• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Remote start, Does the G80 have one?

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Genesis Canada now sell a remote starter for the 2018 G80 sport that the dealership can install. It works with the factory remote by pressing lock then the panic/alarm button 3 times fast and runs for about 10min. Cost me a pretty penny but totally worth it for the cold weather here!
Do the hazard lights flash with this method?

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yep, I had it installed from the dealer and the annoying hazards flash until I get in the car and hit the brake pedal.
Damn I was willing to pay for that just to get rid of them. Thanks for the reply.

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Damn I was willing to pay for that just to get rid of them. Thanks for the reply.
No problem. I'd pay to turn off the blinking hazards too. I remote start my car in the driveway around 6am every morning and I feel like it lights up the whole street.

Jim C

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have a 2019 G90 in the states. I bought the car with the dealer to install a fob remote start since my wife does not want a smart phone. As it has turned out the remote start unit they use is not yet available for the 2019 only 2018 and earlier. Still waiting.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just tested my remote start. It took about 32 seconds to start in my garage at home. It says not to issue another command for 50 seconds after issuing the door lock command. It has only not worked a couple times and those were my fault. I am in the US and don't have CDMA service so I assume it has to go through my service to their CDMA server and then to my car?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Olusegzy

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I use an iphone/IOS in the U.S. Application is named "Genesis Intelligent Assistant" (GIA). Correct, The GIA mobile application is the only way to remotely start the car. I wish this was an option on the FOB. When the "free" GIA subscription expires (2 years in the U.S.) I'll have to start paying ($99/year) for the subscription to retain this feature. It's not worth it to me. The subscription costs are on the owners.genesis.com website You'll need to have an account (free other than the purchase price of the car ;).

The GIA (Remote Subscription) also provides the following.
  • ALARM NOTIFICATION
  • CAR FINDER
  • VEHICLE SAFEGUARD ALERTS APP
  • REMOTE DOOR UNLOCK/LOCK
  • REMOTE HORN & LIGHTS
  • REMOTE LIGHTS
  • REMOTE START W/ CLIMATE CONTROL
  • REMOTE VEHICLE STATUS
  • STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERY
  • STOLEN VEHICLE SLOWDOWN
I've posted this in other threads. I wish there was a way to remotely open and close the windows. My bosses 200x Accord has this feature from the key FOB. He uses it in my presence to annoy me.
In Canada, the Genesis app doesn't offer those features, at least not on the G80. But there's a module for remote start that is installed for around 500 CAD.

Olusegzy

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
What is the brand and model for the remote start.
I don't know yet, it's back-ordered at the moment and won't be available until next month at the dealership. But it doesn't require a new fob, so the only thing that needs to be installed is the module.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
FYI. From the looks of it, the new Hyundai Palisade comes with remote start on the key fob. Maybe this will move over to the future Genesis models. The parts catalog shows "remote start" as a feature on a couple fob part numbers. We should see our first Palisade on, or around July 10th, and I'll confirm at that time.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums