US dealers who actually have the G70 available for sale.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Richmond, VA dealers...couple of updates.

There should be 2 dealers...one on West Broad and the other on Midlo Turnpike.

The West Broad location finally got their crap together. They have their franchise license and have had 2019 inventory since late Dec. They are officially Genesis of North Richmond.

The one south of the river...who the F knows. Still no license. Called over there and nobody knows anything. Starting to wonder if they bailed on the whole thing or not. They are losing out big time. Tons of dealers north (NOVA)...including the North Richmond one. Also east (several around Norfolk/VA Beach). Also south in NC. There is a dealer way west in Roanoke...but thinking that's not competition.

As for the existing location...I see that both their G70's might have been sold.

Anyone on here from Richmond, VA (or surrounding) that purchased a G70? Or am I still the only one in town with one? :)

The Carrot Cake Kid

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis of Troy in Michigan appears to have gotten a decent inventory of G70s very recently.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The dealers are the source for the listings but not all dealers do third party marketing on sites such as cars.com, autotrader.com and car gurus.com.
Thank you TurtleBoy for always having great info to share!

Is there anything you’ve found on the Genesis build site that allows actualy searching for an exact trim package and color?

The above-noted sites are limited by what is submitted and the individual dealer links don’t always link to inventory and those aren’t necessarily accurate either.

Thank you!!

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got an email from Genesis of Bend (OR), they are expecting G70's to come in on this Thursday (1/10/19).

Previously, they told me they were going to get them earlier, but evidently that didn't happen. No details on which trims or colors they'll be getting.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thank you TurtleBoy for always having great info to share!

Is there anything you’ve found on the Genesis build site that allows actualy searching for an exact trim package and color?
Unfortunately I haven't and the search functions on Genesis' site are very limited. Had I designed it (always in an old computer geek's blood ;)) there would be search function available after you do a build that would show any cars in dealers' inventory that match the build.

It could be that they don't provide that functionality on purpose since there may limited quantities of certain combinations and they want you to visit the local dealer and they will try and sell you what is available.

Along that point, a salesman that I email every so often told me that the buyers of the G70 are the most picky that he has run across. He said in general, they have a certain trim, color, etc. in mind and that is what they want and won't buy anything else. He said usually people can be persuaded to compromise in order to get a car but G70 buyers just seem to be waiting it out until the exact match comes along.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Unfortunately I haven't and the search functions on Genesis' site are very limited. Had I designed it (always in an old computer geek's blood ;)) there would be search function available after you do a build that would show any cars in dealers' inventory that match the build.

It could be that they don't provide that functionality on purpose since there may limited quantities of certain combinations and they want you to visit the local dealer and they will try and sell you what is available.

Along that point, a salesman that I email every so often told me that the buyers of the G70 are the most picky that he has run across. He said in general, they have a certain trim, color, etc. in mind and that is what they want and won't buy anything else. He said usually people can be persuaded to compromise in order to get a car but G70 buyers just seem to be waiting it out until the exact match comes along.
I could see that. When I buy one, it's going to be a 3.3T Sport AWD Himalayan Gray with the gray stitching. If it's not that, not gonna buy it. It seems most people on here have had that same mentality.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
When I leased my 2011 Elanta for $129 / month in 2011 it was such a great deal I was ok with not getting my preferred exterior and interior colors.

With the 3.3T costing close to $50,000, not to mention all this waiting around, especially in California, I feel I should get my first choice. That said, I have not actually seen every color and trim, and I’m still unsure whether the adaptive suspension on the sport will make a difference to me.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
We have our first 2 California dealers!!!! They have their dealer codes anyway...

• Genesis of Palm Springs (two 2.0T in stock)
  • Genesis of La Quinta
Now that the legal issues are apparently resolved...dealers should be flying on board...hopefully.

Last edited:

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone on here from Richmond, VA (or surrounding) that purchased a G70? Or am I still the only one in town with one? :)
I'm up in NoVA and hope to be getting one in the next few months (or at least placing an order and waiting).

For folks in Washington DC, Safford Genesis has a bunch. One 3.3 and a handful of 2.0s on the lot.

I stopped in to sit in one and they let me drive the 2.0 around the lot (I was very explicit that I wasn't ready to buy just yet and I didn't want to be rude and put any miles on oen of their cars). Positive first experience at the dealer.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm up in NoVA and hope to be getting one in the next few months (or at least placing an order and waiting).

For folks in Washington DC, Safford Genesis has a bunch. One 3.3 and a handful of 2.0s on the lot.

I stopped in to sit in one and they let me drive the 2.0 around the lot (I was very explicit that I wasn't ready to buy just yet and I didn't want to be rude and put any miles on oen of their cars). Positive first experience at the dealer.
There are 3 dealers in NOVA actually. Alexandria, Springfield and Woodbridge.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
While making an appointment to service my wife's Sonata at Orlando Hyundai, I was told they (Orlando Genesis) have ten 2019's in stock. Decided to check what other dealers have them in stock.

Orlando; North Orlando (Winter Park); Clermont (Winter Garden) and Melbourne. Perhaps others.

Warning to out of State buyers. Unless you take car away on a truck or trailer, you must pay State Sales Tax. I hear horror stories on your home state not getting that tax money from Florida. If you drive it away, you pay the tax plus you may also pay an additional tax on your home state.

Of all the bad things I could say about New York State, a good thing when buying in NYS is that you get a paper plate "Certificate of Transit" that gives you 30 days to get car out of state. Pay no tax to NYS, then pay tax in your state.
I've done it.

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Only 2 G70s for sale at the only Delaware dealer. Wish I could see all of the colors in person before making a selection.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
It seems most people on here have had that same mentality.
Yep! I have a Hyundai/Genesis dealer 5 minutes from my house.

Drove 3 hours to buy my '12 R-Spec because it was the nearest one that hadn't been marred by a front license plate bracket. Also braved the WORST Long Island traffic for 8 hours total to pick up my brown '14 Santa Fe!

If you're gonna spend so much money on something, you should never settle!

WWIAFTM

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I can add that North Freeway Hyundai (Genesis of Spring?) north of Houston, TX had three G70s yesterday at around lunch time. All were 3.3T's. I took one for a test drive and it's great fun. Very much looking forward to getting one ASAP.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I can add that North Freeway Hyundai (Genesis of Spring?) north of Houston, TX had three G70s yesterday at around lunch time. All were 3.3T's. I took one for a test drive and it's great fun. Very much looking forward to getting one ASAP.
Hopefully you get one soon. They were flowing into Texas this week, there are now 15 dealers showing inventory.

Dealers with 2019s

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.