Tinting taillights

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
See if there's a way to get the Lamin-X or something similar installed by em and just pay for labor. Not doubting your skills, but they are the professionals who should be able to do it if possible.
I think you're right, a pro tinter could definitely do a way better job than me. They didn't want to use the Lamin x, though.

I'm just gonna call them and use the lighter tint and be done with it.

SuperCyclone20

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Update. Removed the Lamin-X, went to the shop that tinted my windows and had them tint my taillights.

It's darker than I wanted them (it was either this, or something much lighter than even the mild tint Lamin X). Even so, my wife really likes them this dark, so I guess they'll stay.

Before (Lamin X)...
View attachment 19823
View attachment 19824
View attachment 19825

After...

View attachment 19826
View attachment 19827
View attachment 19828

What do you think? Too dark?
Looks really clean, but a bit too dark for my taste.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Shop just finished with the lighter tint. It actually looks almost exactly the same as the Lamin X - except it is MUCH smoother. It's perfect! Can't even tell there is a film on there...

Hope everyone can learn from my experience. I love DIY, but evidently the Lamin-X is above my ability; or, our taillights are too shapely for it.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.