• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show off your aftermarket wheels thread.🚗

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh, so you're looking for a similar look to the 5 spoke but lighter. Tirerack didn't have many 5 spoke options (you still have to choose the Stinger to shop by vehicle). The Enkei PF05 was the closest. $450 each and they appear to be around 21 lbs.

View attachment 21790

@Piz - I think I'm coming around to your suggestion. These are looking pretty dang good. Enkei has been around since before I started working on cars (20 years-ish), and they've always seemed to have a pretty good reputation. Looks like these are basically flow formed like the other set I was looking at. Weight is around 24lbs a piece. Plus they have the correct offset and the same widths I want. (ie 19x8.5 & 19.9.5). Technically I could use the same tires I already have, and I wouldn't need to change the paint/finish.

They make that derpy looking Stinger not be such an eyesore... (almost)

mainveh.stinger_prem.18.Silky_Silver.png

Edit: joking about the Stinger, of course!

Last edited:

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Piz - I think I'm coming around to your suggestion. These are looking pretty dang good. Enkei has been around since I started working on cars, and they've always seemed to have a pretty good reputation. Looks like these are basically flow formed like the other set I was looking at. Weight is around 24lbs a piece. Plus they have the correct offset and the same widths I want. (ie 19x8.5 & 19.9.5). Technically I could use the same tires I already have, and I wouldn't need to change the paint/finish.

They make that derpy looking Stinger not be such an eyesore... (almost)

View attachment 21813
My last car had enkei rims and I highly suggest them. They were finished in black and after 5 years I only had a couple chips you could barely see. Weight was good and strength was good for the price

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My last car had enkei rims and I highly suggest them. They were finished in black and after 5 years I only had a couple chips you could barely see. Weight was good and strength was good for the price
Nice, this is reassuring, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to hearing what you decide @Toddasaurus. Hyper black appears to be a gun metal/dark chrome color. If you do go with the AFF06 wouldn't the titanium finish be super close to hyper black?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice, this is reassuring, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to hearing what you decide @Toddasaurus. Hyper black appears to be a gun metal/dark chrome color. If you do go with the AFF06 wouldn't the titanium finish be super close to hyper black?
I think the AFF06's are too light, it's more like a regular silver color, it seems. Now I'm looking at these...
enkeitun_tfrstandard_sg_pdpfull.jpg

They even have them in copper, which would match my headlights. Haha.
mainveh.stinger_prem.18.Silky_Silver (1).png

Sigh. I'm beginning to obsess over rims as of late. I primarily want a faster, and more capable car; and I've still got plenty of mods that will make a much bigger impact than weight loss via rims. Thinking I need to calm down right now and focus on finishing adding more power first. My OCD seems to get the best of me more times than not when it comes to cars. Anyway, afterwords I think I'll visit my rims again.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the AFF06's are too light, it's more like a regular silver color, it seems. Now I'm looking at these...
View attachment 21835

They even have them in copper, which would match my headlights. Haha.
View attachment 21836

Sigh. I'm beginning to obsess over rims as of late. I primarily want a faster, and more capable car; and I've still got plenty of mods that will make a much bigger impact than weight loss via rims. Thinking I need to calm down right now and focus on finishing adding more power first. My OCD seems to get the best of me more times than not when it comes to cars. Anyway, afterwords I think I'll visit my rims again.
The answer you're looking for is...

1564150114583.png

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I'm sorry I don't have pictures of these wheels on a G70, but I was hoping people could chime in and tell me what they think of them.

View attachment 21724

I would have a local shop paint them metallic hyper black, so they'd be very similar to the stock Sport 5 spoke rim color and finish.

My car is Santiago Silver. Here is a silver Corvette with those rims - posting to show the contrast between the rim color and body color (though mine wouldn't be black, but similar)...

View attachment 21725
View attachment 21726

Lastly, a rep responded to my email and told me they weight between 22 and 23.5lbs, which is right about 10lbs lighter than my OEM wheels.

Thoughts?
Oof, that is an absolutely gorgeous Vette, and I bet those wheels would work well on a G70 sport

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a hare-brained idea yesterday after curbing my wheel that maybe I should try plasti-dipping my stock wheels gold. Never was a fan of plasti-dip back in the day, but apparently its come a long way and it might be a fun weekend project. If it ends up looking like hot garbage, I can peel it right off and I'll only be out about 60 bucks

1564249043827.png

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a hare-brained idea yesterday after curbing my wheel that maybe I should try plasti-dipping my stock wheels gold. Never was a fan of plasti-dip back in the day, but apparently its come a long way and it might be a fun weekend project. If it ends up looking like hot garbage, I can peel it right off and I'll only be out about 60 bucks

View attachment 21857
I feel like you'd have issues with heat from the brakes, but I've been back and forth about how bronze (or white) wheels would look on my car.

Last edited:

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Other way around. I figure the heat from the brakes would impact the plasti-dip, no?
plasti dip is good to 200F, Ive seen plenty of people with dipped rims and heat does not have any effect. The brakes are far enough away. Rock chips are a whole nother story though, plasti dip doesnt look great for long on a surface that sees a lot of things hitting it at high speed

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
plasti dip is good to 200F, Ive seen plenty of people with dipped rims and heat does not have any effect. The brakes are far enough away. Rock chips are a whole nother story though, plasti dip doesnt look great for long on a surface that sees a lot of things hitting it at high speed
Well I've learned something today. Struck out that bit from my old post

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums