Welcome to the JB4 Discussion and Support Forum

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Ok, had some free time today and I though I would try dragy for the first time. Keep in mind, I had 3/4 tank of fuel and some junk stuff inside the trunk + my backpack with a Nikon gear, that's another ~20lb. lol

That's a AWD 4600lb. pig 0-60=4.7sec. not bad I'd say ;)

Attachments

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Ok, had some free time today and I though I would try dragy for the first time. Keep in mind, I had 3/4 tank of fuel and some junk stuff inside the trunk + my backpack with a Nikon gear, that's another ~20lb. lol

That's a AWD 4600lb. pig 0-60=4.7sec. not bad I'd say ;)
I thought bone stock was already in the 4.7 sec range?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I thought bone stock was already in the 4.7 sec range?
You're talking about G70 3.3tt which weigh ~700 lb. less than G80.
The G80 sport and 5.0 are in the same range of 5sec. I'm confident if I'd have 1/8 tank of fuel and better launch, I'd be at around 4.5sec. All done with Map2 and 93 octane.
If I had fuel wires and E85 added, I would probably get it done to ~4.2sec.

I'll try Map3 next time. Some guys says they run on 93 octane/Map3 w/o any problems.

daviderle

Registered Member
Ok, finally..... here are some numbers, car is stock, except the spark plugs. Recommended by Terry, I changed them to Denso 5346 and the car runs on 93 octane.

1st. pull was without the tune, so it was bone stock

2nd. pull - Map1

3rd. pull - Map2

All 3 pulls were in "Sport Mode" ....the car pulls like crazy now, a ~100tq more means something! lol

View attachment 15677
These are pretty impressive numbers, especially when compared to what we got on the 5.0 BTR flash cost and the hassle to get us there.
Well done my man, nicely done.(y)

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone installed the JB4 on the 2.0T? Curious if it's worth paying 500 bucks when I may only get 20 or so more WHP.

Also does the spark plug issue also apply to the 2.0 where I am going to have to regap them?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.