Spyshots of 2021 G70 facelift

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I'm really excited to see how it turns out, both the possibility of a wagon and the actual sedan. If it's like the new G80, it sounds like we can expect a substantial weight loss on top of everything else from the increased use of aluminum.

Charlie from Asian Petrolhead said that the new 3.5 feels very smooth and powerful.

Glaz

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
I'm really excited to see how it turns out, both the possibility of a wagon and the actual sedan. If it's like the new G80, it sounds like we can expect a substantial weight loss on top of everything else from the increased use of aluminum.

Charlie from Asian Petrolhead said that the new 3.5 feels very smooth and powerful.
I’m looking forward to the facelift Sedan and a Wagon. Honestly in my opinion the Next Gen G70 will handle even better because of the new chassis. For right now it handles really good but I know for a fact the next Gen will out perform the first gen. Nonetheless looking forward to possibly getting to see the G70 with the 2.5T and 3.5TT.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis G70
I’m looking forward to the facelift Sedan and a Wagon. Honestly in my opinion the Next Gen G70 will handle even better because of the new chassis. For right now it handles really good but I know for a fact the next Gen will out perform the first gen. Nonetheless looking forward to possibly getting to see the G70 with the 2.5T and 3.5TT.
Did they commit to making a wagon??
Edit: NVM I see they’re doing a “study”. Years out at best I think.

Last edited:

Glaz

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
Did they commit to making a wagon??
Edit: NVM I see they’re doing a “study”. Years out at best I think.
Well funny you say that. Last night Genesis released a video on the worldwide YouTube page with this image. Now if you get the image and brighten it up you can see something.

Attachments

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis G70
Interesting... I assume we’re looking the vehicle third from the right?
Looks like a hatchback, almost like a longer veloster. To the right of that I see corvette lines, and on the far right something from the new VW electric line lol.
Maybe I’m bad at car shapes.:ROFLMAO:

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis G70
The silhouette still looks like a sedan, but it almost looks like it has one of those SUV/hatchback spoilers at the top of the back window. Maybe it's just a funky image thing.

But something the bright image brings out is that the lower vents on the current G70 seem to be carrying on in the facelift. So they aren't going for the ones on the GV80/G80/G90.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Not sure if you guys have seen this already, but a guy on the Stinger forum found this....

1586138994756.jpg

G80, evidently, will have a Sport version (at least in Korea) and will have a higher output 3.5tt! That said.....new G70 Sport, with 414HP??? Right? Amiriiiiight??

Glaz

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
Not sure if you guys have seen this already, but a guy on the Stinger forum found this....

View attachment 28042

G80, evidently, will have a Sport version (at least in Korea) and will have a higher output 3.5tt! That said.....new G70 Sport, with 414HP??? Right? Amiriiiiight??
It’s kinda funny. That would mean the 3.5TT Sport would have the same HP as the 5.0 V8 of the previous Gen. I highly doubt that this is true as it was posted on a car news page on Instagram for April Fools day.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums