• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I dislike the push button lock and unlock on the door handles. Old school compared to other cars in its class. I also dont like not having an oil pressure gauge unless I'm missing where it is from the menu. I have oil temp, turbo boost pressure, but no oil pressure gauge? Also, the car isnt as quiet as the reviews make it seem at least with the sport's tires.
I thought the reviews were talking about the exhaust note being quiet. Not exactly the loudest exhaust in its class.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Following along- - - we were at a medical office and I wanted to start the car to get the AC going. I was at the car before the app was able to start it. An aftermarket remote with fob would have had it going.
So a week later, the app failed me again. We were in a hospital for a couple of hours. While there, I connected to the wi-fi and locked the doors on the car. I got a notification it worked.

Now a good hour later we are leaving. I took my wife to the door in a wheelchair to wait while I went for the car a distance away. Used the app to send the "start" but got a message back "failed to connect to server" It was 92 degrees and the car sitting in the sun.

I don't use it very often but may look into getting an aftermarket remote installed. Fortunately, the AC works well and by the time I got back to pick her up it was tolerable, but it did piss me off.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought the reviews were talking about the exhaust note being quiet. Not exactly the loudest exhaust in its class.
I was referring to the interior quietness. There's more tire and wind noise than I thought there would be. The Mercedes and BMW are much quieter inside. I dont mind aggressive exhaust. This car sounds ok for a V6.

Dresulam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was referring to the interior quietness. There's more tire and wind noise than I thought there would be. The Mercedes and BMW are much quieter inside. I dont mind aggressive exhaust. This car sounds ok for a V6.
I agree with you Cgo. I test drove a G70 3.3T and a Volvo S60 T6 R-Design polestar optimization back to back. The G70 is definitely louder in terms of tire and road noise. The exhaust noise is nice but I prefer the visceral sound of the BMW 340i or MB C43 AMG

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree with you Cgo. I test drove a G70 3.3T and a Volvo S60 T6 R-Design polestar optimization back to back. The G70 is definitely louder in terms of tire and road noise. The exhaust noise is nice but I prefer the visceral sound of the BMW 340i or MB C43 AMG
The G70 is very nice but I think the reviews have been slightly overrated. It is definitely a better value than the German competition; however, let's face it, it is in fact a value bin "luxury" car.

I'm a bit skeptical about the reliability though. Mine has 600 miles and already has an issue with the seat, theres an audible "wobble" at 50+ mph, and my parking sensors have been activating at traffic stops.

Minor stuff but hopefully not a forecast.

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I have finally found one thing I don't care for on my G70. I don't like the ISG system and I wish I could turn it off and leave it off. My only complaint with the car.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I have finally found one thing I don't care for on my G70. I don't like the ISG system and I wish I could turn it off and leave it off. My only complaint with the car.
Switch is to the left of the gear shift. Trick to keep it off is to wedge a guitar pick to the side of the button while pressing it down. Or something else with similar thickness.

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Switch is to the left of the gear shift. Trick to keep it off is to wedge a guitar pick to the side of the button while pressing it down. Or something else with similar thickness.
I know I can do that. But I guess my thing is, I shouldn't have to. I should be able to turn it off and it stays off till I turn it back on again. I don't want to run around with a guitar pick sticking out of a button on my console.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know I can do that. But I guess my thing is, I shouldn't have to. I should be able to turn it off and it stays off till I turn it back on again. I don't want to run around with a guitar pick sticking out of a button on my console.
Well you can’t and you probably never will.

The pick does not need to stick out. A ton of Stinger and G70 (2.0T) owners do this.

apothnyc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Been three weeks....LOVE my Himalayan Grey 3.3T Sport. Drove it home to LA from Palm Springs and was totally impressed with 32 MPG(!)...No A/C as it was unseasonably cool.... but still impressive. BUT....I have a 8 mile daily commute through the canyons (no freeway) and boy is she thirsty. ECO mode doesn't seem to help much or diminish the fun factor. Coming from 3 years in a BMW i3 this is quite a change (obviously). Hoping gas prices go down soon!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's because surrounding cars sensors interfere with your car sensors. This is common with other brands and is not a G70 fault
Even the manual references this happening when other car brands are around - I guess certain parking/proximity sensors tend to interfere with each other. Sometimes if a Tesla is in front of me while at a light, I'll get an occasional parking sensor warning. Same thing with some Ford's and Range Rovers. 99% of the time though, no problems with the sensors while at a light (or any other time, for that matter).

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Even the manual references this happening when other car brands are around - I guess certain parking/proximity sensors tend to interfere with each other. Sometimes if a Tesla is in front of me while at a light, I'll get an occasional parking sensor warning. Same thing with some Ford's and Range Rovers. 99% of the time though, no problems with the sensors while at a light (or any other time, for that matter).
Interesting. I've never had that happen before in my other cars.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Interesting. I've never had that happen before in my other cars.
There is a commonality of some sort on those brands. They may all be on the same frequency and pick up the other signals. Most likely they all buy their sensors from the same source.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ value bin car?! Makes no sense. Shares no “bin” components with Kia or Hyundai.

I’m at 4K miles...drive it HARD...not one single issue.

So completely disagree with you...and most probably would as well.
Was referring to those value bins at stores, not component sharing. Just meaning that the Genesis is a value oriented luxury brand. At least right now. Targeting folks who cant afford one of the established brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was referring to those value bins at stores, not component sharing. Just meaning that the Genesis is a value oriented luxury brand. At least right now. Targeting folks who cant afford one of the established brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.
Completely disagree. I traded a BMW for the G70. I'm sure many on this forum came from other "high end" brands as well. I've had multiple BMWs, many Audis, multiple Mercedes... (along with a long string of Mustangs and a few exotics). Has nothing to do with not being able to afford one of those cars.

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Completely disagree. I traded a BMW for the G70. I'm sure many on this forum came from other "high end" brands as well. I've had multiple BMWs, many Audis, multiple Mercedes... (along with a long string of Mustangs and a few exotics). Has nothing to do with not being able to afford one of those cars.
Exactly what I was going to say. While affordability can be a factor for some, it definitely isn't for all.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Has nothing to do with what I can afford. I've had other brands and thought they were over priced and poor value. A few brands I won't buy because of reliability issues.

Yes, Genesis is a value luxury brand and smart people get the best possible value for their money.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agree--can afford the other brands but prefer Genesis. (I did consider Mercedes and Audi this time--but preferred G70.) I also appreciate good value and believe Genesis is that.
I also have a healthy dislike for BMW--primarily the dealership salespeople who I found obnoxious--so BMW just not an option for me. :)