Things you love about the G70

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis G70
wait..what? I haven’t felt the bolsters change in sport mode.

That is probably because you have the bolster setting set to max in default mode. So you are always bolstered.

Trigger

Cincinnati
Genesis G70
Hello all! Today marks two weeks since getting my 2019 G70. My last car was a 2008 and so this clearly has a lot of upgrades. I posted a few things I didn't like on the other thread, but also wanted to share what I love, and why I decided to go with this beauty of a car.

Full disclaimer: I only got the 2.0. It seems a lot of people on this thread have the 3.3 and I get it, I would love this car even more if I could have afforded the 3.3. I essentially came down to getting this or the Stinger. I may have been able to stretch the budget to get the 3.3 on the Stinger since overall its a little cheaper, but I just didn't like that car as much. The interior although very similar, felt way more cheaply done to me, and the exterior was just to many fake accent pieces and such. I just got more of like young 20s feel out of that car. By no means do I want to trash it, it is a very nice car, but Im 30 now haha and the G70 just feels way more luxurious and that's what I was wanting.. just wish with the 3.3!

1) Perhaps the #1 thing to me was that I wanted a car no one else had. Yes I may have sacrificed on performance, but I now see a Stinger almost on the daily around town. IS300s are nice, C300s are nice and is same price range, but those are a dime a dozen. I have been driving this G70 around Cincinnati for two weeks and have not seen a single other one (and trust me Im looking) I love that.
2) Continuing on looks: I think this car looks stunning. Its got the right amount of accent pieces along with curves in the body to make it look great. I liked almost all the color options on this, but I am really happy I got the Himalayan Gray, it looks so nice with the wheels.
3) The interior feels very nice, I love the leather seats and all little gizmos that come with it (heated/cooled, adjustable).
4) The dash/buttons are laid out very nicely. The touch screen works fast and is clean.
5) I love the slight hint of red on the speedometer/tachometer that comes out. I also like how when you change modes it accents that color on the driver display.
6) Speaking of modes, not sure if its as noticeable in the 3.3, but you can really tell a difference when switching to sport mode, make so much more fun to drive.
7) My sunroof, love my sunroof and how it looks on the exterior when opened. Cant wait to use it!
8) Exterior lighting is nice, I really love the taillights.

More to come Im sure!

Last edited:

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
Yes, about the touch screen. I have cleaned the screen once in six months. It stays cleaner than the screen in my last car, for whatever reasons.
I, too, have the gray and on a sunny day it takes on black, silver and gray depending on the surface plane and angle. In other words, nearly the entire palette of Audi colors.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
Yes, about the touch screen. I have cleaned the screen once in six months. It stays cleaner than the screen in my last car, for whatever reasons.
I, too, have the gray and on a sunny day it takes on black, silver and gray depending on the surface plane and angle. In other words, nearly the entire palette of Audi colors.
Buy an Audi in any color (black/white/gray are "shades" technically) and you basically have a limited edition car :hillarious:

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis G70
Hello all! Today marks two weeks since getting my 2019 G70. My last car was a 2008 and so this clearly has a lot of upgrades. I posted a few things I didn't like on the other thread, but also wanted to share what I love, and why I decided to go with this beauty of a car.

Full disclaimer: I only got the 2.0. It seems a lot of people on this thread have the 3.3 and I get it, I would love this car even more if I could have afforded the 3.3. I essentially came down to getting this or the Stinger. I may have been able to stretch the budget to get the 3.3 on the Stinger since overall its a little cheaper, but I just didn't like that car as much. The interior although very similar, felt way more cheaply done to me, and the exterior was just to many fake accent pieces and such. I just got more of like young 20s feel out of that car. By no means do I want to trash it, it is a very nice car, but Im 30 now haha and the G70 just feels way more luxurious and that's what I was wanting.. just wish with the 3.3!

1) Perhaps the #1 thing to me was that I wanted a car no one else had. Yes I may have sacrificed on performance, but I now see a Stinger almost on the daily around town. IS300s are nice, C300s are nice and is same price range, but those are a dime a dozen. I have been driving this G70 around Cincinnati for two weeks and have not seen a single other one (and trust me Im looking) I love that.
2) Continuing on looks: I think this car looks stunning. Its got the right amount of accent pieces along with curves in the body to make it look great. I liked almost all the color options on this, but I am really happy I got the Himalayan Gray, it looks so nice with the wheels.
3) The interior feels very nice, I love the leather seats and all little gizmos that come with it (heated/cooled, adjustable).
4) The dash/buttons are laid out very nicely. The touch screen works fast and is clean.
5) I love the slight hint of red on the speedometer/tachometer that comes out. I also like how when you change modes it accents that color on the driver display.
6) Speaking of modes, not sure if its as noticeable in the 3.3, but you can really tell a difference when switching to sport mode, make so much more fun to drive.
7) My sunroof, love my sunroof and how it looks on the exterior when opened. Cant wait to use it!
8) Exterior lighting is nice, I really love the taillights.

More to come Im sure!
Let us know how your sun roof performs rattle/squeak wise in that thread after a few months. I have a 2020 that is 6 weeks old. For the first time heard a slight noise from the headliner area, nothing too bad yet and unable to pin point direction it comes from. With radio on can’t even hear it so not worried at this time.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
Love? Like, moreso. Today I was navigating a busy parking garage and noticed how easy the car turning radius put me into the spot with no sawing the wheel. My 18" wheel version has a turning circle more than a foot less than 3 series or C series equivalent models. It made the difference for me today.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
Middletown NY
Genesis G70
if you have a Heads Up Display (HUD) and put the car in Sport mode, the speed in the HUD is displayed in italics (vs regular font in all the other modes) -- everything is better in italics. Nice touch from the Genesis team
Thanks never noticed that. Partially because I’m hardly ever in sport mode.

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Thanks never noticed that. Partially because I’m hardly ever in sport mode.
Hardly ever drive in sport mode? And you drive a g70? What are you doing?!? :ROFLMAO:
This car feels mean’t to be driven in sport mode all the time, amazing handling, If you don’t have the RWD model, y’all are really missing out so thrilling letting those back tires get loose, performs power slides surprisingly well with the weight, all around a fantastic sport sedan. I really wanted the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio but the tech this car outweighs the Alfa, plus with just a few bolt ons and a proper piggyback or ecu, performance is unbelievably enhanced, no regrets with this car!

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis G70
I started out in Sport all the time the first couple weeks but now I keep it in ECO the last couple months. My last car was in Sport all the time but this thing is so fast it doesn't feel necessary. If I need to out accelerate someone I just push the gas pedal further. I will definitely use Sport mode running JB4 map 3 when I go up against my buddy and his 19 AMG C43. Ill be sharing that "research" as soon as we can make it happen but until then Ill continue to put around town in ECO.

I really like this car and happy I moved on from Acura. They used to be the bang for your buck entry level luxury but think Genesis is doing that better than Acura now.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Hardly ever drive in sport mode? And you drive a g70? What are you doing?!? :ROFLMAO:
This car feels mean’t to be driven in sport mode all the time, amazing handling, If you don’t have the RWD model, y’all are really missing out so thrilling letting those back tires get loose, performs power slides surprisingly well with the weight, all around a fantastic sport sedan. I really wanted the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio but the tech this car outweighs the Alfa, plus with just a few bolt ons and a proper piggyback or ecu, performance is unbelievably enhanced, no regrets with this car!
AWD does the same thing with drift mode.. Agreed though that the G70 is pretty awesome!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
^This.

Even with only TC disabled I can get a lot of power oversteer on my AWD G70. The rear LSD makes it pretty dang easy! Even moreso with drift mode on.

Julius88

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So I just noticed something new about the G70 that I like...I was driving the other night during some heavy fog so I could actually see the beams projecting out of my front headlights. As I was taking a turn, I noticed that the direction of the beam adjusted to the direction of my turn. I never knew the G70 had adaptive headlights. To be honest, I'm not sure how much it actually helps but I thought it was pretty cool :)

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So I just noticed something new about the G70 that I like...I was driving the other night during some heavy fog so I could actually see the beams projecting out of my front headlights. As I was taking a turn, I noticed that the direction of the beam adjusted to the direction of my turn. I never knew the G70 had adaptive headlights. To be honest, I'm not sure how much it actually helps but I thought it was pretty cool :)
Also self-leveling headlights. One of my favorite features is the auto high beam. It works flawlessly.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
elite and up trim; should be listed as a feature on your window sticker ;)

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
Middletown NY
Genesis G70
I like the fact that the cruise control stays at the distance setting last set unlike my prior Genesis cars which always reset to maximum distance when the car was turned off and on. It would be nice if the drive mode would do the same.:)

Last edited:

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis G70
If your ever parked pointed toward a fence or wall when you start up at night, watch the headlights do their shuck and jive wiggle dance. It’s like the lights are possessed for a short time as they come alive.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums