• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show off your aftermarket wheels thread.🚗

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You have 255 rears and summer tires! 225/45/18 on the back is nowhere near enough.
I have the summer 255s (non s) and even then today I got the back end out accidentally on the freeway. Merging on, 4th gear manual mode, ac on and TC fully on. Scared the shit out of me and the people around me because I didn’t mean to do that and didn’t think I could in 100 degree weather with ac on and already going that fast. The 3.3 really puts out a ton of torque. 1st gear is really limited but any other gear can get the stock ps4 to burn rubber

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the square 225's and find them just fine... I do have AWD though... In terms of grip, they are fine for regular driving and because of their lower limits make for some great fun!

All perspective, I guess...

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the square 225's and find them just fine... I do have AWD though... In terms of grip, they are fine for regular driving and because of their lower limits make for some great fun!

All perspective, I guess...
I have the same setup and for the most part its fine in normal driving. I notice it most when pulling out of parking lots of taking sharp low speed turns. Initially I was keeping the AWD in sport mode which gives it more rear bias, but whenever I was turning from a stop I found it chirping every single time.

Counter-intuitively, the Hyundai Kona loaner car I'm driving actually has wider tires than my car! 235's all around.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the summer 255s (non s) and even then today I got the back end out accidentally on the freeway. Merging on, 4th gear manual mode, ac on and TC fully on. Scared the shit out of me and the people around me because I didn’t mean to do that and didn’t think I could in 100 degree weather with ac on and already going that fast. The 3.3 really puts out a ton of torque. 1st gear is really limited but any other gear can get the stock ps4 to burn rubber
Damn! That sounds harrowing indeed. The car has so much power that I think 99% of my driving even on city streets is under 3k rpms

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agreed. I have the JB4 on Map 2, but I’m usually just putt-putting around in Comfort mode with the engine’s torque doing all the work. But when I get on it, the G70 makes it clear in no uncertain terms that she’s ready to play and she’s got the power to make it exciting.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think Genesis really dropped the ball on the 3.3 AWD tires. Square 225 width are nowhere near sufficient to put down almost 380 lb/ft of torque, and I've been noticing that since I got the car. Even though its a lease, I was thinking new wheels which could accomodate bigger tires and I'm liking these:

Only issue is the stock sport widths (which we know work) are 8 in the front and 8.5 in the rear. These only come in 8.5 for the front and 9.5 for the rear. This seems to be a common issue for staggered setups, very little 8/8.5 from what I could find.

What are you guys' thoughts on running a 8.5/9.5 19 inch setup, maybe with 235/40/19 and 265/35/19 F/R?

Haha I just noticed after a ton of independent research I like the exact same wheels you guys mentioned elsewhere in the thread, the ace alloys and the enkei pf05's
Widths are fine as long as the offsets are correct. The wheels I'm looking at are 10 inches wide rear and 8.5 in front. Pictured on that Kia above. They guarantee the fit.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Widths are fine as long as the offsets are correct. The wheels I'm looking at are 10 inches wide rear and 8.5 in front. Pictured on that Kia above. They guarantee the fit.
Any idea what the proper offsets might be for 8.5/9.5 19 inch wheels?

T1no33

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm bummed there are more pics. Wheels, tires and breaks are going to be my first mod and looking for ideas. Will keep watching!

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea what the proper offsets might be for 8.5/9.5 19 inch wheels?
Not sure for our cars, but I'm researching the wheels I mentioned above because they looked right on the Stinger. They arent custom sizes, but the site guarantees fit.

T1no33

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hopefully in a month or so, I'll have some pics. I'm contemplating lowering my car .75 of an inch and then going with 20s. ;-)
I'm planning on 20s as well. Was debating on HnR lowering springs. Please post what you do!

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm planning on 20s as well. Was debating on HnR lowering springs. Please post what you do!
I'm probably going with ARK GT-F springs. They are designed to work with stock shocks including the adaptive versions. Not a major drop, just enough to reduce the fender gap.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What do you guys think between these two wheels, mesh or the multi spoke? They're both concave.

Attachments

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums