• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Retrofiting a UNAVI Navigation System

Are you interested in retrofitting your OEM Navigation System over to a UNAVI System

• Total voters

CarLightTrends

Registered Member
David - are there any plans for 2015 Gen support? Are there any plans for Android Auto and/or Apple CarPlay support?
XBOHDPuKC

As soon as we can get a 2015 we will start R&D for the new 2015, as for the other items that you are asking they are on the table and being looked into.

ED 718

Registered Member
David any installers in the LA OC or Ventura area that you recommend? I have a base 2013 model and really starting to get interested in the Nav Unit.

dlrtyblrdz

Hasn't posted much yet...
I am interested, are there any installers in WI?

madcrutch

Hasn't posted much yet...
Dallas, Ga.
Purchased a 2012 3.8 Genesis sedan with 30K miles in October 2013. I had an issue with the NAV system took it to the dealer who said it was not a OEM unit.
I made a couple of calls to the dealer from whom I bought the car (not a Hyundai dealer) who told me that they had a local AV company install the NAV. I called this company and they had me go to the car to find out what model/type etc. This is a UNAVI 8" system. The OS was locking up. they had one of their techs (in a fancy SUV service vehicle) come out to my office to check out the system. The install was not done correctly. He corrected the installation and made sure that the USB/memory card port was accessible. He gave me a number to call UNAVI support while he was working. I got an updated OS download did the install and have been very happy ever since. The dealer likes the UNAVI unit and has complemented me more than once. More than likely that is why the price of the car was so cheap compared to the same year with the technology package. I paid 20K for a 2012 in October '13.
So far no complaints other than I need better tires. They had new Dunlop Signature tires so I will wear them out before I buy the Michelins that I had on my Azera.

unknown_owner

Registered Member
Well, you can take off the development of a Unavi for Tech pkg systems. Got this email reply directly from Unavi:

Hello, Thank you for your question. We were interested in developing a system for the model you are asking about however when we look into designing a system like this the demand has to be large enough for us to invest in and unfortunately we just didn’t have many customers asking for it. We have moved on to developing newer features in our current models since the Genesis Sedan has been removed from our lineup due to Hyundai including navigation in all Genesis Sedans. I wish we had a solution for you however we just don’t see being able to sell enough to make it worth the investment. Sorry

Regards

Robert L Bridges
UNAVI General Manager

CarLightTrends

Registered Member
Gentlemen

Yes we here at UNAVI USA looked into developing a retro fit system that would replace the factory DIS System with our Navigation System and after a long discussions with our Korean Engineers there is simply not enough demand here in the States for us to move forward with the development.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums