• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Welcome to the JB4 Discussion and Support Forum

JeremyTD

Registered Member
Indianapolis
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No I was planning on trying some Boostane over the summer so I got the HKS M45XL plugs. But never ended up going through buying any Boostane.
Plugs cost me about $125 CAD shipped from Japan.
Now I feel like I have to be a bit more aggressive to not foul it up since it is a colder plug!
Appreciate the quick response. I may get the JB4 without new plugs to start since you didn’t have any issues. Then go from there.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
The JB4 device appears to be designed well and effective but I’m curious.
We already know that the launch control on the car is more subdued compared to other cars in this class. We assume it’s to protect the standard automatic transmission in the car. Makes sense when you’re warranting it for 10 years. I’m curious on the longevity and reliability of the transmission on such power increases. Not sure if it surpasses or runs at the edge of the design limits. Can anybody shed some knowledgeable light on this?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Cherrmann

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I appreciate everyone's assistance, getting a different G70 now, engine seized in mine after putting on the JB4 (I assume it's not actually related, just bad timing)

brandon3_16

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Cherrman, I'm picking up my g70 on Monday (2.0t) now that it has been sometime since you put your tune on your car can you give us any additional feedback. Any misfires happening?

Cherrmann

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cherrman, I'm picking up my g70 on Monday (2.0t) now that it has been sometime since you put your tune on your car can you give us any additional feedback. Any misfires happening?
I ran with re-gapped stock plugs for a bit and had a few issues, bought new plugs and that went away. currently my G70 is in the shop getting a new engine the oil pump seized up in it (note: oil pump is chain driven right off the crankshaft). so as soon as I get it back I can give you more information.

brandon3_16

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your engine. Yes please throw some more feedback when you get it back. I talked to two seperate technicians at the hyundai/genesis dealership that I work at and both gave me the DO NOT TUNE THE CAR SPEECH. Apparently hyundai designed these engine with eco codes, I think he said 16 digits that will automatically change and store the new changed number once tuned. This code is not erasable and even if you go back to stock hyundai will know if the code changed if looked for it. Warranty would be void instantly. Anyone hear anything similar? I really want to tune this car but I know I run the risk.....

Mr.Issaburn3r

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is the best place to ask questions and get answers about the JB4 tune for Genesis cars. The JB4 works with both the 2.0T and 3.3TT engines. Please start a new topic for your question - or reply to another topic if your question is already being discussed.

Thank you!
I was wondering if the JB4 with optional bluetooth is really worth buying over the JB4 tuner? What benefits does it really have over the tuner. Also if I buy it where should I go for somewhere to put it in.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I was wondering if the JB4 with optional bluetooth is really worth buying over the JB4 tuner? What benefits does it really have over the tuner. Also if I buy it where should I go for somewhere to put it in.
the JB4 is really easy to install. As a plug 'n play item, it's probably easier than you think. Bluetooth connectivity is great as you can perform updates to the device over the air. It's also easier to change maps...

LostMy6MT

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your engine. Yes please throw some more feedback when you get it back. I talked to two seperate technicians at the hyundai/genesis dealership that I work at and both gave me the DO NOT TUNE THE CAR SPEECH. Apparently hyundai designed these engine with eco codes, I think he said 16 digits that will automatically change and store the new changed number once tuned. This code is not erasable and even if you go back to stock hyundai will know if the code changed if looked for it. Warranty would be void instantly. Anyone hear anything similar? I really want to tune this car but I know I run the risk.....
Are they talking about a flash Tune? I know with other cars(WRX/GTI) when flashed back to stock they can see that the car was flashed. Has to do with number of ignition cycles being out of whack. Not what was on it, but just that it was. I also know that with some porsches they can see peak boost and how many times the car was redlined. I'd be interested to know if this is a flash tuning thing, or if it's storing codes on overboost ore something like that.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums