• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Scale might just make them stick to the current plan even more. Profit margins on an app subscription must be pretty high for these companies.

What I don't understand is why I have to be within a mile to know my vehicle location. It's MY f$%king car. If I want to know where my dad took it to go get a pack of cigarettes 6 years ago, I should be able to know! But really I just want to be able to make sure nobody takes my car somewhere I don't want it (family or dealer). The valet alert only tells you there was a breach of distance, not how far or where it actually went.
Something to try. Instead of asking for location, send a door lock signal. I did it today and it come back and gave me the location within a few feet. I'm not far enough from my car to try it, but I wonder if it would lock and give an accurate location in the email.

Following along- - - we were at a medical office and I wanted to start the car to get the AC going. I was at the car before the app was able to start it. An aftermarket remote with fob would have had it going.

Kcdev43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Scale might just make them stick to the current plan even more. Profit margins on an app subscription must be pretty high for these companies.

What I don't understand is why I have to be within a mile to know my vehicle location. It's MY f$%king car. If I want to know where my dad took it to go get a pack of cigarettes 6 years ago, I should be able to know! But really I just want to be able to make sure nobody takes my car somewhere I don't want it (family or dealer). The valet alert only tells you there was a breach of distance, not how far or where it actually went.
I'm assuming its remote tracking.. We've seen incidents with bluelink where calling and talking to an agent gave you the ability to find your car. I'm sure the limitation through the app is a safety issue, but I could be wrong

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Could be the time you tried or your internet connection. I just started mine today and it was running before I got out of the market line and got to the car. Something wrong with your try.
Let me down twice today. Ir was 90+ here. My car was hot from sitting out and I made a one mile trip to pick up something. Since the car was hot, I shut if off, locked the doors and figured I'd start it with the remote so it could run until I got out of the store. I got a message that the system was down for maintenance and to try again later. Odd time to be down for maintenance.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Mine was successful at 3:43 PDT today. When did you try? You can check on the Remote ♾️ page under vehicle status history at the top right.
Tried first at noon, then tried twice at 6 PM EDT, then a few minutes later. It was working when I tried a couple of hours later. My guess is the message about maintenance is better than saying "oh shit, the server just went down"

When I did it at noon I was able to get to the car faster than the signal from BlueLink. I got a failure notice a few minutes later. It tried, but I was already at the car and opened it and started.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It would be an interesting experiment to go back to the exact same spot and try it again.
It is a medical offices building so we will be back there at some point.

If i start with the remote and I'm alone, no big deal. If my wife is with me I still have to open the car and push the brake to get the car running from the fob. Then I can let her in. If I open the passenger door first, it will stop after a short time if I don't get around. By the time she is seated, wheelchair in the trunk, the car will have shut down. Most of the time I just want to get the AC going for her comfort.

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't like that if I set my wallet or iPhone on the passenger seat, the chime comes on to tell the nonexistent passenger to buckle up. In my other cars, it take a lot more weight. Princess G70 knows when there's a pea under the mattress.
I put about 10 lbs of stuff from Home Depot in the passenger seat once and it did this, but lighter items no.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It is a medical offices building so we will be back there at some point.

If i start with the remote and I'm alone, no big deal. If my wife is with me I still have to open the car and push the brake to get the car running from the fob. Then I can let her in. If I open the passenger door first, it will stop after a short time if I don't get around. By the time she is seated, wheelchair in the trunk, the car will have shut down. Most of the time I just want to get the AC going for her comfort.
So you remote start the car, open the door for your wife and if you can’t haul butt around quick enough to get in your side the damn car shuts off? Not sure I like how Genesis programmed that function.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So you remote start the car, open the door for your wife and if you can’t haul butt around quick enough to get in your side the damn car shuts off? Not sure I like how Genesis programmed that function.
Yes, if that is all I had to do. I have to put a walker in the back seat or perhaps a wheelchair in the trunk and that takes much added time. Never timed it but there is a limit.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The tach and speedometer faces outwards. Normally this wouldn't bug me but since the fuel gauge is in the same circle as the speedo, you're not looking at it head one but from the left on an angle towards the right.
So when you fill up, from regular seating position it looks like it is a bit past the full line which is what most cars with an analog display would be like but if you look at it dead center, it is exactly at the max line. So it doesn't go past the max line.
This also means the meter is deceiving.

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something to try. Instead of asking for location, send a door lock signal. I did it today and it come back and gave me the location within a few feet. I'm not far enough from my car to try it, but I wonder if it would lock and give an accurate location in the email.

Following along- - - we were at a medical office and I wanted to start the car to get the AC going. I was at the car before the app was able to start it. An aftermarket remote with fob would have had it going.
This is a great workaround to finding the location of the car. It seems odd then that they can locate the car and just choose not to do it if you use the "locate my car" option.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes, if that is all I had to do. I have to put a walker in the back seat or perhaps a wheelchair in the trunk and that takes much added time. Never timed it but there is a limit.
Thanks. Sympathetize with you. When I went down on my Harley, broke my knee and elbow so have loaded a wheelchair before, then walker, crouches, to a cane and finally walking on my own. During that time there is no way I could be hustling to put stuff up and get my butt in the car.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can also set boundaries for the vehicle. You get notifications of the car goes beyond the boundaries set by you.

I bought the car 2.5 hours away from my house but couldn't pick it up for a couple days. I set a boundary via the app for 5 miles from its location at the dealership and it notified me when it exceeded the 5 mile boundary and by how much (they were getting it detailed at their facility down the street.) It also notified me when it started and the doors were unlocked.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I dislike the push button lock and unlock on the door handles. Old school compared to other cars in its class. I also dont like not having an oil pressure gauge unless I'm missing where it is from the menu. I have oil temp, turbo boost pressure, but no oil pressure gauge? Also, the car isnt as quiet as the reviews make it seem at least with the sport's tires.