Type of bulbs for rear reverse and turn signal

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you. I just ordered and when on hand I will post the results since this ones are different and no feedback if are good on ours G70

Cool. Excited to hear about the results! I'm hoping they work out well.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
About 30 mins for me. Just 4 nuts and you can pull the out of the tail lights from the frame. Swap bulbs and put back in. 1 screw is a pain to reach you might need a small wrench and universal joint for 10mm socket.

Just do it slowly and don’t drop any nuts wiggle out the lights and you’ll be fine

I tried today starting with the back up lights meanwhile the ones for the blinkers arrives but to get the unit out is hard. I just decided not to continue since wondering if I brake the lens. So basically when the four nuts removed is the lens that need to be pulled away from the Car?. I tried but still solid there. Wondering if I’m missing something here.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I tried today starting with the back up lights meanwhile the ones for the blinkers arrives but to get the unit out is hard. I just decided not to continue since wondering if I brake the lens. So basically when the four nuts removed is the lens that need to be pulled away from the Car?. I tried but still solid there. Wondering if I’m missing something here.
That’s how I felt at first but kinda all there is to it. It’s definitely a little stiff and hard to pull out. I just wiggled it loose and it pulls at a slight angle not super straight

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That’s how I felt at first but kinda all there is to it. It’s definitely a little stiff and hard to pull out. I just wiggled it loose and it pulls at a slight angle not super straight

Well then I will try again this time more confident. Thx.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well then I will try again this time more confident. Thx.

Well, definitely this time was way easier. Since the left side was giving me hard time to be pulled out, I tried right side first and this one was very easy to remove. Having an idea then which way I should wiggle it, then I did the left and voila! done. I guess left side was a little more sticky in the frame. I tested and no cluster message posted. Now to wait for the blinkers one arrives expecting them for next week.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, definitely this time was way easier. Since the left side was giving me hard time to be pulled out, I tried right side first and this one was very easy to remove. Having an idea then which way I should wiggle it, then I did the left and voila! done. I guess left side was a little more sticky in the frame. I tested and no cluster message posted. Now to wait for the blinkers one arrives expecting them for next week.

I received the Blinkers and are installed today. No cluster msg posted and no hyper flash. To be honest i'm not sure if i'm happy with the color since are so bright that the impression when they are on is are more white than yellow. Hard to explain. I will post a short video and compared with front and side mirrows ones to have an idea what i'm saying.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I received the Blinkers and are installed today. No cluster msg posted and no hyper flash. To be honest i'm not sure if i'm happy with the color since are so bright that the impression when they are on is are more white than yellow. Hard to explain. I will post a short video and compared with front and side mirrows ones to have an idea what i'm saying.

Nice! Glad to hear that they're working. Looks like we have at least two choices in LED bulbs now.

Looking forward to the video. Thanks for keeping us updated!

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Nd1017

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would love to see that video, interesting that it appears white since th
I ordered the same bulbs you got (backup and turn lights) They will be arriving today and tomorrow. Does the turn light look to bright at night? That's the only thing I'm worried about those bulbs.
they are pretty bright. I posted videos on here that might give a better idea

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered the same bulbs you got (backup and turn lights) They will be arriving today and tomorrow. Does the turn light look to bright at night? That's the only thing I'm worried about those bulbs.

Here are two short videos. I think they are too bright for my taste as I mentioned before. And I believe the fact that the lens is clear bring more white than yellow compare to the front ones.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry, i don't think videos went through. The forum is telling me the file extension is not valid. Are MOV. anyone knows how i can fix this? what extension is allow? i sent then from my iPhone photo library.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry, i don't think videos went through. The forum is telling me the file extension is not valid. Are MOV. anyone knows how i can fix this? what extension is allow? i sent then from my iPhone photo library.
I just uploaded mine to google photos and shared that way. You can do it that way or YouTube. I'm not sure about what format is allowed on forum. And yeah that's interesting mine matches the amber of the fronts and mirror. Maybe the LED you bought have a different temp so they're more white

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think that for videos you need a third party hosting website.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just uploaded mine to google photos and shared that way. You can do it that way or YouTube. I'm not sure about what format is allowed on forum. And yeah that's interesting mine matches the amber of the fronts and mirror. Maybe the LED you bought have a different temp so they're more white
Good to know because I bough the exact same as yours, the Lasfit 1156.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

That's exactly what i was trying to avoid since when i saw your video did not give me the impression that i having with this ones. But like i said, your's won't be shipped to Canada and that is why went behind the SiriusLED's.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's exactly what i was trying to avoid since when i saw your video did not give me the impression that i having with this ones. But like i said, your's won't be shipped to Canada and that is why went behind the SiriusLED's.
Sorry to hear that. At least now if someone wants at whiter light they know which one to get. You took one for the team.

We thank you for your service 🙏

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Is there a good video tutorial showing exactly how to easily access the front turn signal bulbs on a 2015 Genesis?

All I know is I have to take that big plastic cover off, hoping that is it.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners