was all excited for my new car but there was nothing there when I logged in. Would have been funny if I had the ability to start someone elses car. :)

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Funny I just got an email congratulating me on my new vehicle purchase and saying to register the vehicle. I was all excited for my new car but there was nothing there when I logged in. Would have been funny if I had the ability to start someone elses car. :)
I got one of those a few weeks ago. Emailed Genesis but no reply ...

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If the Kia UVO app update today is any indication of what the Genesis app update for Canada would be, the startup screen after login will be the Remote Services Screen and not the Home Screen.