Spy shots of the long-awaited GV80.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ The GV80 will be underpinned by a new RWD platform shared w/ the new G80.

I think the genesis one is a little farther back then the Palisade. That’s why i think they are incorporating some type of system like BMW offers that lets you control the screen from a wheel.
Agreed.

From the looks of it, seems like the GV80 has a widescreen (somewhat integrated) tablet screen; somewhat similar to the Palisade, but not as integrated w/ the cluster and set further back.

Ducatislave

Hasn't posted much yet...
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
So did they opt to do a third row or make it an option?
I don't see how it will be able to be a class competitor if it can't seat any more than 5. Especially with the new Palisade on the way too, which looks like they used some of the same dash lines and seat ideas from the GV80 concept as well as the 3.8L again.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So did they opt to do a third row or make it an option?
I don't see how it will be able to be a class competitor if it can't seat any more than 5. Especially with the new Palisade on the way too, which looks like they used some of the same dash lines and seat ideas from the GV80 concept as well as the 3.8L again.
It would most likely be an option.

Spill6

Post #10 pic shows what I would say is a seat belt and 3rd row bench.

The infotainment screen looks like it will be set back like the RX, so maybe a 12" screen, but not a touchscreen, it's too far back.

The dial that the guy has his hand on is the infotainment controller. It's far back yes, so you can leave your arm resting on the armrest and play with the rotary controller.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Post #10 pic shows what I would say is a seat belt and 3rd row bench.

The infotainment screen looks like it will be set back like the RX, so maybe a 12" screen, but not a touchscreen, it's too far back.

The dial that the guy has his hand on is the infotainment controller. It's far back yes, so you can leave your arm resting on the armrest and play with the rotary controller.
Everything you’ve stated is true. The only one thing that people are conflicted apon is the dial the guy is presssing. So think it’s the shift by wire while others think it is the infotainment screen switch. Only reason why people are thinking it’s the switch gear for the car is because of the Huge P button and no it’s not the P for the electronic Emergency parking break like others have. It’s conflicting but we should know when we see the G80/GV80 get revealed this year.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I firmly believe that its the switch for selecting Park/Neutral/Drive. The push button with the "P" on it is also for selecting park. You can see in the pics in post 10 that there is a red letter lit up, I'm suspecting it's a lit up red "P". To the right of that is what appears to be a lit up white "N". I'm suspecting a lit up "D" is to the right of that but cannot be seen in the pic. The "AUTO HOLD" function button is also seen there as well.

Just a little towards the front on the centre stack is the big circle dial. I'm suspecting that is for scrolling around on the infotainment screen. There is a push button just above that appearing to be labled "BACK"... more evidence that it controls the screen in my opinion.

This same type of centre stack design is also seen in the G80 spy shot thread.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I’m not a believer in eliminating the shift knob in a “performance” vehicle. As a matter of fact, it should remain in all vehicles. My Dad’s ‘61 Rambler had a push button transmission. ‘Nuff said.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone heard anything about towing capabilities? All of the fwd based SUV's this size seem to max out at 5000lbs while the rwd based SUV's from Germany seem to all be over 7000lbs.

I will be looking to replace my 2016 Grand Cherokee (7200lb towing) early next year and this would be a great candidate if it can tow at least 6000lbs.

That and my fingers are crossed that a loaded model won't be much over $70K...

r_spec

As someone who has seen this vehicle in person, I can publicly say that I'll be getting one as soon as it comes out. =)

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
As someone who has seen this vehicle in person, I can publicly say that I'll be getting one as soon as it comes out. =)
Hey off topic but what aspects or features do you like in a rear wheel drive based, midsize luxury SUV that you would be buying in the future... Hypothetically?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.