US dealers who actually have the G70 available for sale.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Stopped by Safford Genesis just south of DC today. Took a look at at a 3.3 Sport in Mallorca Blue but I don't think that colour is for me. They gave me a good deal but I decided to put in for a gray version instead.

While I was there talking to the manager, having parked the G70 out front, another customer wondered up, started looking at it, then took it for a spin. I don't imagine it'll be around very long.

Bunch of other 3.3s and 2.0 on the lot too.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Had my wife's 2015 Sonata 2.0T serviced at Orlando Hyundai
(and Genesis) today. Walked around and found they have one 2019 Silver G80 and:

Four G70's.

One 3.3T Sport. Adriatic Blue. Black interior with Red Trim.
MSRP $51xxx. (Can't remember exact price. - Hate the black chrome but beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

One 3.3T Prestige. Adriatic Blue. AWD. Black interior Gray trim. MSRP $49620.

One 2.0T Elite Havana Red. RWD.
MSRP $41125.

One 2.0T Elite Casablanca White.
MSRP $41450.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Had my wife's 2015 Sonata 2.0T serviced at Orlando Hyundai
(and Genesis) today. Walked around and found they have one 2019 Silver G80 and:

Four G70's.

One 3.3T Sport. Adriatic Blue. Black interior with Red Trim.
MSRP $51xxx. (Can't remember exact price. - Hate the black chrome but beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

One 3.3T Prestige. Adriatic Blue. AWD. Black interior Gray trim. MSRP $49620.

One 2.0T Elite Havana Red. RWD.
MSRP $41125.

One 2.0T Elite Casablanca White.
MSRP $41450.
Which one did you buy? ;)

I live in Los Angeles and as far as I knew, there were NO dealerships in the greater Los Angeles area, San Diego, mid state or up north. The closest one just opened recently in Palm Springs and before that, the closest were 2 dealerships in the Las Vegas, Nevada area.

Through my connections, I was able to find out the reason for this was because of a disagreement between the current Hyundai dealerships and Genesis of North America. Originally the dealerships were told they could sell both brands on the same lot, but then Genesis said no, you have to have a totally separate dealership, which of course meant more infrastructure cost, which the dealers balked at.

I work in the Valley and today I ran into a guy at a sandwich place I go to. I didn't really pay attention to his car as I was almost in the store when he pulled up and came in. Then after placing my order and turning around and looking out the window, there it was. I looked at the grill and knew it wasn't a regular G80, so I asked him, "Hey, is that a G80 Sport"? He replied, "No, actually it's a G70." I immediately replied, "How did you get a G70?" He then said, "I went to Phoenix, Arizona and bought it!" He then proceeded to tell me how driving it back he wanted to test out the adaptive cruise control and lane departure assist and film it. He said he actually ended up in the back seat filming allowing the car to drive itself. He said he had to get it smogged since he bought it out of state. I then asked him, "Well what about when you need service, are they going to send a car all the way from Phoenix, or the Palm Springs dealership?" He said, "Yea, I was worried about that too, but they just opened a dealership in Glendale, so no more worries!" I'll be heading over there this weekend to check them out!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I live in Los Angeles and as far as I knew, there were NO dealerships in the greater Los Angeles area, San Diego, mid state or up north. The closest one just opened recently in Palm Springs and before that, the closest were 2 dealerships in the Las Vegas, Nevada area.

Through my connections, I was able to find out the reason for this was because of a disagreement between the current Hyundai dealerships and Genesis of North America. Originally the dealerships were told they could sell both brands on the same lot, but then Genesis said no, you have to have a totally separate dealership, which of course meant more infrastructure cost, which the dealers balked at.

He said, "Yea, I was worried about that too, but they just opened a dealership in Glendale, so no more worries!" I'll be heading over there this weekend to check them out!
The dealers started getting codes a few weeks ago and as of last Saturday there were 30 California dealers issued codes and five showing inventory. Currently Glendale does not have any inventory listed but that could change, I would give it a few weeks.

Your connections are a little off in that they need to have a separate building (that was dropped quite awhile ago) but there has been a new dealer network rollout. There are many threads on here discussing it and I'm sure quite a few people would be happy to answer any questions should you have them.

Here is the thread concerning the new dealers that show inventory and also the list of dealers who Genesis has issued dealer codes to but have not yet showed inventory.

Dealers with 2019s

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
He then proceeded to tell me how driving it back he wanted to test out the adaptive cruise control and lane departure assist and film it. He said he actually ended up in the back seat filming allowing the car to drive itself.
If you take you hands off the wheel for about a minute, the LKAS will drop out and so will the cruise control. Sounds like a BS story in the back seat.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Looks like Utah is finally on the board !! They have dealer codes...not necessarily any inventory :)

Genesis of Lindon
Genesis of Murray
Woohoo I’m 30 min away from both...

Anything on Ken Garff Genesis Southtown (Sandy Utah)? They have been selling the G80/G90s for awhile but not the 70s. I think they are a Hyundai dealer that is trying to spin an arm off for Genesis.

Ken Garff Genesis Southtowne | New Genesis dealership in Sandy, UT 84070

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Woohoo I’m 30 min away from both...

Anything on Ken Garff Genesis Southtown (Sandy Utah)? They have been selling the G80/G90s for awhile but not the 70s. I think they are a Hyundai dealer that is trying to spin an arm off for Genesis.

Ken Garff Genesis Southtowne | New Genesis dealership in Sandy, UT 84070
Unfortunately no, currently those are the only two dealers in Utah to receive a code so far. Obviously that can change quickly now that Genesis/the state is ready.

The dealers started getting codes a few weeks ago and as of last Saturday there were 30 California dealers issued codes and five showing inventory. Currently Glendale does not have any inventory listed but that could change, I would give it a few weeks.

Your connections are a little off in that they need to have a separate building (that was dropped quite awhile ago) but there has been a new dealer network rollout. There are many threads on here discussing it and I'm sure quite a few people would be happy to answer any questions should you have them.

Here is the thread concerning the new dealers that show inventory and also the list of dealers who Genesis has issued dealer codes to but have not yet showed inventory.

Dealers with 2019s
Thanks for the information!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.