• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I haven't gone through all the posts but to my eye it seems like they could have had a little less gap between the top of the tires and fender (fender well gap) on the Sport model. It looks perfect in all other ways.

Does the car lower via adaptive suspension once you're driving in sport mode?
Just stiffens the suspension, no lowering

chekraze

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ take it off Auto
It really shouldn’t blow the fan speed at high until there’s enough heat produced by the engine coolant to be able to distribute heat throughout the car which usually takes at least a few minutes. And that temp do you have it on when on auto?

chekraze

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Are you taking full advantage of the cruse control on long trips? You can go many miles and not touch the pedal. Some people are reluctant to use CC but I don't see why not.
I feel the same way. It may just be that people don’t have enough faith to trust the CC or they can’t adapt to not driving with their foot on the pedal. I know a lot of people like this

petraman

Happy HTRAC Season!
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'll go through close to half a tank during some workdays.

I wish there was push to start on the key fob, a few times I went to use it this winter the service was conveniently offline.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Test drove a G70 on Saturday... In fact we went to 4 dealers (Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, Honda) lots of sales people standing around and we were the only customers. 0 of the sales people were even willing to talk deals/price negotiation like they were clutching their inventory like pearls.

Wife thumbs down'd the G70 as the back seats weren't big enough to fit proper car seats for young kids and have a comfortable driving/riding position up front. The Stinger GT2 was given a meh; she liked the looks but thought it was too low. We have problem in Utah with scraping/bottoming on low vehicles. She liked Accord but thumbs down's the interior. She's trying to push a CX-5 2.5T on my and I lost my ish at that point. A CPO G80 likely will be my last decent Sedan option.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Wife thumbs down'd the G70 as the back seats weren't big enough to fit proper car seats for young kids and have a comfortable driving/riding position up front. ... A CPO G80 likely will be my last decent Sedan option.
Save issues I had, ended up with the G80. Great car.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Did you go 3.8 3.3T or 5.0?
I bought a new '19 base 3.8. I've always liked the idea of a new car.

Honestly, I really didn't look at the Sport or Ultimate, or the larger engines because they were all out of my price range. However, now that I've become more familiar with some of the features on the 3.3 Sport and the 5.0 Ultimate, I kinda regret not going with an '18 3.3 Sport with a few miles on it - for about the same price.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just looked that up - yikes - 15.8 gallons. That is small for a ~20 mpg car.
I didn't realize it was that bad. I do a lot better with the 5.0 ('15 genesis ultimate). 23 MPG is my normal (mostly highway), land lately 25-27 when traffic is light. I pulled in 27.7 on Friday's drive home from work. And this is with more than 420 HP (have some bold ons). I know Turbos can suck fuel but that is terrible mileage for that tank size. I regularly get 400 miles per tank with gas still in the tank.

petraman

Happy HTRAC Season!
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
I bought a new '19 base 3.8. I've always liked the idea of a new car.

Honestly, I really didn't look at the Sport or Ultimate, or the larger engines because they were all out of my price range. However, now that I've become more familiar with some of the features on the 3.3 Sport and the 5.0 Ultimate, I kinda regret not going with an '18 3.3 Sport with a few miles on it - for about the same price.
Don't want to derail this thread for the G80 but could you just cover what features of the 3.3T or 5.0 you would have rather had for the money? Is is the more usable power/tq, the infotainment, or something else specifically? All of the trims and power train options within the G80 do get a bit confusing so trying to understand the trade-offs per $ is a bit of a challenge off the get go.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Don't want to derail this thread for the G80 but could you just cover what features of the 3.3T or 5.0 you would have rather had for the money?
Since this is the "What do you not like about the G70" thread, we should take it elsewhere, but let me suggest you go to the "Build my G80" link on the Genesis website, and you can get an idea of the differences.

To me it would be the power, look, ventilated front seats, moonroof, sound system, front adjustable rear AC, and lots of settings in the car that are not in the base model. Dislikes are staggered tires, I like them to all be the same, and chrome sport pedals. Don't get me wrong, I love my new, base G80.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums