• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Things you love about the G70

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine is a 3,3. It is 273 miles from my house to Valdosta Ga. Twice we have filled up within a mile of home and driven straight to Valdosta, Both times on ECO and at 72mph average using cruise. It took 8.81 and 8.80 gallons to fill it when we arrived, both times. That is 273/8.80 = 31.02 mpg. So if you drive 400 miles at 31 mpg then 400 miles is easy as it takes 12.9 gallons which leaves you plenty of gas in the tank.
This past week was a pretty normal week, drove 345 miles, used 14.02 gallons of 93. That is 24.6 mpg. This was mainly in town, one 85 mile interstate trip in there. That is using Smart Mode with cruise anytime I can. So I think mileage is good. I do not use the car computer to figure it, although it is very close most fill-ups. I try to only use Shell 93 but have had to buy other brands a few times but then only one such as Exon or Mobil. I, as I have said before, worked in the manuf of fuel awhile ago and I do not use cheap no name fuel, many of you do, that OK as it is your car. But for me, name brands Premium only.

You may be getting great mileage for those two times, but it all depends on traffic conditions, the lack thereof, weather, and road conditions. On flat roads with little to no traffic, and no wind against you, only freeway miles - you certainly could get 400 miles. But even so, I sincerely doubt you or anyone here will ever REALISTICALLY drive 400 miles in one tank, as there is too much variability in road conditions. I would hardly say it's "easy." Also, I always fill up with Shell premium as well, though I've tracked absolutely no difference in my mileage when I used Chevron a few times.

I've gotten even better mileage than you (35mpg) but such was only on a flat freeway, driving in ECO with no stopping related to traffic, weather was nice as well, and I wasn't going very fast at all. No way those conditions would stay for a full 400 miles. I have a 3.3 AWD, btw.

You seem to be really intent on proving superiority to the rest of us, so let's see some proof of a 400 mile tank during regular driving. I don't doubt you can do it, nor do I doubt anyone here can do the same - but such would be only under carefully selected conditions. No way you can do it with mixed city/hwy driving with varying weather conditions. My argument is that you'll only get that kind of mileage when everything is near perfect - which is extremely rare.

Last edited:

Carguy55

G70 Design Edition in Clinton Township, MI
Clinton Township, Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine is a 3,3. It is 273 miles from my house to Valdosta Ga. Twice we have filled up within a mile of home and driven straight to Valdosta, Both times on ECO and at 72mph average using cruise. It took 8.81 and 8.80 gallons to fill it when we arrived, both times. That is 273/8.80 = 31.02 mpg. So if you drive 400 miles at 31 mpg then 400 miles is easy as it takes 12.9 gallons which leaves you plenty of gas in the tank.
This past week was a pretty normal week, drove 345 miles, used 14.02 gallons of 93. That is 24.6 mpg. This was mainly in town, one 85 mile interstate trip in there. That is using Smart Mode with cruise anytime I can. So I think mileage is good. I do not use the car computer to figure it, although it is very close most fill-ups. I try to only use Shell 93 but have had to buy other brands a few times but then only one such as Exon or Mobil. I, as I have said before, worked in the manuf of fuel awhile ago and I do not use cheap no name fuel, many of you do, that OK as it is your car. But for me, name brands Premium only.
Great mileage! My 3.3T Design Edition only averages around 18-19 MPG (using the Fuelly app for calculations) when driving about 75% around town and I'm always in Eco mode. I'm assuming it is now fully broken-in @ 1300 miles, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something simple in trying to get better fuel economy with my G70 than in the 6.2L C6 Corvette it replaced...
Enjoy,
Carguy55

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Got to hand it yah CVODON that’s quite a feat. I consider myself a very observant MPG driver and the best I’ve been able to achieve is 31 MPG under absolute perfect conditions in comfort mode. Driving at 70mph straight with no slow down or stopping, good weather conditions and fairly level road. Other than that my usual high is about 28 MPG and about 21 around town with minimal stop and go traffic. I use Exxon 93 exclusively as I’ve found it achieves the best results for me. All measured not readouts of course. As a note I’m quite pleased with that.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I don’t know is it me? Just noticed during this first cold spell the car runs considerably stronger when it’s real cold less than 20 degrees. Is it that the air is denser? Just a point of curiosity.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, I think so. My cars always feel stronger in the cold air here in New England. Makes sense with the denser air.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ahhh.....cold air is denser, thus packing more oxygen into every cubic foot. Then the ECU senses that and adds more fuel.
Well...more air enters the turbos...so they act is if they are bigger/more efficient.

Last edited:

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The cold air may also allow for more ignition timing, which is generally a good thing.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Colder air is going to improve the efficiency of the intercooler, also, cooler air is more dense (think of how a hot air balloon works) so the turbos need to do less work. That said, turbocharged engines love the cold air.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
2 things: 1) How do you drive below 80 mph average on a trip that long?! and 2) Are you driving downhill both ways?

Don't really see the point in having a fast car if you're not going to flex its muscles every once in a while. I'm not saying blindly speed around like you're 16, but damn would it be a boring week (well, more like 4 days for me) if I averaged 25mpg

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You may be getting great mileage for those two times, but it all depends on traffic conditions, the lack thereof, weather, and road conditions. On flat roads with little to no traffic, and no wind against you, only freeway miles - you certainly could get 400 miles. But even so, I sincerely doubt you or anyone here will ever REALISTICALLY drive 400 miles in one tank, as there is too much variability in road conditions. I would hardly say it's "easy." Also, I always fill up with Shell premium as well, though I've tracked absolutely no difference in my mileage when I used Chevron a few times.

I've gotten even better mileage than you (35mpg) but such was only on a flat freeway, driving in ECO with no stopping related to traffic, weather was nice as well, and I wasn't going very fast at all. No way those conditions would stay for a full 400 miles. I have a 3.3 AWD, btw.

You seem to be really intent on proving superiority to the rest of us, so let's see some proof of a 400 mile tank during regular driving. I don't doubt you can do it, nor do I doubt anyone here can do the same - but such would be only under carefully selected conditions. No way you can do it with mixed city/hwy driving with varying weather conditions. My argument is that you'll only get that kind of mileage when everything is near perfect - which is extremely rare.
NO doubt I am superior to you. No one said anything about mixed city/highway dumbass, nothing was said about regular driving and I have no idea what a person with your skills would car regular. What a ***** you must be. I explained the trip and how it went, filled up, got on intersate, drove the specified amount of miles, got off and refilled and used ECO on cruise.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
NO doubt I am superior to you. No one said anything about mixed city/highway dumbass, nothing was said about regular driving and I have no idea what a person with your skills would car regular. What a ***** you must be. I explained the trip and how it went, filled up, got on intersate, drove the specified amount of miles, got off and refilled and used ECO on cruise.

Lol. Okay. Here, I'll quote your first post to what we were originally referring to when talking about 400 miles per tank so you can understand why I said what I said...

Mileage is Excellent for a car of this power and size. Your comment was out of line, someone could read that and actually believe you knew what you were talking about, and every other owner knows you don't. This crap is unnecessary. My car will easily, and has, exceeded 400 miles between fill-ups and no one can go that far without a bathroom break anyway.

Notice how you didn't specify anything? Instead you just said your car "will easily, and has, exceeded 400 miles between fill-ups" - nowhere did you say freeway only. You also told the person you replied to that his "comment was out of line" and that he doesn't know what he was talking about.

Again, of course the G70 can get decent gas mileage on the freeway, we've actually discussed that a lot prior to your arrival on the forum, in fact, pretty much immediately after the comment you were originally referring to on the first page. But prior to that, and after discussing freeway only mileage, we began talking about how easy it is to get poor mileage with mixed driving, as this car is fun to drive more on the aggressive side.

Last edited:

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey, hey, no Grinches allowed here.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
NO doubt I am superior to you. No one said anything about mixed city/highway dumbass, nothing was said about regular driving and I have no idea what a person with your skills would car regular. What a ***** you must be. I explained the trip and how it went, filled up, got on intersate, drove the specified amount of miles, got off[,] and refilled and used ECO on cruise.
Just pointing out your typos, grammar errors, and lack of an Oxford comma. That is all this comment is for.

PS: Theoretical possibility of reaching over 400 miles on a tank doesn't mean it will actually happen. Drive it over 400, post the proof, and I'll believe you. I'll also laugh at how you spent $40-50k on the car to drive it like a Prius :owned:

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow going out of your way to make friends on here I see. Toddasaurus contributes more on a daily basis here than you likely will in your entire existence, so you might want to take a step back and chill out.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow...looks like we have a real Xmas prickola on our hands. Go away...for several 400 miles.

Last edited:

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
This kind of comment fit in on Facebook - not here...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums