• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

PSA: Genesis Connected Services is live in Canada

Adasko

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Typically GCS sends you the link with a corresponding registration code but both the iPhone app and GCS website indicate the code to be "Recommended" hence chances are that if you have the VIN number and your account was created you can register. Here is the link:
https://genesisconnect.ca/register

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ah, ok. I have my vin and my car is on the train. It would be cool to track it but when I tried to register to the connected services it failed. Was the link specific to you or just to the connected services general link?
There were 2 links. One was pre-filled with some kind of number and the other was a general link. I used the pre-filled one to register the VIN and was up and running within a couple of minutes.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There were 2 links. One was pre-filled with some kind of number and the other was a general link. I used the pre-filled one to register the VIN and was up and running within a couple of minutes.
There must be something they need to do on the backend. I enter the vin but get an error. I'll check in with my advisor

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There must be something they need to do on the backend. I enter the vin but get an error. I'll check in with my advisor
Which Genesis?
I got mine from Genesis of Mississauga and my GXM was excellent!

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm wondering if someone knows how to update the version of the app since my still showing 1.0.6204 released last October and i see in Apple store there are more versions after this one. The last one 1.3 released last week but in my the app won't update automatically and even if i do manually still showing the old one. I deleted the old version and installed the new one but still showing the old one. Any thoughts?

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm wondering if someone knows how to update the version of the app since my still showing 1.0.6204 released last October and i see in Apple store there are more versions after this one. The last one 1.3 released last week but in my the app won't update automatically and even if i do manually still showing the old one. I deleted the old version and installed the new one but still showing the old one. Any thoughts?
Interesting ... mine shows the same 1.0.6204 ...

I wonder if maybe the newer versions are only available in other markets (ie the US) and not released in Canada yet?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Might also depend on what iOS you have. Perhaps the newer version is only for new iOS's. I am thinking it's probably the Can vs USA thing as mentioned above though.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The app is probably just showing a static number. Anyway it's not like they added features otherwise it would be in the revision history.

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I just tested, switched to the US App Store, and their app is completely different, so unlikely the case. NLJ is probably right - it's possible we have the newest app, it's just that the text hasn't been updated.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I just tested, switched to the US App Store, and their app is completely different, so unlikely the case. NLJ is probably right - it's possible we have the newest app, it's just that the text hasn't been updated.
Wish we had the US app. Wonder why the limitation on our app!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's integrated with Connected Services. That service is probably different between the 2 countries. Wonder if OnStar (same thing) is different between C and U.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I see, thx for the thoughts on this. And on another note and despite the connected service in the help topic does not says anything about, it is possible to remotely select heated seats as well. Every time I use it only has ON the steering Wheel but no the seat.I don’t see that option in the app but just curious.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I see, thx for the thoughts on this. And on another note and despite the connected service in the help topic does not says anything about, it is possible to remotely select heated seats as well. Every time I use it only has ON the steering Wheel but no the seat.I don’t see that option in the app but just curious.
Not seats. Probably a safety feature just in case you have something on the seat that is heat sensitive.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's integrated with Connected Services. That service is probably different between the 2 countries. Wonder if OnStar (same thing) is different between C and U.
Acura did the same thing. US had a limited type of OnStar but not the Canadian version.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Check out the artificial limitations the manufacturers set for the capability of the app:

5C8DB98F-B926-4533-9235-C266A243BB36.png660BCC33-242E-4A4B-95C2-DF89E43D3F5F.png

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What is with the second screen shot? I have never seen that...
That's the Kia app for my wife's 2019 Sorento SXL. No reason for it not to be able to do all the options in the second toggle but it's artificially limited!