Welcome to the JB4 Discussion and Support Forum

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ok, I spoke with the owner and he said all those readings are at the wheels - WHP

So, 382/462 are WHP not HP... and ~427HP/517TQ at the crank! time to update my sig. lol

This.

Like mentioned previously, manufacturers rate power numbers at the crankshaft. Dynojet, on the other hand, traditionally calculates things at the wheels, which includes roughly a 15% drivetrain power loss. Usually the 3.3T is going to measure around 330whp, stock (which is actually really good).

In addition to this, each Dyno will have read a little different than others, even of they're the same type. It's tough to compare power output between other people's cars, so I think it's usually best to just measure power increase within your own car - exactly like dareckibmw did. His peak HP numbers look good, but the overall gains under the curve are even better.

Temple, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Even more so after going to the drag strip on Friday night October 12, 2018 and got beat by a bone stock Volkswagen Jetta GLI 2.0L turbo by about half a car length that only had a tune done. Did two runs. The first run was dead even. The second run was when he beat me by about half a car length. I did beat a few mustangs and Camaros though 😁

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Even more so after going to the drag strip on Friday night October 12, 2018 and got beat by a bone stock Volkswagen Jetta GLI 2.0L turbo by about half a car length that only had a tune done. Did two runs. The first run was dead even. The second run was when he beat me by about half a car length. I did beat a few mustangs and Camaros though 😁
A bone stock tuned Jetta. :p They're very quick...

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I had no idea. After the run I was sure you had a bunch of work done to it. He told me it was just a tune and popped the hood. I couldn’t freaking believe it
You know how it is. Boosted cars are very easy to make fast...The G70 with a JB4 is going to be fast...

rfs830

KY
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is great news to hear. I am looking to get a g80 here in soon but wanted a little more power. I have been looking at all the tunes for the stinger so im glad to see that someone has tried it out on the g80.

Any way you can do a 0 - 60 time? I know mid range has picked up but wanted to see if 0 to 60 also picked up. I think stock sport awd is 5secs to 60.

Temple, TX
Genesis Model Type
This is great news to hear. I am looking to get a g80 here in soon but wanted a little more power. I have been looking at all the tunes for the stinger so im glad to see that someone has tried it out on the g80.

Any way you can do a 0 - 60 time? I know mid range has picked up but wanted to see if 0 to 60 also picked up. I think stock sport awd is 5secs to 60.
My guess is you’d be looking at around 4.5 seconds with map2

rfs830

KY
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just hope I can find a place to install and gap the new spark plugs. I do some engine stuff but I dont really have the tools to install spark plugs. Might have to read up on how to do them or see if a good local shop can do them for me.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just hope I can find a place to install and gap the new spark plugs. I do some engine stuff but I dont really have the tools to install spark plugs. Might have to read up on how to do them or see if a good local shop can do them for me.
I'm sure that every shop would gapped, installed them w/o any problems. There is a video showing how to replace the one with the hardest access to it. Others are easy.

jailer

Been here awhile...
0-60 I think will be tough to really see some mind blowing number UNLESS you are really skilled at launching, Just a guess.......
The at-speed acceleration is where the most significant will be I think....but this dude here, in a Stinger, is showing right around 4 sec..... but I actually calculated a little less.. looks like high 3 second range. He's on map 2.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.