Sprint Booster for the 2015 Genesis 5.0

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
All I want to know is does the Sprint Booster completely override the throttle cutoff that you get when flooring it and having the rear wheels spin (I'm not talking about the esc problem). I am told that Hyundia programmed the tcu to only open to 40% max regardless of full throttle pedal position until about 30-40 mph and if full throttle is attempted the tcu basically partially shuts down the engine until over that mph. Which is why some feel as though their heads will hit the steering wheel as the engine takes off then is starved, then almost immediately picks up only to possibily starve again until the tcu allows full opening. If the SB solves this design interference, then I will be a buyer and forget about feathering the pedal like a ballet dancer through that range.

edizzle89

Registered Member
Columbus, IN
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
All I want to know is does the Sprint Booster completely override the throttle cutoff that you get when flooring it and having the rear wheels spin (I'm not talking about the esc problem). I am told that Hyundia programmed the tcu to only open to 40% max regardless of full throttle pedal position until about 30-40 mph and if full throttle is attempted the tcu basically partially shuts down the engine until over that mph. Which is why some feel as though their heads will hit the steering wheel as the engine takes off then is starved, then almost immediately picks up only to possibily starve again until the tcu allows full opening. If the SB solves this design interference, then I will be a buyer and forget about feathering the pedal like a ballet dancer through that range.
It probably wont fix that problem. It only increases the ramp rate of the throttle signal. The ecu/tcu still have full control of the throttle like it did before.

Thread starter #24

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I believe so. However, I can not be certain since I do not know what is going on with the throttle body electrical signal with the Sprint Booster.

The Sprint Booster does seem to make the throttle more responsive or touchy to input and the car does move faster from a stand still when the engine reach about 2k rpms without torque braking the engine. However, that is more from the automatic torque converter locking up. Many stock automatic cars are slow off the line unless you hold the brake and rev the engine to build up power quickly. The Sprint Booster does not override that aspect of how the engine/transmission works. The Sprint booster just allows the engine to rev quicker without the gradual throttle opening programming. I do not know how it works, but it does.

My car just move faster with the Sprint Booster activated, works for me. It is like comparing ECO mode to Sport mode. However, with the Sprint Booster the stock Sport mode is like ECO mode compared to the Sprint Booster setting. So the Sprint Booster just adds a more aggressive drive mode for the throttle calibration.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.