Welcome to the JB4 Discussion and Support Forum

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
finally got plugs done - took them 2.5 hours and got them to fit JB4 too - yay. Still need to do more miles though so I am resisting.

Interesting to note the default setting once you connect to it is to set it to MAP 1. Set it MAP 0 until I've got some more miles under my belt.

Is it possible that just plugs will make it more peppy on their own or is it just loosening up?
You will not feel a difference with the plugs...I didn't anyway.

I waited 1k miles before I started using mine.

So...the shop ran the ODBII cable for you...to the JB4 unit? I put 3M velcro on the bottom of my JB4 and it sits on top of the fuse box. I strapped the Bluetooth unit to the JB4 with some velcro straps.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi Beefer, yes the velcro is a good idea - think I will duplicate that cheers

Greenie1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, we're here and ready to help make these cars faster! :)
Greenie
I am looking forward to having my tuner an plugs installed tomorrow and resting it later this week. I’m sure I will have question forthcoming. Looking forward to improved performance

Greenie1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Greenie
I am looking forward to having my tuner an plugs installed tomorrow and resting it later this week. I’m sure I will have question forthcoming. Looking forward to improved performance
Did a drive today with 37 other cars. You name it and it was there. The G70 with new JB4 tuner 93 octane map 2, was the shocker. Top Speed 173! Tuner is learning the car and it keeps improving. Great addition.

Trident086547

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, we're here and ready to help make these cars faster! :)
LOL, Well!, I just got my JB4 for Christmas. The box says "installation instructions" at your address however I don't find anything but a $27.95 mobile app. Where are the instructions and how do I access them, simple I should think>
Thomas Smith

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL, Well!, I just got my JB4 for Christmas. The box says "installation instructions" at your address however I don't find anything but a $27.95 mobile app. Where are the instructions and how do I access them, simple I should think>
Thomas Smith
Go to about the middle of the page, you'll see where it says to download the install guide.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Go to about the middle of the page, you'll see where it says to download the install guide.

Just in case you dont know about this site - register and read, loads of hints and tips throughout but page 1 always has the latest firmware related information and upgrade stuff. Kia & Hyundai JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

cdpratt69

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I feel like such a newbie here and can't find the answer to a couple questions. First, how am I supposed to go about driving the car (g70 3.3t) once I have the JB4 installed? Mine was on Map 1 as a default, and after the install my car ran badly on Map 1. I didn't push it and after a 10 mile gentle ride I changed to Map 0 and everything ran well. So what's going on there on Map 1?

Next question... I know I read something somewhere about a break-in period after the JB4 install, but I can't find that. Are there some post-install instructions somewhere I am missing?

Thanks in advance for an help.

cdpratt69

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Greenie
What do you mean by "resting it"? That's what I am trying to figure out. What am I supposed to do post install with the JB4 on my G70 3.3t? I cam't find any real specific instructions on how to run it after the install. I have the app hooked up and am running map 0 now.

Greenie1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What do you mean by "resting it"? That's what I am trying to figure out. What am I supposed to do post install with the JB4 on my G70 3.3t? I cam't find any real specific instructions on how to run it after the install. I have the app hooked up and am running map 0 now.
Testing not resting

Greenie1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Testing not resting
Mine has been installed and I have “TESTED” 5 maps with different E85 ratios and straight 93. Cars runs great performance is definitely improved. Best performance has been Map4 with about 30% E85. I also have a burger intake on it.

cdpratt69

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine has been installed and I have “TESTED” 5 maps with different E85 ratios and straight 93. Cars runs great performance is definitely improved. Best performance has been Map4 with about 30% E85. I also have a burger intake on it.
Did it run fine the very first time you drove on anything other than Map 0?
You will not feel a difference with the plugs...I didn't anyway.

I waited 1k miles before I started using mine.

So...the shop ran the ODBII cable for you...to the JB4 unit? I put 3M velcro on the bottom of my JB4 and it sits on top of the fuse box. I strapped the Bluetooth unit to the JB4 with some velcro straps.
So why did you wait 1000 miles before using your JB4?

Greenie1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did it run fine the very first time you drove on anything other than Map 0?

So why did you wait 1000 miles before using your JB4?
My car drove exactly the same on map 0 and ran great on maps 1 and 2. from the second it was installed. The night i got it installed I went out with a buddy of mine who has the same car with no tuner and the difference was night and day. It was not only much quicker from a stop but was also able to reel him in on the higher end. I did also have the plugs installed at the same time. I did not try maps 3-5 until i put in E85, which was about 6 weeks later and the car ran amazingly. From what I read, the plugs are not recommended for better performance necessarily, but to address and blow out issue that exist with the stock plugs and this motor.

Greenie1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
phThe car did seem perform even better the more I drove it and the tuner learned the car and my driving. The first time the car bogged down at 167MPH which made me think it had a governor, but it actually does not. later the car reached 173MPH without bogging down at all.

aliahmadi

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

Ok, had some free time today and I though I would try dragy for the first time. Keep in mind, I had 3/4 tank of fuel and some junk stuff inside the trunk + my backpack with a Nikon gear, that's another ~20lb. lol

That's a AWD 4600lb. pig 0-60=4.7sec. not bad I'd say ;)
Have you tried any quarter mile or 60-130mph pulls? I'm on the fence about trading in my Rspec 5.0 for a G80 sport and want to know if the top end in a tuned G80 is any better than my car. Best 60-130 mph I've gotten is 12 seconds flat.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Have you tried any quarter mile or 60-130mph pulls? I'm on the fence about trading in my Rspec 5.0 for a G80 sport and want to know if the top end in a tuned G80 is any better than my car. Best 60-130 mph I've gotten is 12 seconds flat.

I haven't try it and probably it won't happen, but I can assure you, car pulls like crazy from ~70 to ~140. That's all I need.

garygbnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is the best place to ask questions and get answers about the JB4 tune for Genesis cars. The JB4 works with both the 2.0T and 3.3TT engines. Please start a new topic for your question - or reply to another topic if your question is already being discussed.

Thank you!
I am looking for a 2019 G70 3.3 awd white ext, blk int. As soon as I find it I will be upping the hp. jp4, bms intake, oil catch can. I see very few owners talking about changing the exhaust. I take it that the exhaust is efficient and that even with 100 more bhp the oem exhaust is sufficient. Is this true? If not then what is the recommended exhaust change? I do not wish to be "droned" to death while driving. Thanks. gbg1672@gmail.com Osprey, FL

Peter C

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just bought a JB4 for my G70 2.0T, what plugs do you guys recommend if any are necessary, I have read a lot and only see specifics for the 3.3t.
Just trying to barely keep up with my brothers 2021 G70 3.3T Sport. Thanks

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums