US dealers who actually have the G70 available for sale.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Buy a car and get yourself a gyro and hummus while you’re there. Just don’t eat it in your new car...don’t want to mess us those beautiful nappa leather seats. 😀
Haha! When I parked my g80 sport next to those 5 g70's, 4 guys came out and they were more interested in my car than g70's :D

I don't eat in my cars, that's the rule #1

Thread starter #682

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Haha! When I parked my g80 sport next to those 5 g70's, 4 guys came out and they were more interested in my car than g70's :D

I don't eat in my cars, that's the rule #1
Understandable. The G80 Sports I’ve seen have always caught my attention. Do you have a post somewhere on the forums where you have compared the G70 to the G80? I’m strongly leaning G70, but I haven’t ruled out the G80 Sport. Thanks!

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Long story. Dealer experience. Skip if disinterested.

Been following the G70 threads here a while and thought I would share a little experience regarding dealership availability since I saw the North Plainfield NJ location mentioned. Being from Texas, I have not had an opportunity to see a G70 in person, much less test-drive one yet. However, I had business in New York last week and knew that the N.Plainfield location had 13 cars listed and thought I would take a side trip for a test drive. It did not go well.

First off, this dealership is currently set up as an “Auto Mall” that carries more than one badge. Second, I was met in the parking lot as I stepped out of my rental car by a salesman who, by the 3rd sentence, was asking me “what it would take to get me into a new car today”. I told him that I was only interested in the G70 and that my hope was to test drive the 2.0 and 3.3 for comparison. He asked what color I was interested in and I told him any color in those two engines would be fine because I was more interested in drive characteristics at this point. He then told me that he would have to get GM approval for the 3.3 because they didn’t want “just any punk to take out that car - way to powerful”. I said no problem and was happy to talk to the GM directly if he felt it would help prove I was no punk (I’m almost 50). He then went back into sales mode and started to ask what features, technology or, again, color interested me. I once again told him I was only interested in comparing drive handling for both vehicles.

Sensing he wasn’t getting anywhere with the sales push, he asked directly “are you even planning to buy today?”. Me, “not without a test drive, no”. He then noticed the rental car had Florida plates and asked if I even lived in NJ. I told him that, no I was actually from Texas and have been following the G70 story for a while and wanted to see it in person. He asked why I didn’t just test drive it in Texas? (So, he either didn’t know or didn’t care that they are still not available in TX) I tell him why. He then says that he can get me the keys for both cars, but that I would be unable to take either for a test drive because “the GM would require a credit check to see if I would be eligible for financing before allowing me to take either car out.” I told him that I would happily leave a copy of my DL and auto insurance, but I would not authorize a credit check just for a test drive. He just shrugged his shoulders and stared at me. I told him to get the keys so that I could at least look inside of the cars he had on the lot. He brought back 2 key fobs, pointed to the two cars from inside the lobby and told me to bring the keys back when I was done because he needed to focus on other people who actually wanted to buy a car. Both cars he provided the keys for were parked with other vehicles on all 4 sides so driving the car would be impossible. I spent an hour going over each car and left the keys with the receptionist and left.

I was there an hour and 10 minutes and it was definitely not the “Genesis Experience” that Genesis corporate is interested in promoting with this car. Honestly, it was a pretty poor experience for any car brand really. Final thoughts (as of 12/1):

• They did have almost all the colors (except the Dynamic and Design editions)
  • They had no 6MT
  • One black 3.3 already had damage on the right front bumper from parking another car a bit too close
  • All the cars were filthy and the dark chrome door handles really showed finger smudges
  • All the cars had the dealer decal sticker added to the trunk lid and it is bad, real bad
  • All the cars included the additional accessory items (mud guards, trunk appliqué, wheel locks, cargo tray, first aid kit)

If you’d like any other details, feel free to talk to Joe - I’m sure he’d be happy to help!

(I'm happy to move this post if it belongs elsewhere)

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis Wichita (Hatchett dealership) has G70s on lot. They currently only have the 2.0 and sold one yesterday. The Genesis person to talk to there is Scott Parrett. I think they are the first Kansas dealership.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis Wichita (Hatchett dealership) has G70s on lot. They currently only have the 2.0 and sold one yesterday. The Genesis person to talk to there is Scott Parrett. I think they are the first Kansas dealership.
Yes, currently they are the only dealer in Kansas and no others are on the radar yet.

Thread starter #687

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
We got our allocation today for our first 13 cars. 8 of which are G70s. Nice mix of engines, trims, and colors. Should be here in a week or 2.
Thank you for update. It is nice to have some forum members who have a dealer affiliation. Having a mix of consumers and those in the auto field definitely keep the discussions useful.

In addition to Steve Parrett, I have been contacted by Jack Stevens from the Wichita dealership. They have several 2019s, but for G70 currently only have the 2.0.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
We got our allocation today for our first 13 cars. 8 of which are G70s. Nice mix of engines, trims, and colors. Should be here in a week or 2.
The first 7 of our allocation will be here by this weekend. 3 G70s and 4 G80s. The remaining 6 cars will be here by Jan 6th. At least I think that's what they said in our meeting this morning. I hadn't had enough coffee at time, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Thread starter #691

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Long story. Dealer experience. Skip if disinterested.

Been following the G70 threads here a while and thought I would share a little experience regarding dealership availability since I saw the North Plainfield NJ location mentioned. Being from Texas, I have not had an opportunity to see a G70 in person, much less test-drive one yet. However, I had business in New York last week and knew that the N.Plainfield location had 13 cars listed and thought I would take a side trip for a test drive. It did not go well.

First off, this dealership is currently set up as an “Auto Mall” that carries more than one badge. Second, I was met in the parking lot as I stepped out of my rental car by a salesman who, by the 3rd sentence, was asking me “what it would take to get me into a new car today”. I told him that I was only interested in the G70 and that my hope was to test drive the 2.0 and 3.3 for comparison. He asked what color I was interested in and I told him any color in those two engines would be fine because I was more interested in drive characteristics at this point. He then told me that he would have to get GM approval for the 3.3 because they didn’t want “just any punk to take out that car - way to powerful”. I said no problem and was happy to talk to the GM directly if he felt it would help prove I was no punk (I’m almost 50). He then went back into sales mode and started to ask what features, technology or, again, color interested me. I once again told him I was only interested in comparing drive handling for both vehicles.

Sensing he wasn’t getting anywhere with the sales push, he asked directly “are you even planning to buy today?”. Me, “not without a test drive, no”. He then noticed the rental car had Florida plates and asked if I even lived in NJ. I told him that, no I was actually from Texas and have been following the G70 story for a while and wanted to see it in person. He asked why I didn’t just test drive it in Texas? (So, he either didn’t know or didn’t care that they are still not available in TX) I tell him why. He then says that he can get me the keys for both cars, but that I would be unable to take either for a test drive because “the GM would require a credit check to see if I would be eligible for financing before allowing me to take either car out.” I told him that I would happily leave a copy of my DL and auto insurance, but I would not authorize a credit check just for a test drive. He just shrugged his shoulders and stared at me. I told him to get the keys so that I could at least look inside of the cars he had on the lot. He brought back 2 key fobs, pointed to the two cars from inside the lobby and told me to bring the keys back when I was done because he needed to focus on other people who actually wanted to buy a car. Both cars he provided the keys for were parked with other vehicles on all 4 sides so driving the car would be impossible. I spent an hour going over each car and left the keys with the receptionist and left.

I was there an hour and 10 minutes and it was definitely not the “Genesis Experience” that Genesis corporate is interested in promoting with this car. Honestly, it was a pretty poor experience for any car brand really. Final thoughts (as of 12/1):

• They did have almost all the colors (except the Dynamic and Design editions)
  • They had no 6MT
  • One black 3.3 already had damage on the right front bumper from parking another car a bit too close
  • All the cars were filthy and the dark chrome door handles really showed finger smudges
  • All the cars had the dealer decal sticker added to the trunk lid and it is bad, real bad
  • All the cars included the additional accessory items (mud guards, trunk appliqué, wheel locks, cargo tray, first aid kit)

If you’d like any other details, feel free to talk to Joe - I’m sure he’d be happy to help!

(I'm happy to move this post if it belongs elsewhere)
Thank you for perfectly illustrating exactly why Genesis wanted to shrink its dealerships down to get rid of this kind of customer treatment. That said, it’s possible this guy is an outlier and that the owner of the dealership and Genesis corporate would want to know that this salesperson has now put a well-publicized stain on the Genesis brand.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.