• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Things you love about the G70

JeremyTD

Registered Member
Indianapolis
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If your ever parked pointed toward a fence or wall when you start up at night, watch the headlights do their shuck and jive wiggle dance. It’s like the lights are possessed for a short time as they come alive.
For some reason it makes me think of a Transformer. :sneaky:

Julius88

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I received a wireless charger from Genesis yesterday as some sort of "appreciation" gift. Totally unexpected...I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it, but it was a nice touch. For the 10+ years that I'd been with Audi, they never sent me anything of the sort.

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I received a wireless charger from Genesis yesterday as some sort of "appreciation" gift. Totally unexpected...I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it, but it was a nice touch. For the 10+ years that I'd been with Audi, they never sent me anything of the sort.
I use mine all the time for my iPhone X. Your right it is a nice touch. Kinda puts Genesis in a class of its own. I don't know of any other car company that sends an appreciation gift.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure if mentioned already, but I like how the Genesis app background changes by time of day to mimick the sunrise, sunset, day or night. Nice little touch.

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really like the Genesis app. 1st car Ive had with anything like this. The widget is so nice for quick one handed start commands.
HS.jpg

rob1124

Registered Member
West Palm Beach, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This might be a minor thing for others but I love having the Speed Limit show on the dash. I was considering getting a Volvo S60/S90 and seeing it on their dash always caught my attention and I am so glad that I get to have it on my G70. It is also pretty cool on a school zone how it automatically changes the speed limit to the new school zone limit with a yellow banner on top. I am wondering if this reflects all the time or just when the flashing lights are on during school drop off/pickup time.

1582214049446.png

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This might be a minor thing for others but I love having the Speed Limit show on the dash. I was considering getting a Volvo S60/S90 and seeing it on their dash always caught my attention and I am so glad that I get to have it on my G70. It is also pretty cool on a school zone how it automatically changes the speed limit to the new school zone limit with a yellow banner on top. I am wondering if this reflects all the time or just when the flashing lights are on during school drop off/pickup time.

View attachment 27034
for me the school zone thing is 24/7. Doesnt matter if the lights are flashing or not, it will always display those stretches of road as school zones and wont show the normal speed limit until you are past it

rob1124

Registered Member
West Palm Beach, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
for me the school zone thing is 24/7. Doesnt matter if the lights are flashing or not, it will always display those stretches of road as school zones and wont show the normal speed limit until you are past it
good to know. Thanks

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Me as well, anytime I'm in a school zone it will shows up with the 20mph zone speed, even if it's 3am. Evidently the G70 uses GPS to figure out the speed limits. This is good in some cases (read: Tesla being fooled into going 85mph in a 35mph zone) , but sometimes it doesn't know the posted speed limit.

I also really love the HUD. I don't think I can ever get a car without one now.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wish their database was more complete. My G70 doesn't know the speed limit on many of the secondary roads here. My wife's CX-5 reads the signs, so it always knows (pretty cool technology).

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine must be turned off. I have no speed limit indicator on mine at all. Guess I need to see how to enable this.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
1 yr and 25,000 miles later: Still the only one in my area // still average ~3 head turns every day.

It also helps keeping the car clean, btw. Don't care how nice or shitty a car is: a clean POS car looks nicer than a dirt/salt encrusted nice car. Which is maybe 9/10 of the people around here.

petraman

Happy HTRAC Season!
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I still love the looks.

On this past episode of Chasing Classic Cars, where they've got a super nice '63 Jag, the one thing I paused the show for was when they walked by a G70 like mine lol

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums